NFL Week #2 - 9/18/2022 - Around the NFL - Games Not Including the Bills

BuffaloBill

1 minute ago, buffblue said:

I thought guys like Cappa and Lael Collins would at least improve the line as a whole. So far, it ain't happening.

Burrow also looks very skittish.

Collins is not the player he was. His mobility is majorly reduced by hip surgery. 

Cappa is a good player but not a great one. He isn't the type who lifts the level of those around him.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Lol that will not be hard to do…that was honestly one of the worst defensive performances I’ve ever seen. I’m not sure how many people actually saw the game here. Baltimore was blowing routine coverages all day

It honestly was probably the worst half of DB play I've ever seen.

1 minute ago, Gene1973 said:

Some say that is the QB's job, to throw with anticipation. Allen even said he needs to get better at this, because the Bills were one of the worst YAC teams last season.

Yeah, I dont think its that simple.  Hill and Waddle are beasts and still get YAC after bad throws.  Sure, some of it may be ball placement but our guys just arent YAC guys except for maybe McKenzie if he holds onto the ball.  For all the whining about losing Beasley, even he lost a step last year which is why he is riding the sofa.

Just now, Scott7975 said:

True but its also hard to cover that speed.  I think Miami is ***** with Tua but that receiving core is the real deal.

Yep 100%. 
Tua is not scary at all.  The WR’s are. 

I’m no coach, but I’d hope to bring strong pressure on Tua all game… take away any time he has to look past his first read.  Linebackers need to gobble up those short passes. Young CB’s need to do their best to cover as long as they can, and Poyer/Hyde come in the rescue.. and nothing deep. 

Oh yeah, Josh needs to go ahead and backhand the dolphins D… which looked very mediocre today. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Lol that will not be hard to do…that was honestly one of the worst defensive performances I’ve ever seen. I’m not sure how many people actually saw the game here. Baltimore was blowing routine coverages all day

Didn’t see it save for the last few minutes. I’ll take your word for it ; seemed like an epic collapse. 

4 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Those are the kinda stats that are needed for the MVP award.

Lol yea if he could do anywhere close to that against an above average defense on a consistent basis. You’re not gonna see defenses like that too often with the schedule the afc east drew this year. 

He played about the same as he did in the NE game but NE didn’t forget how to communicate on defense in week 1

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.