Patriots' offense is a disaster per The Athletic's beat reporter

Inigo Montoya

3 minutes ago, Process said:

I think people are underestimating how bad the Patriots are going to be this year. They probably have the least amount of top level talent in the entire league. 

What elite players do they have?

The wheels came off in the playoff game, and they lost the lug nuts, the wheels are in the ditch, and the rims are bent.

I wouldn't be shocked if the Pats finish last in the division. The Dolphins are definitely better even with Tua. The Jets (on paper) are much improved. Of course we will see if that carries over to the actual games. Also need to see if Wilson improves.

11 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

It sounds like things are bad in Beantown.  Sure hate to hear that... 

The Athletic's Chad Graff writes "the point of concern is nearing" for the Patriots offense after it has struggled badly throughout training camp.

"The running game struggled," Graff writes. "The receivers didn’t get open. The incompletions mounted." And the quarterbacks have been under constant pressure. With longtime OC Josh McDaniels gone, coach Bill Belichick has handed offensive coaching duties to ex-DC Matt Patricia and former special teams coach Joe Judge. Patricia is coaching the offensive line and calling the plays while Judge is handling Mac Jones and the quarterbacks. Just an utter nightmare. It's a big concern for Jones' development. This offense is completely devoid of playmakers, and the coaching sounds even worse.

https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/football/nfl/player/62961/mac-jones

You love to see it

Overall, the Pats are real short on team speed, athleticism and high end talent at the skill positions.

That will only take you so far, and you can only play so much ground & pound in today's NFL

Satan 2.0 will find ways to beat the garbage teams but they just don't have the horses to hold up against teams that can consistently score 24+ PPG

Pats 2022 6-11

46 minutes ago, Process said:

I think people are underestimating how bad the Patriots are going to be this year. They probably have the least amount of top level talent in the entire league. 

What elite players do they have?

I think there may be a baseline level of terribleness that they may not reach, just because Belichick is so good at a scheming a defense that that side of the ball will probably still be decent. But who knows maybe the wheels will completely come off.

9 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I think there may be a baseline level of terribleness that they may not reach, just because Belichick is so good at a scheming a defense that that side of the ball will probably still be decent. But who knows maybe the wheels will completely come off.

Sort of like how his defense kept the Bills offense to the first perfect game in NFL history. Bottom line if you don’t have the players it doesn’t matter who the coach is.

55 minutes ago, mushypeaches said:

Overall, the Pats are real short on team speed, athleticism and high end talent at the skill positions.

That will only take you so far, and you can only play so much ground & pound in today's NFL

Satan 2.0 will find ways to beat the garbage teams but they just don't have the horses to hold up against teams that can consistently score 24+ PPG

Pats 2022 6-11

But its not for lack of spending...

These figures include Tight Ends

2 minutes ago, MJS said:

They'll figure some things out and win some games. They always do. The defense will be competitive, at least.

But they are a mediocre team for sure.

They'll win a few games, and hopefully enough to knock them out of position to get a difference-maker at QB.  But I'm hoping they stick with Macorkle for awhile.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.