NFLPA initiating investigation into Tua’s concussion protocol

YoloinOhio

There a few levels I can see the doctor saying he does not have a concussion, all predicated on dolphin organization not sharing full info with doctor 

1) not seeing video, that alone should have required he go into protocol and be done for day.

2) delay the exam for 15 minutes until he gets his wits about him 

3) doctor being given a strict set of standards that the NFL and NFLPA agreed to, which Tua did not fulfill. 

I would be shocked if a doctor would put his license on line to help the dolphins win the game.

2 minutes ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

I would like to see figures on times a player has shown concussion-type symptoms on the field and they are evaluated and allowed to continue playing in the game. 

The optics sure don't look good. For that reason, I think an investigation is warranted. 

16 minutes ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

Same. And honestly I’m not even complaining that we had to Tua. It’s just fair play. We had to pull Josh some years ago vs the Pats at home in a close game we lost by 6. Fair is fair. 

Fair is fair and right is right.

I couldn't give a rat's ass about how Tua coming back affected the game.  This is a 24-year-old (young) man who has his entire career and life ahead of him.  It is ABUNDANDLY clear that he should not have been allowed to return to the game.

Even if this independent neurologist cleared him, someone on the Dolphins staff should have immediately asked, "What?  Are you f*cking kidding me?  Did you not see that this kid was literally out on his feet just minutes ago??!"

Someone has to advocate for the long-term safety of these players.  Especially the high-profile ones - AKA, the ones who line the pockets of the NFL/Owners.

This situation has made clear that the current concussion "protocol" rules don't do that across the board.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 5

On 9/26/2022 at 1:48 PM, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

They should also look into shade for the opponents 

Are they going to wait until someone dies from heat stroke ?

for a guy who has suffered bad back issues 

that is not how one walks when you suffer from disc problems 

This. I had a ruptured disc that made my left leg drag like a zombie (luckily surgery helped). He grabbed at his head, sat there stunned, then fell over trying to walk off the field. When your back flares up, the last thing you’re going to do is sit like that. 

• Like (+1) 2

I wish they'd stop with the Tua back injury bs. When Milano hits him, he whiplashes, and his head slams into the ground. He gets up, goes to walk, shakes his head, and proceeds to wobble like a punch drunk boxer. The fact that these idiots in sports media are feeding the story is stupid af. 

Edited by H2o
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, H2o said:

I wish they'd stop with th Tua back injury bs. When Milano hits him, he whiplashes, and his head slams into the ground. He gets up, goes to walk, shakes his head, and proceeds to wobble like a punch drunk boxer. The fact that these idiots in sports media are feeding the story is stupid af. 

It's past ridiculous. People just lie

• Agree 2

25 minutes ago, co_springs_billsfan said:

As Bills fans we really need to lay off the Dolphins and Tua here. None of us has given Tua a medical exam. And it's not like the Dolphins have any recent history circumventing the NFL's rules

You’re right.  I wonder who they will pick with their first rounder this year.  Oh, wait.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, H2o said:

I wish they'd stop with the Tua back injury bs. When Milano hits him, he whiplashes, and his head slams into the ground. He gets up, goes to walk, shakes his head, and proceeds to wobble like a punch drunk boxer. The fact that these idiots in sports media are feeding the story is stupid af. 

I heard Sal C. say on GR earlier that when he first went out of the game, they referred to his injury as a head injury. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I heard Sal C. say on GR earlier that when he first went out of the game, they referred to his injury as a head injury. 

They did.  The sideline reporter reported that on TV or at least someone from the media there did.

Edited by Scott7975

5 hours ago, H2o said:

The unspoken truth is that most fans, media, network execs, team management, owners, fellow players.........basically anyone with a vested interest in the quality of the game..........don't want players to have to leave games for getting their "bell rung" like that.    It's why it's so hard to actually enforce.    

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.