Full Chris Simms Visit with Josh Allen

Giuseppe Tognarelli

I'm assuming this is what they'll be taking tid bits from for the pregame show next week. Really cool look into multiple topics. 

-In depth talk about Josh's mechanics.

-His approach to wr option routes in which simms says he's never heard of before.

-How many times a game he truly unleashes his arm and when he figured out he needed to pick and choose when to do it.

-Really cool talk about his approach to scramble/broken plays.

-When Mcdermott ultimately tossed him the keys to the car.

Its fairly long at 33 minutes but once it got rolling it was real easy to sit through. I highly recommend.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 8

Super interesting.  Best content of the pre-season.

Josh is always good, but Chris really brought up good questions and led the interview well.  He might not have been a good QB, but the fact that he was a QB in the NFL gave him some insight to get the most out of Josh.  FWIW he was also the first national guy that I recognized getting on the Josh Allen Train.

Definitely worth a watch.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

Saw this earlier today. It's great. I like Simms a lot and these kind of interviews are far more interesting than appearances on things like Cowherd. 

I think the fact that he's interviewing him while throwing the ball back and forth probably helps with a more natural talk, instead of just sitting there across a desk or looking at a screen

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, wjag said:

His discussion of his release point, spirals in the wind and preferring to throw against the wind were interesting to me.

It also explains a ton about his overthrows with the wind at his back. Imagine a new stadium where the swirling wings are toned down.

5 hours ago, HansLanda said:

Allen doesn't really lift with his upper body. Kinda crazy, but I get it. He does get leg day in though.

I don't think he told the whole story about how he trains upper body.  I don't think you have the arm strength to grab an NFL LB by the face mask and take them down one handed or pull a LB out of bounds with you, if you aren't doing some form of upper body strength training.  

I know we got some guys on here who are fitness trainers - some kind of functional strength or plyometric training?  Low weight, high rep free weights?

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.