Patriots' offense is a disaster per The Athletic's beat reporter

Inigo Montoya

Aging, mediocre defensive roster - CHECK

Pitiful offensive weapons - CHECK

Young, unathletic, rag-armed, game managing QB just good enough to retain job for half a decade - CHECK

Past his prime septuagenarian head coach w/defensive emphasis in offense-centered league - CHECK

No Offensive Coordinator (yes, really) - CHECK

Have to face Super Bowl favorite with ascending 26 year old future HOF QB entering full supernova phase (who you haven't forced to punt in 8 quarters) twice a year - CHECK

Yeah, they have their trophies and memories, but I'd hate to be a Pats fan for the next 3-5 years.

• Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

You just hate to see it. The playoff game exposed that team for what it was. A very good defensive team and a very, very bad offensive team. Mac Jones is a seemingly nice guy that is in no way going to put the team on his back. Mediocre at best. It’s tough for me to say that a Pats quarterback is a nice guy, but he does seem to be one.

The playoff game where the defense didn't get a stop, force a punt, or prevent a score on any possession?

I'm not convinced they do anything well at this point.  They still have Belichick who is the best game day coach and strategist in the league. But they also have Belichick the highly questionable GM and decision maker when it comes to drafting and pro personnel.

Edited by Jauronimo
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

So you’re saying we won’t be seeing a repeat of this anytime soon? 🧐

26805217_1801309133249100_49145664949351

I love this thread as the fantasies of watching be destroyed this year just warms my heart.  I hope we beat them by 40 both times, and McD keeps the starters in to the end driving up the score.

Screw the cheats!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, machine gun kelly said:

I love this thread as the fantasies of watching be destroyed this year just warms my heart.  I hope we beat them by 40 both times, and McD keeps the starters in to the end driving up the score.

Screw the cheats!

I’m with you MGK. 20 years of angst over one team has a way of letting things get pent up to now I will never wish them well no matter who’s on the team or who they’re playing (even if it’s one of our erstwhile SB opponents). I was so disappointed we knelt on the final drive in the playoffs last year and didn’t hang a 50+ point burger on them, thus handing Belicheat only his 2nd worst ever loss…😉

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

26 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Aging, mediocre defensive roster - CHECK

Pitiful offensive weapons - CHECK

Young, unathletic, rag-armed, game managing QB just good enough to retain job for half a decade - CHECK

Past his prime septuagenarian head coach w/defensive emphasis in offense-centered league - CHECK

No Offensive Coordinator (yes, really) - CHECK

Have to face Super Bowl favorite with ascending 26 year old future HOF QB entering full supernova phase (who you haven't forced to punt in 8 quarters) twice a year - CHECK

Yeah, they have their trophies and memories, but I'd hate to be a Pats fan for the next 3-5 years.

It's rag-aahhhmmed - that is all

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 8/11/2022 at 8:01 AM, GunnerBill said:

Nor do I. I have bold predicted the Jets for 2nd place... but if there is a team other than the Bills that wins 10 it will be Miami. I just don't trust them. 

The saving grace for the Bills with Miami is that Tua will likely stay true to form, they do have talent, I’m thinking a short pass offense on their part, 

45 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Just your daily reminder that Bill Belichick has a LOSING RECORD without the greatest QB of all time under center.

(Belichick is 70-79 overall without Brady and 29-58 against teams with a .500 winning percentage or better)

Take a look at most HOF coaches without a elite caliber QB and most records are .500ish. That seems to be the general theme, its also why I think John Harbaugh is the best coach in the NFL for a long while now as he has won a lot with two QBs who are also completely different styles. Bruce Arians I have always thought pretty highly of as virtually anywhere he coached he has had a lot of success with everything from dog crap at QB (John Skelton) to Brady and Palmer. Sean McVay might be the brightest star coach in the NFL as he won with a game manager esq QB in Goff and then was able to not miss a beat and do better with Stafford.

I have said for a while Brady covered up sooo much of NE's flaws they had at any point it made them invincible in many ways. BB as a gameday coach is superb and still top 5 ever, but his GM work is very middle of the road and Brady hid much of that.

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Screw the cheats!

Beating them 31-0 would be satisfying..

• Agree 1

"Mac Jones stepped up and broke the team down after a poor offensive period"

I first read this as "Mac Jones stepped up and broke down crying after a poor offensive period" 😛 

19 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

May I ask where can you buy one of those? Asking for a friend...

Lol, I don't know bro. I just googled to find a pic to post. I didn't pay attention to any ordering info lol.

You should have no problem finding what you (or your friend) needs google searching with those key words lol.

I wish you the best on your journey and may you find the biggest you need!!!

• Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.