Bills -Broncos Post Game Thread Week 2 Preseason

muppy

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Does James Cook remind anyone of Cj spiller? I had a guy at work last year say if only we could put 2012 CJ Spiller in this offense. Maybe they did.

Hits the hole better than Spiller.  Not too much dancing.

• Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

I’ve seen enough, the Bills are a Super Bowl ready team. McBeane faces some very tough decisions in terms of cuts. Lots of our 4th/5th stringers could absolutely make other teams active 53 man rosters.

This is the best Bills roster I’ve ever seen in my entire life and I was born in 87. I feel strongly that this Bills team would crush all of the teams from our back-to-back Super Bowl losses.

Some of those SB teams when you were in short pants were pretty damned good.  Is this team good.....damned right they are.....are they the best.....uh no.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, KCNC said:

Hits the hole better than Spiller.  Not too much dancing.

He’s smoother in his cuts, definitely. Spiller bounces a lot. There was one play today Cook bounced it with speed and made the defense look slow. All I could see was CJ Spiller.

I don’t think we understand how good Spiller was in 2012. He was unstoppable.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 4

7 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

Some of those SB teams when you were in short pants were pretty damned good.  Is this team good.....damned right they are.....are they the best.....uh no.

@Victory Formation is correct, if for no other reason than game planning and strategies, training techniques and nutrition today are much better than they were in the early 90s.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Does James Cook remind anyone of Cj spiller? I had a guy at work last year say if only we could put 2012 CJ Spiller in this offense. Maybe they did.

Similar style, but more instinctive it appears.

Also, the number has to play a part in it. Just like Shakir drawing comparisons to Robert Woods and Copper Kupp

1 minute ago, Victory Formation said:

I disagree. I think that this Bills team would have gone 4-0 if they were to of played for us in the Super Bowl years.

Well we agree to disagree....if you are saying THIS team RIGHT now would be some early 90's SB teams yes I would agree.  However if said teams the Bills played against were also in the same shape as the boys now and whatnot.....well - thats why they play the games.  Plus a bunch pf HOF'ers would proally like to disagree.....

2 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

I got the Denver feed living in Colorado.  I was a little shocked at the Broncos TV crew starting the game with "What could of been" comment

while showing a picture of Josh Allen.

Could have. Not could of. Sorry I see this WAY too often.  It must be stopped!

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, sirebors said:

What are these gloves for? 

20220820_175441.jpg

The orange gloves show when the network goes to a commercial break. Typically, they hold the glove over their chest during a break and drop it to their side when the break is over. Watch the guy during a game. It’s interesting.

Unlike the above reply, the guy doesn’t run onto the field or wave his arms or anything like that. It’s just an inconspicuous way the Referee knows when to wind the clock - play clock again. Did you ever notice when the network comes back from their break and the rejoin graphics that immediately the Ref blows the whistle and drops his hand to start the play clock? Did you just think the network timed it perfectly on a stopwatch? Nope. It goes like a well-oiled machine because of the guy with the orange glove and usuall a yellow vest with an X on it.

Edited by clayboy54
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.