McDermott says he wants the team to show "more discipline", what does he mean?

Beck Water

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/sean-mcdermott-improving-our-level-of-play

Muki Hawkins asks McDermott, "what are some of the things that you're looking to see out of your team this week, that you didn't see Week 1?"

McDermott says "Well I think we need to exhibit more discipline than we did a week ago, I think that's important"

Then he goes all generic: "and just continue to improve on our level of play in all areas" (that Kaizen Jordan Poyer talked about - McD even sketched a graph with his hand)

I had the impression that Muki caught McDermott giving a rare candid answer instead of boilerplate (of course the boilerplate followed)

What do you thnk McDermott meant by that?  What specifically does he want to see the team be more disciplined about?  Penalties?  Taunting?  Josh getting down instead of putting his shoulder down?  Gap integrity against the run?

The Bills had 5 penalties in the game:  DH on Phillips (5); DH on Taron Johnson (5) - this was on 3rd and 10 and gave them a 1st down; False Start on Saffold (3rd & 2 became 3rd & 7, converted); False Start on Spencer Brown (1st and 10 became 1st and 15); Taunting on Dane Jackson after his INT (moved starting at LA 22 to LA 37)    Then of course the league fined Diggs for taunting Ramsey, implying they believe it should have been a penalty.

Over to you, Bills Fans  🎤

• Eyeroll 1

17 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Mystery solved! Well done!

Dance Dancing GIF by Scooby-Doo

I would’ve gotten away with it if it weren’t for those meddling kids.  🤪

This isn’t rocket science, we may have won by three scores, but you can’t win most games when you turn the ball over that much.  Moss and Cook, GO SLEEP with that BALL!  Where you go, the ball goes.  You guys think I’m kidding.  Old school Cougin made Barber when he was a fumbler literally carry the ball everywhere when in the building and made him take it home.  Other players would try to punch it out.  

It worked and he had very good control of the ball on the second half of his career.  He told this story years ago on one of the shows he was on.  I can’t remember which.  Allen three one legit pick, but McKenzie has to secure that ball when his number is called.  I don’t blame McD for being upset.  It’s what he should say even in a win.

Tomorrow night, we can clean that up and get rid of the jitters.  If we didn’t play our starters a bit in preseason, we could’ve looked as sloppy as some teams in week 1.

• Like (+1) 3

NFL hands out over $54,000 in fines for unsportsmanlike conduct, taunting from Week 1

Buffalo Bills' Stefon Diggs was fined $10,609 for taunting Los Angeles Rams' Jalen Ramsey after his 53-yard touchdown in the season opener.

Dane Jackson, of the Buffalo Bills, was given a $4,972 fine for taunting

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/nfl-hands-out-54000-fines-unsportsmanlike-conduct-taunting-week-1

I liked taunting Ramsey for what goes around comes around 

4 hours ago, AlfaBill said:

Maybe the trash talking and taunting?

This, it’s the act like you’ve been there before thing, and the turnovers, 

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, ALF said:

NFL hands out over $54,000 in fines for unsportsmanlike conduct, taunting from Week 1

Buffalo Bills' Stefon Diggs was fined $10,609 for taunting Los Angeles Rams' Jalen Ramsey after his 53-yard touchdown in the season opener.

Dane Jackson, of the Buffalo Bills, was given a $4,972 fine for taunting

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/nfl-hands-out-54000-fines-unsportsmanlike-conduct-taunting-week-1

I liked taunting Ramsey for what goes around comes around 

I'm almost surprised they didn't fine Josh for running down the field and screaming in his face for about 3 seconds when he got to Ramsey. He stared him down the whole time. I'm fine with Stef talking to him about it. Ramsey's mouth continually writes checks his you know what can't cash. 

4 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Mystery solved! Well done!

Dance Dancing GIF by Scooby-Doo

I always wondered why Velma was forced to go with Shaggy and Scooby so Fred and Daphne could have their "alone time"...

43 minutes ago, MJS said:

I'm sure he is talking about the turnovers, specifically the running back fumbles. Cook fumbles on his first ever carry. Moss fumbles later on. It's hard to win games if you turn it over 4 times.

Cool is in pretty good company with fumbles on his first carry...

LT, CMc and some other really good players I heard them say also did that as well.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.