Poyer is "Not Expected to Play"

loyal2dagame

3 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

If you look closely, some of the injuries had nothing to do with the Titans.  Hyde's injury was from a routine tackle. I'm thinking any neck issues he has may have been there before the game.  Phillips pulled his hamstring by running; sort of self-inflicted.  Jackson's injury was from Edmund's tackle; friendly fire.  I didn't catch how Poyer, Knox, and Morse got hurt but it happens.  Next man up!  I don't expect any sympathy from the Dolphins but you can find 'sympathy' in the dictionary somewhere in between 's**t' and 'syphilis'.  Squish The Fish!

You're ignoring that these are directly related the "Titan's Curse" that the Bills suffer from.. things just go bad whenever we play them

• Disagree 1

I looked away for about four hours. Where did this come from?

It's still going to come down to Josh and the d-line. It can be done, maybe we even flex the run game and try to control tempo more, but Hill and Waddle against a  completely gutted secondary is quite the challenge. One thing's for sure is I think we'll get a good sense of the real Tua tomorrow. He should definitely have his opportunities, but on a pretty big stage with Von Miller breathing on him. I'm hoping there's a very real chance that the main storyline tomorrow is Tua flopping.

That’s a pretty significant injury report only 2 weeks into the season. Is the year, that was supposed to be ‘our year’ with Super Bowl expectations, going to be sabotaged by injuries?
Are we the 2021 Ravens, snakebit by injuries and missing the playoffs entirely? 

Other than losing Tre on turkey day, the Bills cruised into the playoffs without any major injuries to starters last year.

2 or 3 starters on defense I don’t worry too much about. But when the entire secondary may be manned by reserves and the middle of the defensive line that was reinforced to stop the run is missing 3 of 4 - yeah, I’m a little concerned. 
The offense better stay healthy and play lights out or we could be in for a long season. 

8 hours ago, loyal2dagame said:

If Tre isn't on the depth chart, does he count? 

No, Tre doesn’t count as on IR, but the media can spin it to make more melodrama.  Guys, don’t get caught in the weeds.

D. Jones is the starter for 1 tech DT.  Settle is a luxury and if he can even play 35% of the snaps would be nice.  Frasier is going to pop GROOT and Boogie inside to alternate, Rousseau was good on the limited snaps last week in the Titans game.  We still have Von, AJ, and Shaq on the outside.  It’s projected as of this morning 87 degrees during game time with a 30% chance of showers at 3 pm.  That means it will get cloudy for a 1/2 hour before if you lived in FL.  That’s not too bad in dealing with D Line rotations.

Our backups in the secondary playing today have been solid, but have never seen playing time as Hyde/Poyer show never seems to get injured until now.  Look for more than 50% snap count of Von.  This will be a game where we may see him 65-70% out if necessity.  His whole career he’s played around 75% of snaps.  It’s not the first time these guys have played in heat.  Heck most of them grew up in hot areas.

One last thing, The Pats are horrible amd they barely beat them.  The Ravens secondary is atrocious and we’re still up big into the 4th Quarter.  We destroyed the World Champions and the #1 seed in the AFC last year.  They are no  behemoth because they picked up Hill.  We are a far better coached team, amd we have been in the same system with the same coaches for the most part for 5 years.  Someone pointed out, we destroyed the Fins before with our backups.

Am I concerned a little, sure.  What I think is at risk is not our 17 pt win advantage for I don’t know, FOUR YEARS,  but we might win this one by 7 to 10.

Edited by machine gun kelly
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

No, Tre doesn’t count as on IR, but the media can spin it to make more melodrama.  Guys, don’t get caught in the weeds.

D. Jones is the starter for 1 tech DT.  Settle is a luxury and if he can even play 35% of the snaps would be nice.  Frasier is going to pop GROOT and Boogie inside to alternate, Rousseau was good on the limited snaps last week in the Titans game.  We still have Von, AJ, and Shaq on the outside.  It’s projected as of this morning 87 degrees during game time with a 30% chance of showers at 3 pm.  That means it will get cloudy for a 1/2 hour before if you lived in FL.  That’s not too bad in dealing with D Line rotations.

Our backups in the secondary playing today have been solid, but have never seen playing time as Hyde/Poyer show never seems to get injured until now.  Look for more than 50% snap count of Von.  This will be a game where we may see him 65-70% out if necessity.  His whole career he’s played around 75% of snaps.  It’s not the first time these guys have played in heat.  Heck most of them grew up in hot areas.

