Jump to content

Video: Odd take from Bills caller (Jim Kelly > Allen) + Keyshawn "I don't believe Josh Allen is the reason the Bills are in this position..."


 Share

Recommended Posts

 

So stumbled across this strange clip which has multiple weird takes. One is Keyshawn Johnson saying "I don't believe Josh Allen is the reason that the Buffalo Bills were in the position they were in... I believe it was coaching. I believe it was the acquisition of Diggs through the GM in Brandon Beane..." going on to say he "needs to see more," before he buys into Allen...

 

Diggs is great. Coaching is great. But how many times are we told "QB is the most important position in all of sports?" Why did Beasley, Brown, and DIGGS all have career years when coming to play with Allen? Even if you only count the last 3 years, why do you "need to see more?" After only 2 years of Mahomes playing, people were sold on him being #1 player in the league, but we need more time to see what kind of player Allen is? He walked off the field having put his team in position to be in back to back AFC championship games, after a flawless playoff run.

 

Aside from a Super Bowl, what more do you need to see? And if it's only Super Bowl or bust, you're basically disqualifying every young QB in the league.

 

Part 2 (which comes first in the video): The other take is a 40 year Bills fan calling in just to say Josh Allen doesn't have the "mind" Jim Kelly did, that if JA had JK's mind or JK had JA's athleticism, they'd be unbeatable. Then he wraps it up saying Allen is good, but he's not to Jim's level yet.

 

My thoughts were "Ok, but why does that even matter?" Jim Kelly isn't playing anymore... He's not competing with Allen. He didn't win a Super Bowl. So even if he's CURRENTLY the best QB in franchise history, his time to add to his legacy is over. Josh has only played 4 years, still has MANY years ahead of him to do things Kelly never could. Why are we comparing his "mind" to Kelly's in 2022? What part of his mind is inferior? I'd say his work ethic may even be superior, so what is it that inspires a fan to call a show just to say Allen isn't as good as a QB from decades ago?

 

Anyway, just my random rant on this clip that popped up today. Weird stuff from both the fan & Keyshawn imo...

  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, JDubya76 said:

Keyshawn is a big fan of the game “show me you have CTE without telling me you have CTE”.

 

He’s really good at that game.

 

Keyshawn is a big fan of Keyshawn.

 

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Basically it a case of;  you can’t fix stupid, ignore those people and move on with your life, just sayin,

 

Go Bills!!!

 

 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, transplantbillsfan said:

He's gotta be getting paid a large sum of money to be a Troll

It's probably similar to Nick Wright, it gives him a bunch of clicks, though honestly I've started to move past being annoyed by Wright it's become more of a team rivalry thing with the Chiefs at this point.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

It's probably similar to Nick Wright, it gives him a bunch of clicks, though honestly I've started to move past being annoyed by Wright it's become more of a team rivalry thing with the Chiefs at this point.

 

Well... that could be because Wright at least showed some kind of sensibility after the Chiefs playoff game when he said Josh Allen terrifies him. Now he talks about Allen as the 2nd or 3rd best QB in the NFL. Once the season starts I'm sure he'll go back to being a Troll though.

 

I think what Keyshaun said is as dumb as anything Wright ever said. Probably dumber because of his obstinate refusal to consider the last 2 years as evidence.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BigDingus said:

 

 

Part 2 (which comes first in the video): The other take is a 40 year Bills fan calling in just to say Josh Allen doesn't have the "mind" Jim Kelly did, that if JA had JK's mind or JK had JA's athleticism, they'd be unbeatable. Then he wraps it up saying Allen is good, but he's not to Jim's level yet.

 

My thoughts were "Ok, but why does that even matter?" Jim Kelly isn't playing anymore... He's not competing with Allen. He didn't win a Super Bowl. So even if he's CURRENTLY the best QB in franchise history, his time to add to his legacy is over. Josh has only played 4 years, still has MANY years ahead of him to do things Kelly never could. Why are we comparing his "mind" to Kelly's in 2022? What part of his mind is inferior? I'd say his work ethic may even be superior, so what is it that inspires a fan to call a show just to say Allen isn't as good as a QB from decades ago?

 

Anyway, just my random rant on this clip that popped up today. Weird stuff from both the fan & Keyshawn imo...

 

"If JA had JK's mind"???  Listening to them talk, I get the strong impression that JA is the smarter of the two.  And, yeah, Kelly called his own plays but I'm going to guess that Allen understands defenses better than Kelly did.  

 

I'm not ready to crown a new king yet but I think Allen is on a trajectory that leads to the HOF.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BigDingus said:

 

So stumbled across this strange clip which has multiple weird takes. One is Keyshawn Johnson saying "I don't believe Josh Allen is the reason that the Buffalo Bills were in the position they were in... I believe it was coaching. I believe it was the acquisition of Diggs through the GM in Brandon Beane..." going on to say he "needs to see more," before he buys into Allen...

 

Diggs is great. Coaching is great. But how many times are we told "QB is the most important position in all of sports?" Why did Beasley, Brown, and DIGGS all have career years when coming to play with Allen? Even if you only count the last 3 years, why do you "need to see more?" After only 2 years of Mahomes playing, people were sold on him being #1 player in the league, but we need more time to see what kind of player Allen is? He walked off the field having put his team in position to be in back to back AFC championship games, after a flawless playoff run.

 

Aside from a Super Bowl, what more do you need to see? And if it's only Super Bowl or bust, you're basically disqualifying every young QB in the league.

 

Part 2 (which comes first in the video): The other take is a 40 year Bills fan calling in just to say Josh Allen doesn't have the "mind" Jim Kelly did, that if JA had JK's mind or JK had JA's athleticism, they'd be unbeatable. Then he wraps it up saying Allen is good, but he's not to Jim's level yet.

 

My thoughts were "Ok, but why does that even matter?" Jim Kelly isn't playing anymore... He's not competing with Allen. He didn't win a Super Bowl. So even if he's CURRENTLY the best QB in franchise history, his time to add to his legacy is over. Josh has only played 4 years, still has MANY years ahead of him to do things Kelly never could. Why are we comparing his "mind" to Kelly's in 2022? What part of his mind is inferior? I'd say his work ethic may even be superior, so what is it that inspires a fan to call a show just to say Allen isn't as good as a QB from decades ago?

 

Anyway, just my random rant on this clip that popped up today. Weird stuff from both the fan & Keyshawn imo...

We must view Meshawn as Joe Theisman called him throw the prism of his time with the Jets. He hates everything about the Bills and take it from there 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Had Kelly/Marv done more game smarts, SB might be a win. JA/MCD both equally smart. What separates the Bronze from Gold SB win? Is this pair elite? We don’t know yet. 


I sometimes in 2022 suspect bogus statements are bait to get bills mafia eyes-balls. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Josh Allen does things Kelly never dreamt of doing.

 

I watched all of Kelly's games as I was a teenager when he was here.

 

Sorry to say this dude is delusional. Allen presents nightmares to defenses that Kelly never did.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...