Nathan Peterman cut by Bears

I'm Spartacus

7 hours ago, Bills2022 said:

Peterman is not an NFL starter, BUT he is better than he showed with the Bills.  He threw a beautiful ball to Benjamin in the San Diego game. Benjamin made a great catch and got hurt. After that he was throwing to a bunch of awful receivers that could not get ANY separation. His first interception was DiMarco's fault too. Ball went right through his hands.

I think he is backup on a bad team or a practice squad player.  Man, the Bills were terrible when he was here.

Why is he “better than what he showed?” That’s EXACTLY who he is. He had an opportunity to “show” who he was and played the worst football a QB has ever played. 

AA23952A-94BE-4786-B05F-ED18BA7FED8C.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Why is he “better than what he showed?” That’s EXACTLY who he is. He had an opportunity to “show” who he was and played the worst football a QB has ever played. 

AA23952A-94BE-4786-B05F-ED18BA7FED8C.jpeg

Peterman just needs time to hone his craft as per the apologists.   A few more years of staying on a team or PS should be enough.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, prissythecat said:

Peterman just needs time to hone his craft as per the apologists.   A few more years of staying on a team or PS should be enough.

Maybe he should try XFL or CFL.

5 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Nate Peterman will go into coaching, no doubt in my mind there. 

More likely NFLPA. He is their type of quality.

14 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

He told us only Jesus can judge him. But the reality is that NFL GMs have judged him mutliple times. And he sucks.

Nah. He is hot garbage.

Thanks.  Another anonymous internet poster who knows more about talent evaluation than professional GM's.  Peterman has been in the league now for FIVE years.  He will be making close to $400K this year playing football for the Bears.  If only Peterman and the GM's that keep signing him were as smart as you. $400K on an NFL roster.  Year FIVE.  Good thing Peterman doesn't listen to internet posters.

Your take is garbage. 

Edited by Bills2022
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

Thanks.  Another anonymous internet poster who knows more about talent evaluation than professional GM's.  Peterman has been in the league now for FIVE years.  He will be making close to $400K this year playing football for the Bears.  If only Peterman and the GM's that keep signing him were as smart as you. $400K on an NFL roster.  Year FIVE.  Good thing Peterman doesn't listen to internet posters.

Your take is garbage. 

Please look at Gunner’s PRE-DRAFT evaluation of Peterman and you’ll find that’s EXACTLY what he thought before he entered the league. Gunner was right. He’s statistically the worst QB ever. The GMs were wrong in this case. That’s not the tree to bark up…

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

Thanks.  Another anonymous internet poster who knows more about talent evaluation than professional GM's. 

Your take is garbage. 

I haven't seen such an egregious take as this since many thought NPeterman was an NFL starting caliber quarterback. 🤔

8 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

You're giving him too much credit... he is cold garbage

Another internet poster who knows it all.  Thankfully Peterman and NFL GM's don't listen to anything you people say. 😀 

Peterman is still in the league in year FIVE.   He will make close to $400K this year.  Sorry the facts don't fit your narrative. 

Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions,

they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. -John Adams

Edited by Bills2022
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, boater said:

I just ran an annuity calculator. If he was frugal with his NFL pay he could withdraw 5 figures a month for the rest of his life. Hardly a pauper.

True, but he will be making $400K this year and my guess is he will be making $400K plus a year as a practice squad QB for a long time.  Won't be shocked to see him even pop up as the QB2 occasionally.  Guy is perfect fit for young QB's.  He is smart and they are not looking over their shoulder 24-7.  Very popular guy in QB rooms.  Just like Barkley.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

Another internet poster who knows it all.  Thankfully Peterman and NFL GM's don't listen to anything you people say. 😀 

Peterman is still in the league in year FIVE.   He will make close to $400K this year.  Sorry the facts don't fit your narrative. 

Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions,

they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. -John Adams

Robert Foster had Sky Diver.  Nathan Peterman has Bills2022.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Robert Foster had Sky Diver.  Nathan Peterman has Bills2022.

Nathan Peterman actually has a stack of cash too. Guy has earned over $5,000,000 playing in the NFL for 5 years.  That is a million dollars a year right out of college.  Not too shabby.  😀

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bills2022 said:

Your take is garbage. 

Nate is that you?

• Haha (+1) 2

Your take is garbage. 

Oh my goodness,  hit a nerve huh ??

• Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

This is odd, right? Someone has decided, “I need to defend the honor of THE WORST QB IN NFL HISTORY.” It’s so odd. That’s a weird hill to die on. If someone died on the Fitz or Tyrod hill, I wouldn’t agree but, fine. There were some good moments. Nate stole $4.8M and played worse than anyone ever. That’s a strange guy to love.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Nope. He is a player that has been in the NFL for FIVE years and made over $5,000,000.  That is all I need to know.  Sort of like a guy on the PGA tour that never wins but is a professional golfer making a living.  If you are a professional athlete in any major sport and you are in the FIFTH year in that sport, you have to be good at what you do.  They don't give these jobs away.  

