Two Ex Bills (Hughes & Howard) Were the Stars of the Texans Tie with the Colts

RoyBatty is alive

16 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Whatā€™s going on in Indy is not all of Franks fault. Luck retiring really ***** up his plans. Although he shouldā€™ve talked Rivers into playing 1 more year instead of trading for Wentz.

I think Rivers basically offered to come back another year didnā€™t he ?

Anyway, I agree. Ā The old fart made me sweat that last game.

50 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

So then Isiaih Hodges is not an ex bill by your standard.

Ā 

3 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Ā 

Why? Hodgins played real games for the Bills.

Ā 

You make a good point though @RoyBatty is alive. I'll modify my statement to those who are either on the 53-man roster or on the practice squad at any point during the regular season.

Ā 

Howard was none of those things.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Ā 

Ā 

You make a good point though @RoyBatty is alive. I'll modify my statement to those who are either on the 53-man roster or on the practice squad at any point during the regular season.

Ā 

Howard was none of those things.

it's a hard rule to draw a line about. i mean, if you were on the 90 man roster, like OJ were you an ex Bill? what if you were named Elizabeth Bill and married a man named John Sawyer. Would you be an ex Bill then? I know I am a Jeff and I was never an ex Bill. I may one day be a Bill but I am not one currently.

3 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Ford, Epenesa, and Moss are massive busts.Ā  Too soon to say about Basham. Every GM misses. Just odd that Benae has missed in the second and third round and has had better success in the later rounds.Ā 

I think there's enough data to indicate a trend. I gotta theory.

Ā 

These were players with higher floor, lower ceilings, already considered consistent/ polished up.

Ā 

I think Beanes chased the athletic freaks that are a bit more raw in the 1st and then day 3 picks the most. Day 2 has been a lot of boring unsexy picks. We've got a great coaching Staff that's coached these guys up.

Ā 

I say from here out we throw caution to the wind in every round amd swing like McGwire summer '98!!!

37 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Ā 

Why? Hodgins played real games for the Bills.

Even if he hadn't a guy with multiple training camps and PS seasons feels like an ex Bill

2 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Whatā€™s going on in Indy is not all of Franks fault. Luck retiring really ***** up his plans. Although he shouldā€™ve talked Rivers into playing 1 more year instead of trading for Wentz.

Luck has been gone for 4 years. Ā Wentz and Ryan were predictably awful moves. Ā 
Ā 

If Frank was part of that decision he needs to go. Ā If he wasnā€™t and his opinion means nothing to the team, he needs to go

18 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Luck has been gone for 4 years. Ā Wentz and Ryan were predictably awful moves. Ā 
Ā 

If Frank was part of that decision he needs to go. Ā If he wasnā€™t and his opinion means nothing to the team, he needs to go

Exactly. First year is a wash. Luck retired during TC. No time to do anything but roll with Brisset. Rivers worked but it was at best a two year solution. Wentz was a gamble but one that could have paid off. Ryan, he was done. Falcons knew it, most NFL fans knew it. Reich still did itĀ 

5 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Exactly. First year is a wash. Luck retired during TC. No time to do anything but roll with Brisset. Rivers worked but it was at best a two year solution. Wentz was a gamble but one that could have paid off. Ryan, he was done. Falcons knew it, most NFL fans knew it. Reich still did itĀ 

What QB should have they gotten lol

18 minutes ago, FireChans said:

What QB should have they gotten lol

Ā 

Ā 

Might as well have suited up Cam Newton lol.

Ā 

As it is, the Colts are spending 42 miilion (15 for Wentz's hit and the rest for Ryan) this year to have Sam Ehlinger as their chosen starter midway through the season.Ā  Might as well have kept Wentz.Ā Ā 

Ā 

These are dumbass decisions.Ā  Frank's been there for all of them.Ā  He's deadwood.

