Bills cuts

Chandler#81

7 minutes ago, Process said:

I know there is a reason for this but can't remember what it is. In this example why don't they just put him on IR today and than not have to cut the K?

Because if you put them on IR before the final 53 - they are out for the season and cannot be activated.

If they are on the 53 - then can then go to IR and get reactivated as needed.

19 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

The Chiefs defense was most obviously their weakest link throughout most of the season… Mahomes sucked in the 2nd half of that game. 

By contrast, the Bills defense was #1 in the league last season and have continued to use a favorable amount of resources into it compared to their offense…. Specifically their defensive line.

I remember you were ripping Beane for not signing a big time DL free agent.  Last year you specifically stated Beane missed out on Hendrickson and Yannick...mentioned it several times.

This year, Beane does what you wanted and now you're complaining about putting favorable amount of resources into the DL?

You're acting like our offense is a weak link.  We were 3rd in scoring and that's with us blowing so many teams out where we took the starters out in the second half.  We had the largest margin of victory in the NFL and beat almost every team by more than 2 scores.  

So we give up 42 to the Chiefs and you think "We need more offense.  That's the only way to beat the Chiefs."

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 7

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

I remember you were ripping Beane for not signing a big time DL free agent.  Last year you specifically stated Beane missed out on Hendrickson and Yannick...mentioned it several times.

This year, Beane does what you wanted and now you're complaining about putting favorable amount of resources into the DL?

You're acting like our offense is a weak link.  We were 3rd in scoring and that's with us blowing so many teams out where we took the starters out in the second half.  We had the largest margin of victory in the NFL and beat almost every team by more than 2 scores.  

So we give up 42 to the Chiefs and you think "We need more offense.  That's the only way to beat the Chiefs."

They don't make a "like" button strong enough for this comment right here.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Gotta drop another then on the OL. I would be for it either way. As I look at the league wide cuts his is the first name I seriously said yes I will take him. 

times have changed when in years past I could name 10 cuts that could be important players for the Bills that year. 

I'm A-ok with that. I don't like our OLine depth outside of Q and Mancz

3 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Wasn’t this early in the 4th quarter? 

Yeah under 10 mins left.  The rams ended up kicking the game tying FG on the drive.  The rams had no timeouts and the niners with the ball.  An int wouldn’t have ended the game but it would’ve changed the win probability dramatically.  They would’ve had to score a TD (which they had problems doing vs that D) to end the game or fg to go to OT.  

23 minutes ago, FLFan said:

Yes, but if you can make an argument it was due to depth at WR or TE, let’s hear it.  The misfires on offense had more to do with limited weapons at RB and poor OL play, combined with outright stubbornness of Brian Daboll at times.  In my opinion, the Bills have addressed the most problematic areas, upgrading the OL, and upgrading the OL coaching significantly.  Cook addresses a very specific problem quite nicely.  I think the offense has more options than a year ago, and let’s face facts:  neither Beasley or Sanders are in the NFL at this point, so their loss is not exactly earth shattering.  Yes, it remains to be seen if they have done enough, but It is not reasonable to say they have failed to address issues on offense.  They have. 

I do do wish the Howard thing would have worked, but given his play since the injury, this result is not surprising.  

Depth at tight end played a part in the Jacksonville game where we started Sweeney. Can't recall if he started other losses but he sucked that day in Jax. 

I agree most of it last year was on oline not on weapons. I am less convinced than you that they have "solved" the issues up there but it should be better to some extent. 

The point on WR depth is last year I thought we had 3 good players for 2 spots outside and 2 good players for 1 spot inside. This year I feel really good about the slot depth.... I am not sold at all we have depth outside. 

I also just disagree with you on Daboll. 

8 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Why do people care about what Scott (y doesn’t know) Law thinks?  Can’t believe the amount of posters that take the bait.

Just now, ILBillsfan said:

Who is this guy??

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, Process said:

I know there is a reason for this but can't remember what it is. In this example why don't they just put him on IR today and than not have to cut the K?

Because if you put him on IR today, he's done for the season. If you wait until tomorrow before you place him on IR, he's eligible to return.

6 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Pass rush was an issue and was addressed with Miller signing and hopefully Rousseau gets better.

For me the issue on offense is just the unknowns. We don't know if Dorsey will be better, the same, or worse than Daboll. We don't know if Davis can step in and be a full time #2. And we don't know who will give the Bills 82 receptions out of the slot.  Cook seems like a nice change of pace guy and if White was healthy they probably take OT or WR instead of Elam. Bates and Brown are still question marks on the OL but full of promise. 

Let's start playing the real games. Allen is good enough to win it all. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Depth at tight end played a part in the Jacksonville game where we started Sweeney. Can't recall if he started other losses but he sucked that day in Jax. 

I agree most of it last year was on oline not on weapons. I am less convinced than you that they have "solved" the issues up there but it should be better to some extent. 

The point on WR depth is last year I thought we had 3 good players for 2 spots outside and 2 good players for 1 spot inside. This year I feel really good about the slot depth.... I am not sold at all we have depth outside. 

I also just disagree with you on Daboll. 

We run a lot of formations with two wr spots inside and one outside. And also use our TE's and our rb's outside a lot in formations that have 2 outside wrs. 

I thought Shakir was a perfect wr for this team, since he's 6' 195lbs frame serves him well inside and out.

He's a bigger target than Manny Sands for sure.

I do wish we had a #5 or #6 wr with Kumerow or Hodgins size that was more of a threat. But if they were, they probably wouldn't be wr 5 or 6.

Edited by Motorin'

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I agree. But ifs and buts don't butter parsnips. I get that there are other variables, I don't deny that. But you can't deny some of their roster weaknesses showed up. And it is a game of chicken... because you can't be perfect anywhere. But the Rams found a way. They did enough. 

They did enough.  But it doesn’t change the fact that what they did in the offseason isn’t the only reason they won the SB.  If we win the coin toss vs the chiefs, it’s my belief that the rams wouldn’t have won the super bowl, leaving them “not doing enough”.  Front offices can only do so much.  Players performances, coaches, refs, luck, weather etc all play major roles.  

You say that if the FO addressed the OL differently last offseason than we would’ve been the #1 seed.  If we would’ve addressed the OL differently, we would’ve had to use resources we used in other areas to address it, which may have set us back in other areas and caused us to lose different games in different ways.  

if the weather was good in pats vs bills game 1 last season, we would’ve been #1 seed.  

I think multiple teams are capable of winning the SB in most years based on what their FO did in the offseason.  Some teams aren’t capable based on what their FO did.  Last year, we were capable (as were other teams imo).  

agree to disagree.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Motorin' said:

We run a lot of formations with two wr spots inside and one outside. And also use our TE's and our rb's outside a lot in formations that have 2 outside wrs. 

I thought Shakir was a perfect wr for this team, since he's 6' 195lbs frame serves him well inside and out.

He's a bigger target than Manny Sands for sure.

I do wish we had a #5 or #6 wr with Kumerow or Hodgins size that was more of a threat. But if they were, they probably wouldn't be wr 5 or 6.

Shakir is perfect for this team if that is how you are using him - a slot guy you can move around the formation in different looks. If one of the outside guys goes down and he is playing 75% of the snaps outside? Yea, I like that a lot less

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.