One last thing, The Pats are horrible amd they barely beat them.  The Ravens secondary is atrocious and we’re still up big into the 4th Quarter.  We destroyed the World Champions and the #1 seed in the AFC last year.  They are no  behemoth because they picked up Hill.  We are a far better coached team, amd we have been in the same system with the same coaches for the most part for 5 years.  Someone pointed out, we destroyed the Fins before with our backups.

Am I concerned a little, sure.  What I think is at risk is not our 17 pt win advantage for I don’t know, FOUR YEARS,  but we might win this one by 7 to 10.

This game could be a major shoot out let’s hope Von Groot and the rest of the DL can disrupt the hell out of Tua and the running game

32 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

1,2,3,7,10,17... Doesn't really matter to me. Just get the Win with no additional injuries please!'🙏

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Turbo44 said:

You do realize our offense is 100% healthy, we have josh Allen, the oline of the fins is hurting, we have josh allen, the d of the dolphins is hurt and is the worst in the league so far and we have josh allen. 

Yep I realize we have Josh, O is mostly healthy (Gabe will go a bit gimpy), Dolphins Oline is vulnerable & actually the Ravens D not the Dolphins D is ranked last (see below), which makes me feel better. But regardless, I was kidding. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/team/_/view/defense

4 hours ago, Turbo44 said:

You do realize our offense is 100% healthy, we have josh Allen, the oline of the fins is hurting, we have josh allen, the d of the dolphins is hurt and is the worst in the league so far and we have josh allen. 

I mean, it isn't. Gabe is a gametime decision and we know was still hobbling as recently as Thursday because we have video that shows it. And Mitch will almost certainly play but is dealing with an elbow. 

While we have Josh Allen I remain confident of a win but the Bills are hurting this week and it definitely gives Miami more of a shot than they would have had.

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I mean, it isn't. Gabe is a gametime decision and we know was still hobbling as recently as Thursday because we have video that shows it. And Mitch will almost certainly play but is dealing with an elbow. 

While we have Josh Allen I remain confident of a win but the Bills are hurting this week and it definitely gives Miami more of a shot than they would have had.

If our offense performs and the Dolphins still win then it'll be down to our shredded secondary - the second week in a row where they've had that fortune. They have the opportunity to take advantage of our issues; this afternoon we'll see if they are good enough to do so.

Edited by UKBillFan
  • Agree 1

The injuries suck no doubt but does anyone think Miami's defense can stop the Bills offense?  Even if Davis doesn't play I don't think so.  Xavien Howard has a groin injury.  Even if he plays he's not 100%.  Diggs will torch him.  Robert Needham is a slot CB playing CB2 because Byron Jones, the usual CB2, is on IR.  They have an UDFA playing slot now.  The Dolphins are hurting at CB too.  Not just the Bills.  

• Like (+1) 1

I read it as  Tra and Dane out, which is incredible.   Tra, Dane, Micah, and Jordan (and Taron) is best secondary in NFL.  We are starting two rookies at CB, and have two ballers at S starting today, and will cover the blur brothers.  That is a remarkable testament of the job Beane has done, and the incredible depth on this Bills team

1 minute ago, Pete said:

I read it as  Tra and Dane out, which is incredible.   Tra, Dane, Micah, and Jordan (and Taron) is best secondary in NFL.  We are starting two rookies at CB, and have two ballers at S starting today, and will cover the blur brothers.  That is a remarkable testament of the job Beane has done, and the incredible depth on this Bills team

Have you not seen the news about Hyde, Poyer, & Phillips ?

5 minutes ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

Have you not seen the news about Hyde, Poyer, & Phillips ?

We are starting two rookies at CB, and have two ballers at S starting today, and will cover the blur brothers. 

Im referring to Johnson and Hamlin.  Rave reviews from coaches the past two years about those two

Edited by Pete

So our defensive backfield today is two rookie CBs,  2nd year and a 4th year Safeties totaling 1 career start ? ... Tuna is going to be a very bruised and battered swimming mammal today, and tomorrow, and Tuesday ... He's going to get hit a lot.

JA17 and his buddies on offense will just drop a 50 burger on the Porpoises.

I saw the thread title I'm like Noooooo then I began cursing in spanish.  I won't do it here out of respect to the brethren. But that is exactly how I feel....I'll post a single one very appropo

m*****

I mean dangit! Now Im ready to see how this new obstacle will be overcome. Same as was for  Micah Hyde. Next Man Up but DANG..........

What I do think is our D-Line wlll be pressuring the heck out of their OL to get to tua, making him less effective downfield.

Im GLAD our fans are overtaking their stinking crib. I hope it home field advantage BUFFALO

squish the fish!

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.