Training Camp practice 7/30 - The pads come on

YoloinOhio

9 minutes ago, Draconator said:

Diggs nearly dropped the baby!

DON'T DROP THE BABY!!!!!!

Stef's baby holding form is almost as bad as Mike Rob's table jumping form.  Support the head! 😛

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Irv said:

The boneheads jumping on at the end should be cut.  What a couple of morons.  

4 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Losing Diggs and Davis would be a pretty heavy blow to our offense.

4 hours ago, Irv said:

Don't matter.  Don't care if it's Tom Brady.  You don't do that. 

LOL!!!

You're saying we should cut Diggs, and Davis! Maybe we should cut Allen for starting a fight???

• Haha (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Whatever works, but that is certainly an interesting strategy with arguably the best offensive player on the planet… Obviously it will depend on how successful the run game is, but I have no doubt teams would rather let Singletary/Cook/Moss try and beat them than Josh Allen with the ball in his hands for most of the game…. Josh is also a rhythm passer, the run, run, pass stuff isn’t really his game. 

Hard to disagree with you though. They loaded up on run blocking linemen and yes, the addition of Kromer…. Just hope they aren’t fixing something that ain’t broken and get back to their pass happy tendencies when necessary because the offense should run through Josh Allen. 👍🏻

Poster just said 60% pass and 40% run, and you reply with "run, run, pass".  Hmm...

Balance is critical, and that ringed true several times last year.  We need the threat of running, and not passing/going empty sets on every early down.  60/40 or 65/35 is probably the best Balance, to keep Josh heavily involved and also give playaction (strong suit of Josh) more chance at success.  

Dorsey isn't converting this team to run heavy.  He's been quoted saying hes looking to field a "fast/speed" skill position group, that is attacking. But all good offenses have some Balance, or call it "multiple", ability to beat various looks and schemes.   Everyone of us remember games against Steelers and Jags, cover 2 looks all game with Daboll staying stubborn to his pass plays and empty sets.  I think Daboll was great and deserving of his praise, but he also seemed reluctant to adapt throughout games, and sometimes stayed too aggressive. 

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I am curious on the time it takes for them to get the punt off

that is a great point. I feel like Haack’s hang time is potentially misleading given his slow release time. 

Haack is a block waiting to happen, and if Araiza can hold, that should be the end of the competition.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

7 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I am curious on the time it takes for them to get the punt off

One of the criticisms of Araiza coming out of college was that he got punts off so quickly, that combined with his poor hang time, it was very difficult for his teammates to get downfield and cover effectively.  I know with some punters the problem is just the opposite.  They become vulnerable to having the punt blocked because they take too much time getting it off.  If today is any indication, his hang time is improving.  I would guess the Bills can help him adjust the time he takes to get a punt off so that it will be advantageous for the Bills.  It all hints at the notion that Araiza is a kid who is loaded with raw talent but did not have great coaching on the finer points of punting.  The lack of certain qualities (hang time etc.) is why Araiza was not the first punter to be drafted and he lasted as long as he did.  The Bills are gambling that they can coach him up quickly.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Draconator said:

Diggs nearly dropped the baby!

DON'T DROP THE BABY!!!!!!

….and…..well……they have these tiny little necks…..

Edited by Augie

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I wish this kind of engagement and intensity translated into making plays on game day. What an effing GEM he'd be if that was the case. And maybe he's finally ready to just play fast and loose and impact the game. We don't know he isn't still catching up to the game, but we haven't seen the results on the field yet. 

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.