Jump to content

NFLPA initiating investigation into Tua’s concussion protocol


YoloinOhio
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, LV Bills fan said:

The result would have been the same if Bridgewater stayed in, Tua made zero difference in that Dolphin victory. 

 

Did you watch Teddy throwing the ball? I was afraid he might actually be better…..until he played. 

 

He might have found a rhythm in time, but he had an ugly start. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Forfeit?? What? 
This is worthy of a cmon man!!! 
 

I could be wrong but I’m under the impression Concussions are dealt with by an independent doctor not the teams doctor. So that doctor in charge would be on the hook. 
Did Tua ever actually enter the concussion protocol?? Once again that’s not the teams decision, that call comes from above. They call down and pull players off the field all the time. 
You should be embarrassed to actually ask for a forfeit in this situation. 

Edited by Rc2catch
  • Disagree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:


Did you skip the game ?   Tua made the one big play to Waddle 🤷🏼‍♂️

 

Rushing 3 contain and broken coverage made that play happen. Any QB can make that throw.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There were a lot of things wrong with that game. Guys were dropping every other play at one point so I was like, good lord I don't care who wins anymore can we just end this one? It sucked. 

 

Not to sound like a whiner but the heat, I think, needs to be discussed going forward. If the league gives a crap about player safety like they say they do then you'd think there'd be a rule that says you can't purposely make the opponent bake in the heat. 

 

Not too long ago I recall some Dolphins teams p*ssing and moaning about how every away game vs. Buffalo always happened in December. And they didn't think that was fair because the cold put them at a disadvantage. The next couple seasons the Bills would play Miami at home in September and October. When are they up here, week 15 is it? I hope the high that day is frickin' 7. Freeze your stupid fish bawlz off you nerds. 

Edited by blacklabel
  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Yeah the forfeit thing is bull####, the game happened it's over, they should probably lose a draft pick or something if things come to light about the concussion protocol because the player safety needs to be important.

Is it really BS? Tua ahould have never been allowed to play. I believe that is cheating. It doesn't matter how he played and if he made a difference. The fact is a player who is their leader and number 1 QB shouldn't have played. The dolphin doctors should be held accountable too. One doctor can always overrule another or get a sexond opinion. Plus, that was so obvious a blind doctor could see Tua suffered a concussion. Ok now I'll shut up. 

41 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

There's supposed to be an NFL medically trained specialist at every stadium to test the player.  This whole back issue lie is pathetic.  The NFLPA will delve deep into this. 

If the NFL doesn't get involved they are opening themselves up to possible lawsuits. They just can't sit idle and ignore what happened. 

41 minutes ago, LV Bills fan said:

The result would have been the same if Bridgewater stayed in, Tua made zero difference in that Dolphin victory. 

That's not the point. Plus, you don't really know that's the case. Either way your response falls woefully short. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Is it really BS? Tua ahould have never been allowed to play. I believe that is cheating. It doesn't matter how he played and if he made a difference. The fact is a player who is their leader and number 1 QB shouldn't have played. The dolphin doctors should be held accountable too. One doctor can always overrule another or get a sexond opinion. Plus, that was so obvious a blind doctor could see Tua suffered a concussion. Ok now I'll shut up. 

Gotta stop with this stuff. 
Nothing is going to happen.  It’s not like Tua was injecting steroids at halftime.  He didn’t come out a better player. If he was truly concussed and Miami played him, then they’re lucky he didn’t hurt himself worse. 
 

But how the heck do you prove anything now?!?  
 

Let it go. It’s done. Bills lost. Weird game all the way around. Best to forget it, get healthy and move on. 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m confused at those calling for a fine/suspension/punishment to the Fins.

 

Doesn’t an independent neurologist have to approve the reentry of a player? If they gave them the go-ahead, how would that be on the Dolphins ? They got him cleared, so he played. 
 

Am I missing something? 
 

I know they said it was his back, but still, the independent Dr. still needs to pass him.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, DJB said:

I’m a paramedic and my sister is an emergency physician.

 

We both agree that he was concussed on the play 100%.

I agree too.  Not arguing with you at all (and this question is not directed at you), but how can anything even be proved?  

 

The Dolphins say, we checked his head, it’s fine. It was his back that was the issue. Who’s gonna say otherwise. Then on top, he still goes back out and makes a game changing play on a long 3rd down, so clearly he was ‘good enough.’  Just feel like the NFL is saying what it needs to say… but what the heck are they gonna do to prove anything?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

I’m confused at those calling for a fine/suspension/punishment to the Fins.

 

Doesn’t an independent neurologist have to approve the reentry of a player? If they gave them the go-ahead, how would that be on the Dolphins ? They got him cleared, so he played. 
 

Am I missing something? 
 

I know they said it was his back, but still, the independent Dr. still needs to pass him.

 

Its supposedly an independent doctor, but truly where do you think the doctor comes from? I'm sure its a doctor from the home team area. I highly doubt the NFL is flying in doctors from different areas, for every game. These "independent" doctors may not be so independent in each situation.

5 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

I agree too.  Not arguing with you at all (and this question is not directed at you), but how can anything even be proved?  

 

The Dolphins say, we checked his head, it’s fine. It was his back that was the issue. Who’s gonna say otherwise. Then on top, he still goes back out and makes a game changing play on a long 3rd down, so clearly he was ‘good enough.’  Just feel like the NFL is saying what it needs to say… but what the heck are they gonna do to prove anything?

The whole argument about him coming back and still being able to play fine is ridiculous. In the era before concussions were a big deal players routinely kept playing and did good.

Edited by Herc11
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • YoloinOhio changed the title to NFLPA initiating investigation into Tua’s concussion protocol

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...