Highmark stadium seating question???

YoloinOhio

300s near the 50 on the Home side are my favorite seats in the stadium.  You get the shade in the warmer months so you arent roasting in the sun the entire day, and you can see the whole game (its right above the press box so you know that is a good sight line)

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Last game i went to was just below the upper deck at about the 30 yd line and not exactly sure what seats those were because it was when Fitz was our QB so it's been a while but had great sight lines to the entire field .

I've never been to a game at the current stadium that really had bad sight lines i have been up so high in the upper deck though that i did need binoculars to see the players very good . Sorry i couldn't be of more help .

• Thank you (+1) 1

• Simon changed the title to Highmark stadium seating question???
41 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Looking at single game ticket prices and trying to determine sight lines and where to buy decent seats. Is Upper level 300s ok or are those bad seats?

Buyer beware.  The 300's in the upper deck corners are full of opposing fans.  Views are good, company, not so much.  Unless of course the Bills are curb stomping the opponent.  I watched that Eagles debacle from there a few years back and it was a miserable game on the field, miserable weather (wind was howling so loud you could not hear in stadium game play calling) and miserable Eagles fans who were chanting E-A-G-L-E-S all damn game..

• Like (+1) 1

Sight lines in the stadium are good everywhere. For me, and realize this isn't for everyone, I really want to focus on watching the game and sharing in the communal experience of rooting for the home team with a bunch of like minded fans. I have found the Club level seats, despite their high cost, have been worth it the past several years as they are more likely to enable this scenario. The reason is that in other parts of the stadium where I've sat, there is a large focus on drinking massive quantities of beer (and subsequently going in and out a dozen times to use the bathroom and get more beer) and in posting selfies on social media and texting during the game. All of that is fine, people are welcome to enjoy the game day experience as they see fit. But I found myself sitting amongst them and wondering why I didn't just stay home and watch it on TV, relative to my stated objective, above, of focusing on the game itself and doing it with a bunch of strangers who are not strangers on game day because we are all rooting for the Bills. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, wjag said:

Buyer beware.  The 300's in the upper deck corners are full of opposing fans.  Views are good, company, not so much.  Unless of course the Bills are curb stomping the opponent.  I watched that Eagles debacle from there a few years back and it was a miserable game on the field, miserable weather (wind was howling so loud you could not hear in stadium game play calling) and miserable Eagles fans who were chanting E-A-G-L-E-S all damn game..

I sat near Raiders fans the last time I was at a game. Luckily we won. They (the fans) were awful. I just can’t remember where we sat as we bought them outside the stadium.

Edited by YoloinOhio

My son and I sit 333 halfway up.  About 35-40 yard line.  Used to sit a section over about the 30 yard line.  No complaints either seats.  

Great site lines, can see all the screens.  Can see the field great.  Opposite end zone is a little tough but not an issue, but the Jumbotron takes care of that.

Have sat last row upper deck, a little too high.  Sat lower bowl, 15 rows up were great.  2 rows up, couldn’t see a thing.  Corner end zone are great when they are coming toward you, otherwise not so good.  Best seats I’ve had are upper deck.

• Like (+1) 1

As @Bob Chandler's Hands stated - there is A LOT to be said about the club seats.  Well worth the money, I sat in the Jim Kelly section (visitor side) on the 25 yard line ..... the tunnel end.  When the play got down to less than 10 yards the Jumbotron was most assistive.  The quality of fans is GREATLY enhanced which makes the experience even better.  Even if there are opposing fans they also tend to be on the upper end of the socioeconomic end of things are as a result are surprisingly likeable.

Spend the extra dough......it is worth it.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Gregthekeg said:

300s near the 50 on the Home side are my favorite seats in the stadium.  You get the shade in the warmer months so you arent roasting in the sun the entire day, and you can see the whole game (its right above the press box so you know that is a good sight line)

Yolo, I agree with Greg.  If you can get between the 35’s, especially the lower end of the 300’s are great for really seeing the game.  My favorite seats are the first row of the 300’s having the railing to put up you're feet.   Like anything else, the wind is always the factor.

I know I may fly up for the Steelers game  as it’s only Mid-October and the weather shouldn’t be that bad.

9 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

How far ahead is the best time to buy single game tickets. Must be at least 2 wks out, so my family can plan. 
prices now? Seem out of wack high. 

I have literally been at tailgates with people who had yet to buy their tickets. They wait until the last possible moment, they transfer electronically and they buy at rock bottom. 

I, however, have airfare, airport parking, car rental and a hotel for a few nights. I pay more than I should for tickets to have a sure thing before I take on all those other expenses. Yep, I’m that guy who gets suckered! I’m just not that bold to make the trip without tix lined up. Old people……🤷‍♂️   😂

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BTB said:

IMO…it is just the opposite.  End zone seats suck.  Anywhere in the upper deck provides a superior view.  

I agree, only problem I have is if I am one or two rows up in the uppers, I feel like I am almost watching on TV.  I still enjoy the atmosphere anywhere in the lowers but the view in the uppers.  Never landed club seats yet though, maybe this is the year!

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.