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

Nope. He is a player that has been in the NFL for FIVE years and made over $5,000,000.  That is all I need to know.  Sort of like a guy on the PGA tour that never wins but is a professional golfer making a living.  If you are a professional athlete in any major sport and you are in the FIFTH year in that sport, you have to be good at what you do.  They don't give these jobs away.  

He made just under $4.8M. If you’re going to continue to defend this scrub, I’m going to fact check EVERYTHING that you say regarding him.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Putin said:

And yet he probably made more money then a doctor 

Sure… see Paris Hilton.  Some people just get lucky. he probably never should have been drafted, but if you can luck into it and get on tape, build relationships with coaches you can stick around and make bank! 

I certainly don’t blame anyone for milking it as long as they can. 

But if you ever find yourself going into surgery with the Nate peterman of doctors you’re *****. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Making 4.8 M total by year 5 is more like the definition of a fringe player isn't it?   For perspective, the average annual NFL salary is 2.8 M.  So the guy you are saying is "good" is actually making way less than average salary...

3 hours ago, Bills2022 said:

I think you may want to repeat yourself again Nate, you know, in case anybody missed it the 1st million times!

• Haha (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

I think you may want to repeat yourself again Nate, you know, in case anybody missed it the 1st million times!

https://chicago.suntimes.com/bears/2022/8/31/23331431/bears-assemble-practice-squad-nathan-peterman-trevon-coley-thomas-graham-micah-dew-treadway-nsimba

Nate makes the Practice Squad. 😀 💲 💲💲

1415705148.jpg

• Vomit 1

On 8/31/2022 at 6:04 PM, Bills2022 said:

Why do you keep capitalizing ‘five’ like it’s so important?

Imagine defending/celebrating Peterman’s career? That guy EMBARASSED our beloved franchise. He got a job because he was a nice guy. The ONLY people that defend Nate are the ones that wanted him to start. Instead of saying, “I was wrong. That was a mistake.” They pretend that it was a good decision and that the guy could play.

Is there anyone worse than the person that can’t admit when they’re wrong? This one isn’t “debatable.” Just take the “L” and move along. Peterman was a mistake. People that wanted him were dumb before he went on the field. There are still apparently a few band members on the Titanic, playing their cellos, as the ship sits on the bottom of the ocean. I jumped on a lifeboat as soon as I heard “Peterman is starting vs. the Chargers.” I was right.

There are some funny stats in here regarding Peterman. If Rodgers threw 1240 straight interceptions he would still have a better TD:INT ratio than Peterman. For some perspective, that would be every pass for 37 consecutive games 😂😂!! 

https://dailysnark.com/2018/11/13/nathan-peterman-finishes-with-worse-qb-rating-than-if-he-just-spiked-ball-into-ground-every-play-of-his-career/

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Imagine defending/celebrating Peterman’s career? That guy EMBARASSED our beloved franchise. He got a job because he was a nice guy. The ONLY people that defend Nate are the ones that wanted him to start. Instead of saying, “I was wrong. That was a mistake.” They pretend that it was a good decision and that the guy could play.

Is there anyone worse than the person that can’t admit when they’re wrong? This one isn’t “debatable.” Just take the “L” and move along. Peterman was a mistak. People that wanted him were dumb before he went on the field. There are still apparently a few band members on the Titanic, playing their cellos, as the ship sits on the bottom of the ocean. I jumped on a lifeboat as soon as I heard “Peterman is starting vs. the Chargers.” I was right.

There are some funny stats in here regarding Peterman. If Rodgers threw 1250 straight interceptions he would still have a better TD:INT ratio than Peterman. For some perspective, that would be every pass for 37 consecutive games 😂😂!! 

https://dailysnark.com/2018/11/13/nathan-peterman-finishes-with-worse-qb-rating-than-if-he-just-spiked-ball-into-ground-every-play-of-his-career/

"Nathan Peterman is statistically the worst quarterback to play in the NFL post-merger. That’s all you need to know, but the stats are even funnier.

Aaron Rodgers could throw 1,240 consecutive interceptions on 1,240 straight pass attempts and still have a better career TD to INT ratio than Nathan Peterman.

Nathan Peterman once threw 3 interceptions and zero touchdowns in a game and his passer rating went up from 20.8 to 30.7. Nathan Peterman finishes his tenure with the Bills with a lower QB rating than if he simply spiked the ball straight into the ground on every play of his career."

And this is what I was alluding to when I asked the question, is it worth $5 million to have this sort of egg on your face?

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.