Matt Araiza accused of rape, served with a lawsuit.

bill8164

Just now, Kmart128 said:

Because they said they did a thorough investigation... and the girls lawyer said the Bills knew about it for awhile

No way. The front office isn't deep investigating a 6th round draft choice. They deep investigate potential 1st rounders, and that is it.

I was ready to make a 'Fire Beane he cant scout" joke but in all seriousness, a girl was raped and brutally abused. Whether it involved one of our players, should be secondary. If she turns out to be lying then it's a different story but right now I hope she's ok and if this is all true, that she gets justice and as important, closure.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, boater said:

No way. The front office isn't deep investigating a 6th round draft choice. They deep investigate potential 1st rounders, and that is it.

His agent likely would have known his name was in an accusation pre draft.  Would have provided the evidence they have of his innocence. If the bills were surprised by this he’d have been cut immediately. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

You’re the 2nd person to comment about this general statement. I was responding to a statement about how Araiza brought her to his friends for their turn. It’s common behavior. It’s sickening and gets covered up everyday.

That's white trash/hood stuff. I've never seen it happen at middle class parties growing up.

With young girls it's tricky. She may have been fine hooking up with Ariaza but then it got out of control. Maybe it was the alcohol or maybe she just didn't have the assertiveness to speak up. 

Or the other common story. She was drunk and she had sex with all of them consensually. The next morning she realized what it meant for her reputation and cried rape. 

My guess is that it's the former. In which case, Araiza is a scumbag. But I'll hold off on judgement. Look up Cummingham in the NBA about why you NEVER immediately believe an accuser of wealthy athletes before letting the whole story come out. Sociopaths exist and 50% of them are female. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Because they issued a statement saying "we recently learned......we did our own investigation and as of the nature of this situation are not issuing any comment."

Don't you think if they just learned about this they'd currently ..... be saying nothing about their own investigation?  .

Plus, this was REPORTED in late July.  This wasn't asked of Araiza since?  

No one thought hey, we may need to ask Matt if he was aware of this?

You have changed the wording of their statement. From the Rochester D&C:

“We were recently made aware of a civil complaint involving Matt from October 2021,” the Bills said in a statement released Thursday night. “Due to the serious nature of the complaint, we conducted a thorough examination of this matter. As this is an ongoing civil case legal, we will have no other comment at this point.”

EDIT: The lawsuit was also filed this week.

Edited by Rocky Landing

Just now, ToGoGo said:

That's white trash/hood stuff. I've never seen it happen at middle class parties growing up.

With young girls it's tricky. She may have been fine hooking up with Ariaza but then it got out of control. Maybe it was the alcohol or maybe she just didn't have the assertiveness to speak up. 

Or the other common story. She was drunk and she had sex with all of them consensually. The next morning she realized what it meant for her reputation and cried rape. 

My guess is that it's the former. In which case, Araiza is a scumbag. But I'll hold off on judgement. Look up Cummingham in the NBA about why you NEVER immediately believe an accuser of wealthy athletes before letting the whole story come out. Sociopaths exist and 50% of them are female. 

LOL what?

Are people still so sheltered in the year 2022 that they are unaware this sort of behavior is disgustingly common, and that just because you didn't ever see it happen with your own eyes doesn't mean that your experience is everyone else's truth?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, Taro Nimbus said:

Well, seeing this supposedly happened, if it did, before he was drafted, the league cant do anything to him.  The Bills could cut him if they wished to.   Lets just see what happens in court first.

That's not true.  Terrell Prior was suspended for stuff he did in college: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/7040047/nfl-upholds-terrelle-pryor-5-game-ban-cites-integrity

2 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

have you paid attention to the team Canada hockey scandals going on? This is a real common occurrence. Heck look at dk metcalf trying to get a four way going with him as only guy. 

If there is anything I am sure of, it’s that the Bills just found out about this within the last day or 2. Beane and McD aren’t going to burn down what they’ve built on a freaking punter. And they literally just had him in front if the media next to Josh 2 days ago. McD was just joking around about him this week on pardon my take. That’s completely opposite of everything else we’ve seen from them for 6 years if they knew anything about this. 

whether they or someone else who reports to them ***** up and they SHOULD have known at some point earlier is another story. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 8