Matt Araiza accused of rape, served with a lawsuit.

bill8164

Just now, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

Who cares, distraction city.  Cut him. 

Great, cut everyone who gets accused of something whether guilty or not guilty. Wonder if the same would be said by the majority if this was about Josh?

I do stick by my previous comment, though, that I would prefer him not to turn out for us until this sorted. Best solution would be if we can get him placed on the exempt list.

5 minutes ago, extrahammer said:

I really can't fathom posting your client's journal on Twitter before a case has even begun. This is extraordinarily unprofessional. And yet, it may end up being effective in forcing the legal systems hand to actually look at filing he charges...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

I really can't fathom posting your client's journal on Twitter before a case has even begun. This is extraordinarily unprofessional. And yet, it may end up being effective in forcing the legal systems hand to actually look at filing he charges...

Fun fact, this lawyer also took Jan Levinson on as a client against Dunder Mifflin. 

Common tactic. 

Edited by SCBills

Her lawyer is borderline unhinged 

Like I said, it needs to play out and facts come to the surface....but that doesn't mean we can't suspect guilt or innocence....

And currently I suspect they have nothing...just a desire for money from Araiza and the Bills know it to.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

It’s because he’s admitting they had sex. At the very least. 

No he didnt. He was asked if they had sex and he said he doesnt remember anything from that night... 

Just cause you recommend she get tested after being raped by multiple guys does not mean that he is saying he was ome who had sex with her...

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

The Browns rewarded Watson with a $230 million dollar guaranteed contract after 24 civil cases against him.  There is a difference.

This news broke about 14-15 hours ago and we are still waiting on the facts....from one person.

This news broke way longer than hours ago. It's been out there for a few months. 

I read an article about this story in July because a random post on twitter linked a LA Times article with a Matt Araiza hashtag.

I was surprised it didn't get mentioned here sooner.

3 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Insulting the cops publicly seems unwise.

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Great, cut everyone who gets accused of something whether guilty or not guilty. Wonder if the same would be said by the majority if this was about Josh?

I do stick by my previous comment, though, that I would prefer him not to turn out for us until this sorted. Best solution would be if we can get him placed on the exempt list.

They can't exempt him as it occurred in college.

I say cut him.  If he's innocent, perhaps he can find another punting job down the line, its not like us cutting him is the end all be all of his career anyway.  Just a huge distraction right before the season starts.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 3

53 minutes ago, Eastside Oasis said:

She was 17.  If the rape kit has his DNA, he's going to get charged with a felony.  The police, however, will not release the result of the potential victim's rape kit to her.  WTF?

So tell me, how long do you think it takes to get the results of a rape kit? 9 months?

Have to say, this is a new one on me, where the prosecution basically posts all of it’s evidence on Twitter. I’m not hot on US law but I’m pretty sure in the U.K. it’s open up a risk of a mistrial and the defence arguing their client won’t get a fair trial if put in front of a jury.

Though, in that case, a trial could go ahead with a judge alone deciding, I guess.

Edited by UKBillFan

21 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

Whether her actions are truly altruistic or she is looking for monetary damages to 'make her whole' is something known only to her. 

Or maybe both of those feelings/motives might be applicable and perhaps quite reasonable, no?

Edited by Bill from NYC

Just now, UKBillFan said:

Have to say, this is a new one on me, where the prosecution basically posts all of it’s evidence on Twitter. I’m not hot on US late but I’m pretty sure in the U.K. it’s open up a risk of a mistrial and the defence arguing their client won’t get a fair trial if put in front of a jury.

Though, in that case, a trial could go ahead with a judge alone deciding.

AND then the victim's attorney is saying if he gets off, it's because of sloppy SDPD police work! WTF! 

Rape is obviously a very serious charge.

If guilty, Matt Araiza should spend the rest of his life behind bars. 

With that said, I find it very disturbing how quickly some of you would cut a 22-year-old kid and end his career.

It's not disrespectful to women to wait for the facts.  We should also reject the idea that it's somehow more righteous to automatically believe every claimed victim, and impulsively throw the accused to the wolves.  That's not justice either.

Personally, I'm glad the Bills officials are willing to let the situation play-out before making a decision on Araiza.  Any player in that locker room could be falsely accused of something criminal.  If it happened to Josh Allen, I have a feeling the opinions amongst Bills Mafia would be a little more reserved.  There would likely be a little more patience in waiting for the truth.  Since we are just talking about the punter, fans think it's OK to just toss him under the bus.  The Bills often claim a "family-like" atmosphere amongst the team, and that kind of attitude could be just as damaging to player morale.  

I'm confident that if Araiza's guilt becomes more clear and apparent, the Bills will make the right decision.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5

Just now, ExiledInIllinois said:

AND then the victim's attorney is saying if he gets off, it's because of sloppy SDPD police work! WTF! 

And also claiming two previous people who allegedly committed rape were guilty despite either charges never being brought or being found not guilty at trial.

It says it all when attorneys do not accept the binding edict of law, which is innocent until proven guilty.

• Agree 2