NFL Week #2 - 9/18/2022 - Around the NFL - Games Not Including the Bills

BuffaloBill

2 minutes ago, Fallser said:

How the eff did Cinci make it to the Super Bowl last year?  Dang, we whiffed on it last season...I thought Cincinnatti had something, but I guess it's the squishy fishy we're going to have to worry about...

Chiefs fans are sitting there wondering the same thing.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

He's not an MVP candidate. I'm saying Allen needs more games like that, or close to that. But minus the INT's.

Eh... I agree that the stat line is one associated with MVP candidates, but I don't think Allen will ever need to put up anywhere near 500 yards + 6 TD's to be an MVP.

Those simply aren't normal stats, even for MVPs. Here are the MVP's for the last few years:

2021: Aaron Rodgers - Never had more than 4 TD's in a game, never hit 400 yards passing (highest was 385), 4 x 300 yard passing games

2020: Aaron Rodgers - Never had more than 4 TD's in a game, never hit 400 yards passing (highest was 364), 5 x 300 yard passing games

2019: Lamar Jackson - Had 3 games with 5 passing TD's (3 games with 0 passing TD's), only 1 x 300 yard passing game (5 x 100 yard rushing games)

So just going off the recent MVP's, nobody hit 6 passing TD's in a game even once, and Rodgers never had more than 4 TD's in the last 2 years. And none of the last 3 MVP's even broke the 400 yard passing mark once. Even if you combine Lamar's rushing & passing yards, his highest total in a single game was 392 yards. 

Point being Allen won't need to hit 400+ yards or even 5+ TD's a single time to win MVP.

Edited by BigDingus

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.