Two Ex Bills (Hughes & Howard) Were the Stars of the Texans Tie with the Colts

RoyBatty is alive

8 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Primetime Thursday night game Vs maybe the best OL in the league.  2 more sacks for Jerry-  7 on the season.

1 sack behind Parsons.  1.5 sack behind Bosa.  1 more sack than Von Miller.  

Yeah…..he’s toast alright.  Boogie Basham and Aj are better.  🤣  Suuuure. 

Jerry isn’t playing on a rookie contract. It’s that simple, really. 

• Agree 5

7 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Primetime Thursday night game Vs maybe the best OL in the league.  2 more sacks for Jerry-  7 on the season.

Definitely getting home a little bit more effectively than he has.  He's always had the pressure numbers though.  

I'm happy for Jerry. He was a great member of the Bills for years. He had some stupid penalties at times, and had trouble actually getting home for the sack when we needed it most, but he was always up there in pressure rates. He's having a bit of a revival in Houston. Good for him. We needed to look to the future and see what we had in the younger guys. That's what we are doing. He would be a nice rotational piece if we still had him, but they wanted to use the $$$ elsewhere. I'm not disappointed he's gone. Our DL has definitely been upgraded versus last year. It's a win for both the Bills and Hughes, except Jerry's team isn't winning. 

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

I definitely would have rather had Jerry than AJ. He’s a bust. He has a couple good plays every year that give us hope then he goes incognito for the rest of the year. 

10 minutes ago, MarkyMannn said:

OR Rousseau could be on the bench, or getting much fewer snaps. Greg R is the future

With the rotation we have at DL. We would be fine 

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Hughes>AJ/Boogie. Von and Jerry would've caused havoc in pass rush situations. With Groot and Phillips pushing the interior. 

• Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Ford, Epenesa, and Moss are massive busts.  Too soon to say about Basham. Every GM misses. Just odd that Benae has missed in the second and third round and has had better success in the later rounds. 

Oh come on massive busts let’s not exaggerate here

Epenesa is in a rotation and has had his moments

Ford got traded to another team I could be wrong on that And is starting for them

Moss Just got traded

Massive busts don’t have trade value

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Ford, Epenesa, and Moss are massive busts.  Too soon to say about Basham. Every GM misses. Just odd that Benae has missed in the second and third round and has had better success in the later rounds. 

Beane could've made better "business decisions"😎

Edited by Solomon Grundy

14 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Epenesa is a bust?

48 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Contracts and other factors are overlooked by many

No they aren’t overlooked.  I realize why he’s not here- money.  I’ve stated that a million times.  As has everyone else that still shows him support.  

The bottom line is- Beane is in control of how he wants to allocate his cap as well as how much cap he wants to kick down the road in order to win now.  We could’ve paid Jerry 4M a year. We didn’t have to keep Matakavich. He chose a ST player over a proven pass rusher. He chose not to restructure some contracts in order to make the room.  

I 💯 understand his his decision not to bring him back.  He invested 2nd rd picks in Basham and epenesa and Jerry being here would keep them on the bench.  He’s hoping that they flourish with more snaps.  he also didn’t want to kick more cap down the road.  

i just think he would’ve thrived opposite von and Rousseau.  This would’ve been the first opportunity to rush opposite a legit bookend since Mario left.  Rousseau was just a baby last year.  Seems to me he was always a split second late to the qb partly because the QB only had to worry about him.  

I’d take Jerry over Matakavich every day of the week.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.