NFLPA initiating investigation into Tua’s concussion protocol

YoloinOhio

The issue here is that Tua’s wobbly condition is obvious to anyone who has seen the footage. There is really no debate. So much so, that the standard responses (3rd party doc) don’t satisfy responsibility questions and potential gamesmanship (back injury) comes off as irresponsible. 

Egregious comes to mind. Someone dropped the ball here.  

Due to the National interest in the game (huge audience/best game/close score) the obvious injury and I guarantee a 100% audience response of “wait they’re letting him play” across the board will result in this being more of a big deal than we may anticipate.

But I’m wrong almost all the time 😁😅  

So what do I know? 

I think this game will be the focus game this years team needed to go the distance. All downhill from here. 

Go Bills!!

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Yeah I posted some of this stuff in the game day thread. Pains are saying his back was injured on another play and that during that hit when he got up his back locked up. Yet during the game it was reported he was being evaluated for a head injury. 

a web of lies 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

So they are saying that Tua had a back/spinal injury that caused him to lose control of his legs, and they put him right back into the game?  That might actually be dumber than letting him back in after a concussion!

so not only did they not care that the opponent was literally dying of heat stroke 

they let their franchise QB risk paralyzation 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

So they are saying that Tua had a back/spinal injury that caused him to lose control of his legs, and they put him right back into the game?  That might actually be dumber than letting him back in after a concussion!

and yet Tua didn't grab his back or ankle during the entire sequence but did grab his head. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Herc11 said:

Do we even know if he was evaluated by the NFL doc? I dont remember him ever going to the sideline tent. Maybe the Dolphins docs quickly intervened and developed the back injury excuse and told that to the NFL docs so they wouldn't look at him.

He hit his head and collapsed in the field. He automatically has to get checked or they didn’t follow protocol. 

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I am just popping in to make sure this was posted:

That's great. I don't think I've ever seen that.

I always do 2,500 sit ups per day with a 20 pound weight too..

I need to watch out.

17 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

He was on punch drunk legs. No doubt about it. Can see his head bounce off the ground. Equilibrium was *****. Fine the cheats.

The thing to remember here is that even if he was "CLEARED" during the protocol at half time, there is a rule that says he can't re-enter the game...if he exhibited signs that he had a concussion.

The noodle legs and falling to the ground would definitely quality as signs of concussion.

So, even if he passed all tests with the independent neurologist, he should not have been allowed back in the game.

That's why they are lying about why he fell and had noodle legs....

It's a legal defense, effectively.

What horse *****!

Edited by Nextmanup
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

He hit his head and collapsed in the field. He automatically has to get checked or they didn’t follow protocol. 

Thats what I'm getting at. Because everyone knows the back excuse was BS and I dont see an unbiased neurologist clearing him if he actually went into the protocol

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.