Training Camp practice 7/30 - The pads come on

YoloinOhio

10 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

that is a great point. I feel like Haack’s hang time is potentially misleading given his slow release time. 

Haack is a block waiting to happen, and if Araiza can hold, that should be the end of the competition.

Araiza also has a slow release time(unless he's fixed it since OTAs. Nothing has been reported on it. He seemed to fix his Hang time since though)

Hang time does not include the release time. 

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

1 hour ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Araiza also has a slow release time(unless he's fixed it since OTAs. Nothing has been reported on it. He seemed to fix his Hang time since though)

Hang time does not include the release time. 

Re your last comment, I agree, but it sounds like these beat reporters have been doing the hang time calculations. So I am not super confident that we are getting accurate times.

11 hours ago, MasterStrategist said:

Poster just said 60% pass and 40% run, and you reply with "run, run, pass".  Hmm...

Balance is critical, and that ringed true several times last year.  We need the threat of running, and not passing/going empty sets on every early down.  60/40 or 65/35 is probably the best Balance, to keep Josh heavily involved and also give playaction (strong suit of Josh) more chance at success.  

Dorsey isn't converting this team to run heavy.  He's been quoted saying hes looking to field a "fast/speed" skill position group, that is attacking. But all good offenses have some Balance, or call it "multiple", ability to beat various looks and schemes.   Everyone of us remember games against Steelers and Jags, cover 2 looks all game with Daboll staying stubborn to his pass plays and empty sets.  I think Daboll was great and deserving of his praise, but he also seemed reluctant to adapt throughout games, and sometimes stayed too aggressive. 

Imo, Dabol’s never had a good feel for how to create/use a run game as we saw every year he was here, the exception was the later part of last season, maybe the light went on for him or “someone else”  in effect pulled rank and forced the issue, which I believe was the case, this was the the issue that caused friction between he and McDermott. I think Dorsey will not only have a wider range of usable offense weapons (by design) he will use all of them more effectively than Dabol did. Yes I’m optimistic 👍

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Thad is RAPIDLY approaching Mike Rodak levels of douchebaggery 

Far better it from me to defend Cover1.  

I think he’s a just a super fan thinking he’s a professional. 

we’ve got lots of that ilk here ;) 

he used to post here but couldn’t handle criticism of his “work” 

Point being— 
Open to the public means just that 

if the Bills wanted to keep everything secret, the workouts would be private. 

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Far better it from me to defend Cover1.  

I think he’s a just a super fan thinking he’s a professional. 

we’ve got lots of that ilk here ;) 

he used to post here but couldn’t handle criticism of his “work” 

Point being— 
Open to the public means just that 

if the Bills wanted to keep everything secret, the workouts would be private. 

You think so? I think the Cover 1 guys do a good job at filling a niche that generic journalists like Thad don't do, which is more in-depth analysis. 

Buffalo News has gotten in on this too with Mark Gaughn's new online series. 

46 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

You think so? I think the Cover 1 guys do a good job at filling a niche that generic journalists like Thad don't do, which is more in-depth analysis. 

Buffalo News has gotten in on this too with Mark Gaughn's new online series. 

yes I think so. 

I don’t have much respect because he  left this place because he couldn’t take criticism. 

🐈‍⬛ MEOW. 

Part 2 of that IIRC he wasn’t allowed to post some of his stuff. 
Got in a huff over that too. 

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce

1 minute ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

yes I think so. 

I don’t have much respect because he  left this place because he couldn’t take criticism. 

🐈‍⬛ MEOW. 

I mean how long ago was that? Seems like there are multiple people working for that group now and it's respected enough to have a bunch of Bills players do interviews with them.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Roundybout said:

Thad is RAPIDLY approaching Mike Rodak levels of douchebaggery 

The Bills probably aren't happy about that though.  Who needs a Belichick film crew when there is already one in house haha.  Didnt they make some rule before that they didnt even want starting position groups being reported on or something like that?

18 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

yes I think so. 

🐈‍⬛ MEOW. 

Part 2 of that IIRC he wasn’t allowed to post some of his stuff. 
Got in a huff over that too. 

I think it was more along the lines of when he posted here it always seem to be more like advertising his stuff here for clicks than actual fan discussion.  Maybe I am thinking of someone else though.  Im getting old and brain damaged haha.

Teams aren’t practicing anything real when fans are there. It’s all just for show. They save the real stuff for practices that aren’t open to the public and when training camp is over.  And Bills fans have been posting clips from practice for years now. It won’t make/hasn’t made a difference.

34 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

can’t a guy just not like someone??

Sure that's fine, it's just Cover1 is more than just that one guy now.

10 minutes ago, Doc said:

Teams aren’t practicing anything real when fans are there. It’s all just for show. They save the real stuff for practices that aren’t open to the public and when training camp is over.  And Bills fans have been posting clips from practice for years now. It won’t make/hasn’t made a difference.

I mean technically they haven't been at camp the last two season, but I'm sure it's fine though.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.