Training Camp practice 7/30 - The pads come on

YoloinOhio

45 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Punt God wins the day, Haack regressing back to his normal self.

I would say that Araiza won, but it had more with Araiza improving his hang time than anything Haack did or didn't do..  I'm pretty sure the Bills would love for Araiza to be the clear winner.  Haack has been in the league long enough that his production in the regular season is pretty much a given.  He's not going to make a quantum leap in his leg strength.

8 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Losing Diggs and Davis would be a pretty heavy blow to our offense.

Don't matter.  Don't care if it's Tom Brady.  You don't do that. 

Edited by Irv
  • Vomit 5
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

I would say that Araiza won, but it had more with Araiza improving his hang time than anything Haack did or didn't do..  I'm pretty sure the Bills would love for Araiza to be the clear winner.  Haack has been in the league long enough that his production in the regular season is pretty much a given.  He's not going to make a quantum leap in his leg strength.

Hacks hang time went down and wasn't even on par with Punt God, he had a sub 4sec hang time. That is in line with the bad Haack we have seen in games.

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

Losing Diggs and Davis would be a pretty heavy blow to our offense.

Was that really who it was? Had thought the same thing until reading that. Was hoping they were buns so we could make an example.

Good way to hurt yourself or someone else 😬

• Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Need a lot more from the position… especially if they want to run 12 and 13 personnel as much as training camp has indicated to this point…. 

At this point it looks like they have TE1 and a TE 3 and 4.

I dont think the 12/13 personnel is going to stick or will be very limited (maybe 5% of their offensive plays).

1 hour ago, BigAl2526 said:

Araiza doesn't have to be the clear winner. He just has to be at least about as good as Haack. If they're anywhere close, then you go with the younger, cheaper guy with the bigger upside.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

4 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

At this point it looks like they have TE1 and a TE 3 and 4.

I dont think the 12/13 personnel is going to stick or will be very limited (maybe 5% of their offensive plays).

Agree.

FWIW the Bills ran 8% of 12 and 0% of 13 last year.  I imagine most of the 12 was shorter yardage.  They may add some 12 in longer situations this year.

They ran only 1% of 22 last year.  With Cooks versatility that might go up some (league average of 3%).

17 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Agree.

FWIW the Bills ran 8% of 12 and 0% of 13 last year.  I imagine most of the 12 was shorter yardage.  They may add some 12 in longer situations this year.

They ran only 1% of 22 last year.  With Cooks versatility that might go up some (league average of 3%).

Right, I was more referring to the 13 personnel of it being low if they do run it (very low percentage is my guess).

Cook should get the 22 personnel up for sure.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Agree.. it shouldn’t be a staple considering their personnel, but you’ll def see a lot more of it than years past… specifically because I think McD wants to run the ball more.

Well, it's no secret or anything they want to run the ball a bit more. I'm not sure how much better Howard is than Sweeney blocking? And if Howard shows much of the same throughout TC and can't get it going, is just being a bit better blocker enough to win TE2 over Sweeney?

4 hours ago, BigAl2526 said:

Nick McCloud was known to have outstanding athleticism and size/speed ratio coming out of Ohio State.  For whatever reason, his production didn't match his physical profile.  When the Bills signed him as a free agent, it was with the hope that with time and good coaching he could develop into a solid NFL CB.  He's been with the Bills now for two years.  It looks like the Bills' investment may be paying off.

? You got the right player?  ND and NC state for mccloud. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Well, it's no secret or anything they want to run the ball a bit more. I'm not sure how much better Howard is than Sweeney blocking? And if Howard shows much of the same throughout TC and can't get it going, is just being a bit better blocker enough to win TE2 over Sweeney?

I don't know, but apparently we are stuck with his cap hit, so if it's pretty much a wash, Howard is making the team.

Edited by Dr. Who

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.