Patriots' offense is a disaster per The Athletic's beat reporter

Inigo Montoya

4 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Did you watch the last two games against the Bills? That D got worse.

The Bills were way more talented than them and wanted to make a statement after the earlier loss to them.

But Bill Belichick always gets the defense to a good place. Doesn't mean they will be competitive against the Bills, but they will be competitive at least generally. And they'll figure out a few things that work on offense. They are still well coached.

12 minutes ago, MJS said:

The Bills were way more talented than them and wanted to make a statement after the earlier loss to them.

But Bill Belichick always gets the defense to a good place. Doesn't mean they will be competitive against the Bills, but they will be competitive at least generally. And they'll figure out a few things that work on offense. They are still well coached.

That offense might be worst in the NFL caliber this year...

Seems they are going to try and win games 17-13.

2 hours ago, ddaryl said:

The wheels came off in the playoff game, and they lost the lug nuts, the wheels are in the ditch, and the rims are bent.

Plus Belichick isn't the type of coach that inspires guys when things are going off the rails. Observe guys like Judon as they started to realize that the smoke and mirrors can't hide the truth. Easy to quit on that type of guy, it's his type of attitude that everyone rails on when it fails with guys like Chip Kelly & Urban Meyer.

42 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Need a new zero RB draft darling 

James forgot the "I'd stay but I like winning" line.

55 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

People blow some of these reports out of proportion.  I hate the Pats too and I hope they suck bad...but they are changing a lot and anything that happens at practice is forgotten about once real games start.  They have not even played a preseason game.

They do have Patriots forums ya know.

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Yep. I do. I also recognise some of the same people who were in the "wait and see" camp then on the Bills are now in the "they're a tire fire" camp now on the Patriots. The Bills were bad when their practices suggested they would be bad. The Patriots will be bad this year. I think they will finish 4th in the AFCE and a top 5 draft pick is not out of the question. 

prayer GIF

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Nor do I. I have bold predicted the Jets for 2nd place... but if there is a team other than the Bills that wins 10 it will be Miami. I just don't trust them. 

I think Miami could really surprise and push the Bills this year.  That's a nice roster they've built down there.  It really all comes down to McDaniel and Tua (obviously).

• Disagree 1

Through 3 games against the bills, Mac showed NOTHING to give us fans any concern. I’ve never seen someone just roll over and accept defeat like Bill did in the playoffs. Once Hyde got that interception, they called nothing to give Mac a chance to get back in the game. 

4 hours ago, MJS said:

Are they still "well coached"?

Because, you know, the supposed best HC in NFL history has coached over 150 games without Tom Brady as his QB and he is sub .500 in those 150 plus games.

Just like Phil Jackson was a genius when he had Michael Jordan on his roster, though Phil had a much better winning percentage without the best of all-time on his roster.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.