ESPN position rankings

TPS

ESPN posted their position rankings this morning.  The Bills placed 3rd overall, with S the only #1 ranking.  Of their rankings, I think they are off the most on the Bills' DTs, 19th. OL may be their most generous at 14.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/34385106/nfl-position-group-rankings-2022-best-worst-units-all-32-teams-including-quarterback-wide-receiver-edge-rusher

QB was ranked 4th.

Edited by TPS
  • Thank you (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, TPS said:

ESPN posted their position rankings this morning.  The Bills placed 3rd overall, with S the only #1 ranking.  Of their rankings, I think they are off the most on the Bills' DTs, 19th. OL may be their most generous at 14.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/34385106/nfl-position-group-rankings-2022-best-worst-units-all-32-teams-including-quarterback-wide-receiver-edge-rusher

QB was ranked 4th.

Wish I could read the article. It is subscription only.

• Agree 1

36 minutes ago, chongli said:

Wish I could read the article. It is subscription only.

Sorry about that.

Other position rankings not mentioned in OP for the Bills:

WR = 12  (low imho)

RB = 24

TE = 13

Edge = 9

LB = 8

CB = 8

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

I think that this says a lot about the Bills approach to team-building.  

Don't devote all of your resources into one or two specific areas at the detriment of other position groups.

Draft, develop, retain, and value depth

Have a cohesive short-term and long-term vision

Once McBeane weeded out all the baggage, you really can't say that we're weak or bottom of the league at any position groups. 

That plus a Top 5 QB, is how championships are won

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

20 minutes ago, Rubes said:

There's a pretty simple way to make your wish come true.

sarcasm to the end huh Rubes?

14 minutes ago, TPS said:

Sorry about that.

Other position rankings not mentioned in OP for the Bills:

WR = 12  (low imho)

RB = 24

TE = 13

Edge = 9

LB = 8

CB = 8

thanks Scott!

• Haha (+1) 1

OP, thank you for sharing and yeah, I’m not adding subscription after subscription as it seems endless at this point.  I appreciate the f/u post as that was appreciated.

Ive said for a long time ESPN has become a punch line, and DT especially shows how little the author knows about football.  Do they not think Oliver is going to shine with Miller next to him driving the double teams.  

It’s too bad this year had we played Tampa with an immobile QB and the pressure I expect from the DTs, Brady would’ve been on his back.

The line and the secondary are going to be fun to watch.  I know on the offense Cook, Shakir, Gabe will be fun to watch, but we may truly have against tough competition the best defense in football.  We are going to be tough to score on this year.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

Yeah not really... Bills definently have a top 10 recieving core... and if they really are ranked 12th then Josh needs to be ranked #1 for what he has done with a 12th ranked core

That’s what I was thinking. Not a single top 10 ranked offensive unit besides quarterback? Josh Allen is a one-man show. Should be number one it if that’s the case.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

12 for WR is right on the money IMO.

10 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

Name the 11 other WR groupings.  Tampa, Phins, Bengals, Rams, Raiders, Maybe Eagles,   Cardinals.  That’s it.  We’re top 10 for sure. 

26 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Diggs and Davis are both likely to hit the 1,000 mark 

I think I agree with @ScottLaw on this one. I think Allen makes it so our WRs will have the production of a top 10 group, and Im pretty confident about that. However, I dont think that is due to our recievers group being the best in the league, I think they are likely somewhere in the 9-15 range. Look at Diggs stats going from Minnesota to Buffalo. His career year was 1,130 yards and had gotten to 1000 yards 2 of his 5 seasons. He comes to the bills and starts playing with Josh Allen and those stats take a big jump. I think with any top 20 WR, Allen would be throwing for 1200+ yards to them. Diggs and Davis may both hit the 1,000 mark, but if you had an average QB throwing to them instead (think Mac Jones) maybe Diggs hits 1,000, but doubt Gabe would. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Watkins101 said:

I think I agree with @ScottLaw on this one. I think Allen makes it so our WRs will have the production of a top 10 group, and Im pretty confident about that. However, I dont think that is due to our recievers group being the best in the league, I think they are likely somewhere in the 9-15 range. Look at Diggs stats going from Minnesota to Buffalo. His career year was 1,130 yards and had gotten to 1000 yards 2 of his 5 seasons. He comes to the bills and starts playing with Josh Allen and those stats take a big jump. I think with any top 20 WR, Allen would be throwing for 1200+ yards to them. Diggs and Davis may both hit the 1,000 mark, but if you had an average QB throwing to them instead (think Mac Jones) maybe Diggs hits 1,000, but doubt Gabe would. 

Want to take a crack at naming 11 teams with better WR’s? 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

That’s what I was thinking. Not a single top 10 ranked offensive unit besides quarterback? Josh Allen is a one-man show. Should be number one it if that’s the case.

Except GB's WR and TE rankings are 30 and 29 respectively, so AR has even less to work with (GB is ranked 1 at QB). So maybe #2...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.