Trade Deadline (Nov 1) Bills Rumors / Speculation

Warriorspikes51

Just now, JaCrispy said:

Don’t forget, we still have Duke Johnson if need be 👍

I am a fan of Duke Johnson and thought that he would supplant Moss as the RB2. I’ll still be just a bit disappointed if the Bills don’t add a significant player today or later with an OBJ signing. Even in a scenario where the Bills fall short of a SB win (hopefully not) you want to know that every possible move was made. Other contenders aren’t sitting idly by. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Hockenson is intriguing.  Knox isn’t really a traditional TE.  Would allow Knox to play more in the backfield and also some 2 Tight End looks which was clearly the plan with the OJ Howard signing.  

And Hockenson’s contract is $500k this year and $9m next year.  

Hockensen is a freaking beast.  That would lead to more matchup nightmares for other teams...probably even a better signing than OBJ at this point...would be the Bills version of Gronk and Hernandez.

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Yea, but the only thing I’ve learned is that if we do finally make a move on the deadline, I’d actually be surprised if it’s for one of these linked players to us … that’s why, even though fake, randomly trading for Hockenson would make sense given how tight lipped and secretive our FO is. 

So, we should post random, speculative trade scenarios because they have just as good a chance to be traded to the Bills than those reported by legitimate sources?  Cool.  I heard Panthers might move OT Ikem Ekwonu to for mid-round picks. Get it done, Beane. 

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Hockenson is intriguing.  Knox isn’t really a traditional TE.  Would allow Knox to play more in the backfield and also some 2 Tight End looks which was clearly the plan with the OJ Howard signing.  

Adding him would be huge. 

2 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Knox didn’t get the money that he got so he can play in the backfield more. Hockenson is so underwhelming. Seems like he goes invisible quite often.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I think they kicked the tires on the two elite playmakers who happen to be RB’s… McCaffrey and Kamara. 

Outside of Josh Jacobs, who’s more redundant with Singletary than a guy to pair with Singletary.. nobody else is that much an upgrade to be throwing 4th round picks around on rentals. 

James Cook showed alot on Sunday night.   Still not sure about his pass pro ability, but he ran in-between the guards, outside tackle and made a big pass play.  That’s a guy who defenses can’t just key in on as a pass catcher. 

They may have kicked the tires but didn’t close a deal. Moss is essentially useless now so they have a need besides an upgrade. They’d be deadly thin in an injury situation. Moss has flashed but doesn’t look to be a big contributor to a playoff / championship run to this point. If you’re not getting better you’re falling behind. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Adding him would be huge. 

3 WR  Diggs Davis OBJ
2 TE Knox Hockenson

That's quite the formation 

4 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Knox didn’t get the money that he got so he can play in the backfield more. Hockenson is so underwhelming. Seems like he goes invisible quite often.

26 for 395 and 3TDs.....

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Hockenson is a mouth-breather, could impact team chemistry.

11 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

3 WR  Diggs Davis OBJ
2 TE Knox Hockenson

That's quite the formation 

26 for 395 and 3TDs.....

179 of those yards and 2 of those TDs came in a single game where the Lions were thin at receiver and he was fed the ball in a 93 point shootout. 

The rest of the games he’s averaging 3 catches for 36 yards. 

Edited by Bangarang

Just now, Motor26 said:

I don't think one of those guys would put the Chiefs over the Bills in anyone's mind. 

They would.  Doesn’t mean it’s correct, but if the Chiefs managed to trade for Toney and Chubb, while we do nothing.. prepare yourself for the talking heads to say the Chiefs overtook us while we stood still (until/if we sign OBJ)

15 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

He is on the Lions...of course he is.  That being said, he is on pace for nearly a 1,000 yard season this year.  He would be serious weapon for us.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

He is on the Lions...of course he is.  That being said, he is on pace for nearly a 1,000 yard season this year.  He would be serious weapon for us.

We barely use the TE we already have who’s shown he can be just as much of a weapon for us. 

Plus I don’t think Beane is going to make a move for another TE like Hockenson after he just paid Knox. 

3 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Not just a weapon, but also an insurance policy that ensures we have a legit TE threat on the field if either one happen to miss any time due to injury.

27 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I think they kicked the tires on the two elite playmakers who happen to be RB’s… McCaffrey and Kamara. 

Outside of Josh Jacobs, who’s more redundant with Singletary than a guy to pair with Singletary.. nobody else is that much an upgrade to be throwing 4th round picks around on rentals. 

James Cook showed alot on Sunday night.   Still not sure about his pass pro ability, but he ran in-between the guards, outside tackle and made a big pass play.  That’s a guy who defenses can’t just key in on as a pass catcher. 

the thing with Sunday though is that Green Bay has a bad run D.  Also would not want to pin RB hopes on a rookie with one solid game.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Bangarang said:

We barely use the TE we already have who’s shown he can be just as much of a weapon for us. 

Plus I don’t think Beane is going to make a move for another TE like Hockenson after he just paid Knox. 

I think it makes sense. 

We tried to bring in Howard.  Didn’t work out.  Clearly the idea of two legit TE’s has been in the heads of Dorsey/McDermott/Beane. 

Hockenson has a low salary this year and then is under contract for roughly 9.5M next year.  

We can find the money to fit him next year.  It’s pretty easy to find where we pay Edmunds almost twice that and offer Poyer a short term deal.  We could simply not bring back one of them and then Hockenson is either extended or comes off the books as we potentially look to extend Gabe. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Last thing we need is Tommy Sweeney getting significant snaps in a big playoff game…

I don't think that is an issue. As we have seen this year Morris and Gilliam are big capable pass catchers. Sure, Sweeney is the back up for Knox, but situationally Morris and Gilliam will be the go-to's.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.