Reported Bills UDFA signing - 11 signed, 3 Camp Invites *Updated* 09:32 (4 open spots)

MAJBobby

5 hours ago, CapeBreton said:

Yeah this guy could make the team for sure, I feel like he unfairly fell in the rankings because of a horrendous forty time, over 5 seconds. But he looks pretty fast and athletic on tape and apparently was sick when he ran that time. 

I like the way he catches the ball.   Makes hand catches, goes down for balls, nice receiver.  Weird that he fell out of the draft.  

• Like (+1) 1

Tanner Owen played left tackle in college, which of course is the most demanding spot on the line as far as movement skills are concerned, but his lack of length makes him an ideal candidate to move inside in the pros.  Maybe he's the next Ryan Bates and will offer similar position versatility if he develops.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, CapeBreton said:

Yeah this guy could make the team for sure, I feel like he unfairly fell in the rankings because of a horrendous forty time, over 5 seconds. But he looks pretty fast and athletic on tape and apparently was sick when he ran that time. 

some of that probably led to drafting Tenuta, his pro day was very different than his combine. That said, passing on Wydermyer and leaving him as a priority FA was the right move because for him It’s a desirable opportunity to earn a wide-open TE3 spot on one of the league’s best teams. Sweeney has fallen pretty flat on the chances he’s been given.

1 hour ago, letsgoteam said:

Does LS Cole Jenkins have any chance to unseat R.F or this just a due diligence and for someone to snap to Punt god during rookie camp?

The latter is my guess. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 4/30/2022 at 4:24 PM, MAJBobby said:

Like I do every year I will keep all the reported signings below. However they tend to come fast and Furious. So if you see one not listed here feel free to say it and tag me with link. Will update the main post. 

as we are in the rounds players are sitting there thinking might be better to go UDFA at this point I figured I would start the thread to be ready to start updating it. 

I know in past I loved UDFA looking for players to still contribute right away. Bills are no longer at that point but get me players with at least ONE elite trait 

RB Raheem Blackshear 

TE Jalen Wydermyer - there is a chance to make the team here  

CB Travon Fuller 

DT Prince Emili

WR Malik Williams

WR Neil Pau’u

IOL Alex Anderson 

Edge Kingsley Jonathan

WR Keith Corbin

OL Derek Kerstetter

OL Tanner Owen

75 on Contract (with draft picks)

11 UDFAs reportedly signed 

86 on roster (4 open spots)

Rookie Camp Invite (3)

S Jay Lenard 

LS Cole Jenkins 

CB Ja'Marcus Ingram

Thanks for creating and updating MAJ.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 4/30/2022 at 6:00 PM, RobbRiddick said:

Who will be the guy we all obsess over being an absolute 100% pro bowler in the rough* this year???

(*only to see him gone at first cut down)

........all of them!

On 4/30/2022 at 6:00 PM, RobbRiddick said:

Who will be the guy we all obsess over being an absolute 100% pro bowler in the rough* this year???

(*only to see him gone at first cut down)

Well there is no great white hype skill guy this year...it would have been Borghi. 

Wydermeyer has the best chance by far imo. Though Tanner Owen and Derek Kerstetter are interesting as OL depth. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Well there is no great white hype skill guy this year...it would have been Borghi. 

Wydermeyer has the best chance by far imo. Though Tanner Owen and Derek Kerstetter are interesting as OL depth. 

Wydermeyer will be the new undrafted All pro of camp.  He will basically, need to out ugly Sweeney.  All the dirty stuff, blocking, teams and good locker room guy.  He is a slow TE, he better maul dudes blocking. 

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, Mat68 said:

Wydermeyer will be the new undrafted All pro of camp.  He will basically, need to out ugly Sweeney.  All the dirty stuff, blocking, teams and good locker room guy.  He is a slow TE, he better maul dudes blocking. 

I can also see they keeping 4 tight ends and Gilliam getting the boot. He has not had much of a role on offense, and I don’t think he will have one at all.  Keeping two guys in the running back room for special only, he and Jones seems unlikely imo. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I can also see they keeping 4 tight ends and Gilliam getting the boot. He has not had much of a role on offense, and I don’t think he will have one at all.  Keeping two guys in the running back room for special only, he and Jones seems unlikely imo. 

Ehhh... playing Gilliam more late in season seemed to help Devin Singletary and rest of run game a lot.

and once our run game got going a bit we were nearly impossible to stop.

• Agree 2

8 hours ago, Kmart128 said:

Ehhh... playing Gilliam more late in season seemed to help Devin Singletary and rest of run game a lot.

and once our run game got going a bit we were nearly impossible to stop.

I don’t know about all that. Those games were against terrible teams and Gilliam still only played like 10-15% of the snaps. And I like Gilliam, but I think we are going to see a one back offense under Dorsey. It is possible they keep Reggie around, but I think it is 50/50

3 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I don’t know about all that. Those games were against terrible teams and Gilliam still only played like 10-15% of the snaps. And I like Gilliam, but I think we are going to see a one back offense under Dorsey. It is possible they keep Reggie around, but I think it is 50/50

Gilliam has STs in his favour. I think he is very unlikely to be cut. The only FB on the roster, can play some tight end and has been a critical piece on special teams. At some point before camp I will do the exercise I did last year where I look back at exactly who did what job for them on teams in 2021, because it helps you determine who plays some STs but is easily replaceable there and who has been playing the critical spots on their ST unit. Generally guys on rookie deals who have been playing key spots on ST are hard to shift off a roster. 

• Like (+1) 1

The Bills only had 2 TEs (and Gilliam at FB) on the 53 man roster to start last season.  At best I see them carrying 3 on the roster this year and it will be between Wydermeyer and Morris.

First of all, thanks, OP, for compiling this list.  It was not very long ago that I would pour over these UDFA signings hoping one or two would make the Bills roster and surprise everyone.

Now, it’s just fun to see if I recognize anyone.  I hope they get a chance somewhere, because it ain’t likely to be Buffalo.  I suppose I agree with most of you that the guy with the best chance is probably the Aggie TE.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Gilliam has STs in his favour. I think he is very unlikely to be cut. The only FB on the roster, can play some tight end and has been a critical piece on special teams. At some point before camp I will do the exercise I did last year where I look back at exactly who did what job for them on teams in 2021, because it helps you determine who plays some STs but is easily replaceable there and who has been playing the critical spots on their ST unit. Generally guys on rookie deals who have been playing key spots on ST are hard to shift off a roster. 

I tend to agree. I just don't think they are going to use a fullback at all. JMO, but that 15% snap count rate is likely to be more like 0-5%. If they do keep him it will be all about special teams. 

Let me add that if I did a 53 projection right now, Gilliam would likely be on it. I think it just depends on what happens with these tight ends and how many Dorsey plans on using. 

Excited to see what Wydermeyer does. He has the skillset to be productive. Hopefully being in the right clubhouse allows him to develop and contribute. Will be an added bonus and another weapon for the offense if he does. Could easily see him start off at TE #3

14 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I tend to agree. I just don't think they are going to use a fullback at all. JMO, but that 15% snap count rate is likely to be more like 0-5%. If they do keep him it will be all about special teams. 

Let me add that if I did a 53 projection right now, Gilliam would likely be on it. I think it just depends on what happens with these tight ends and how many Dorsey plans on using. 

I don't know what they plan going forward, but a note that Gilliam got 20% of the snaps the last 2 reg season games and 34% against NE in the playoffs, 25% vs KC.  That argues a guy they were starting to depend upon more at the end of the season.

Didn't we use a fullback in our run game when Kromer was here before?  Boobie Dixon and Jerome Felton?

• Like (+1) 1