20 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Ā 

At the end of the 2020 season, the Colts had a really strong roster; the only reason the Bills beat them in the wildcard game is that we had Josh Allen and they had Philip Rivers (even though Rivers played well in that game). Their decline can be traced directly to giving up a first round draft pick for Carson Wentz, who was literally the worst starting QB in the league in 2020. Ā The Ryan deal was not as bad, but still more of the same. Ā And yes, Reich absolutely deserves a lot of the blame.

20 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Ā 

Ā 

Yea. Frank is a big part of the issue. Forget the QB decisions (which we know he had a major hand in for a moment) and look how many games they lose to teams with less talent than them. It's way too many. Good guy. Great OC and not an awful Head Coach. But 5 seasons, no division titles, 2 playoff appearances, one playoff win (his first year). Unless they recover enough to make the playoffs this year he should be out.Ā 

Ā 

EDIT: the only argument I can see for keeping him is that the talent pool of assistant coaches you could promote is so hollowed out. I mean Sean Payton is out there but he can't fill 5 or 6 openings! I wonder if Jim Harbaugh might fancy the Colts job?

Edited by GunnerBill

4 hours ago, mannc said:

At the end of the 2020 season, the Colts had a really strong roster; the only reason the Bills beat them in the wildcard game is that we had Josh Allen and they had Philip Rivers (even though Rivers played well in that game). Their decline can be traced directly to giving up a first round draft pick for Carson Wentz, who was literally the worst starting QB in the league in 2020. Ā The Ryan deal was not as bad, but still more of the same. Ā And yes, Reich absolutely deserves a lot of the blame.

Ā 

Their decline can be traced directly to giving up the 18th pick........So they could have taken Pickett?Ā  Yeah, that wasn't it...

Ā 

The Ryan deal was awful.Ā  They are paying him to be the 3rd string QB in his first season of the deal.Ā  Sooooo dumb.

Ā 

Pittman and Taylor are a decent 1/2 punch, but even with Rivers having a solid season (as good as Luck was likely to have), they couldn't beat an imperfect Bills team.Ā  The Colts weren't going anywhere interesting no matter what.Ā  Ā The need to clean house.Ā  That's a moribund franchise.

Ā 

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Ā 

Yea. Frank is a big part of the issue. Forget the QB decisions (which we know he had a major hand in for a moment) and look how many games they lose to teams with less talent than them. It's way too many. Good guy. Great OC and not an awful Head Coach. But 5 seasons, no division titles, 2 playoff appearances, one playoff win (his first year). Unless they recover enough to make the playoffs this year he should be out.Ā 

Ā 

EDIT: the only argument I can see for keeping him is that the talent pool of assistant coaches you could promote is so hollowed out. I mean Sean Payton is out there but he can't fill 5 or 6 openings! I wonder if Jim Harbaugh might fancy the Colts job?

Ā 

I don't see Payton going there with that QB situation.Ā 

Ā 

Ditto Harbaugh---unless he plans on suiting up at QB...

Ā 

11 hours ago, CoudyBills said:

Maybe draft one over the last 3 years.

Which one?

Ā 

10 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Instead of Ryan? Draft one or roll with Wentz for another year while drafting another option. Ryan is was never a good option and to give up a 3rd for him to play 8 games is a horrible, predictable decisionĀ 

Which one

1 hour ago, CoudyBills said:

Not my job.Ā  It was their job, and the reason they'll be fired.

Yeah if I was them, I would say, ā€œwe could have drafted Jalen Hurts three years ago but we just traded for Rivers. Every other QB has also sucked that was available. Thank you.ā€

4 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Yeah if I was them, I would say, ā€œwe could have drafted Jalen Hurts three years ago but we just traded for Rivers. Every other QB has also sucked that was available. Thank you.ā€

Theyā€™d laugh at you and youā€™d still be fired. Ā But at least you got that final haymaker in thereā€¦. Theyā€™d be reeling from that one. Ā šŸ¤£Ā 

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.