NFLPA initiating investigation into Tua’s concussion protocol

YoloinOhio

6 minutes ago, FormerlyPT5P said:

So is roughing the passer. Punishable by yards. This will be a fine. Not some replay of two quarters with Teddy Bridgewater

Who are you even arguing against? No one believes that this will result in a do-over.

2 minutes ago, MRW said:

Who are you even arguing against? No one believes that this will result in a do-over.

I don't know I guess I got defensive I'm not really inserting the post I replied to or this exact thread topic into my first post. Just felt as good a place as any to comment on the outrage I saw in the game thread and elsewhere.

24 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

It's less about that and more like we all witnessed them breaking the rules.

Just now, FormerlyPT5P said:

I don't know I guess I got defensive I'm not really inserting the post I replied to or this exact thread topic into my first post. Just felt as good a place as any to comment on the outrage I saw in the game thread and elsewhere.

Fair enough, I would agree that it would be ridiculous to point to this as a reason the Bills lost. But I think it does make a joke of the NFL talking about player safety.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, FormerlyPT5P said:

We're reacting to it because we all saw it happen live, game wise don't care, but he was not well and shouldn't have been back out there.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, UKBillFan said:

I think I said this on the other Tua thread, but Peter King stated Tua was seen by an unafiliated doctor at the half who decided he was fit to return.

Isn't the whole point that there was video evidence of impairment and thus he can't return even if cleared. 

Edited by Ethan in Cleveland

55 minutes ago, FormerlyPT5P said:

Some of you are seriously talking about this as an excuse. The concern for the NFL is if it was safe for him to play, not if a concussed quarterback continuing to play was somehow "unfair" to the Bills.

Weak. I'll agree with any prescribed punishments but the NFLPA doesn't give two ***** about his impact or the outcome of the game 

I literally dont see anyone arguing it was unfair to the bills in this thread... weak is that you think a discussion about concussion protocol is somehow complaining. Tua didnt do anything in the 2nd half. Wouldve made no difference him or bridgewater/

• Like (+1) 1

I admit that with him being all woozy, I was SURE it was a concussion. But he somehow passed the test, and played and looked fine. They have to see if the tests were well done... and if the tests themselves need some  fixing. But the way Tua played and behaved he indeed looked as if nothing had happened.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

We're reacting to it because we all saw it happen live, game wise don't care, but he was not well and shouldn't have been back out there.

5 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

I literally dont see anyone arguing it was unfair to the bills in this thread... weak is that you think a discussion about concussion protocol is somehow complaining. Tua didnt do anything in the 2nd half. Wouldve made no difference him or bridgewater/

Yeah I get it. Didn't mean to imply anyone here shared that opinion.

2 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

At first I thought maybe it was possible the stumble was his back, as I've had situations where my back locked up that almost took me to the ground - but upon further review that was obviously not what this was.  I don't think the independent doctor will be doing concussion asessment for NFL games in the future

• Like (+1) 2

Do we know if he was sent to the tent to be evaluated by the Dr.?  Some seem to be questioning that.  And aren't there supposed to be spotters in the press box who look for this kind of thing?  I remember a controversy a few years ago when the coach (don't remember who) said he didn't see his QB acting woozy.  After the controversy that caused there were supposed to be spotters who would alert the sideline that the player had to be seen in the tent.  Maybe someone remembers the details on this?

4 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

Not sure if this is a joke.  If so, sorry. If not, do you think a ‘monster fine’ scares a billion dollar football team?  Money is not the way the penalize..

It’s actually not a joke, and I don’t disagree with you. That said, a fine is what will happen. They aren’t going to take away a draft pick or something like that for a violation like this. I would expect a big fine, and probably Some remedial action (new independent doctor). 

11 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

It’s actually not a joke, and I don’t disagree with you. That said, a fine is what will happen. They aren’t going to take away a draft pick or something like that for a violation like this. I would expect a big fine, and probably Some remedial action (new independent doctor). 

I hear ya, but I feel like that means jack sh!t to teams. If it were the Bills, the mafia would offer to pay it. And if they didn’t, the owner would pull that cash out of their pockets. Money is never an object of concern. Fines are BS in pro sports. 

I'll admit fully it would have ben a huge break for The Bills...But in all honesty, when he was 1st stumbling I figured he was done. I really assumed there was no way the NFL was going to let him go back in that game. Just being honest, he looked real wobbly...

Edited by KOKBILLS

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.