Reported Bills UDFA signing - 11 signed, 3 Camp Invites *Updated* 09:32 (4 open spots)

MAJBobby

21 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Never heard of this guy and trying to dig. So he goes to Mizzou and redshirts. Decides to transfer and starts 52 games at NW Missouri. So this isn’t your typical small school guy in that he was at an SEC school and projected to handle those guys. With his size I am guessing they see him at guard or center. Very similar measurables to Bates and Morse, both super athletic left tackles who kicked inside in the NFL. Dude is very interesting at least on paper. 

• Like (+1) 5

3 hours ago, CapeBreton said:

Yeah this guy could make the team for sure, I feel like he unfairly fell in the rankings because of a horrendous forty time, over 5 seconds. But he looks pretty fast and athletic on tape and apparently was sick when he ran that time. 

Yeah, I saw he had a 5.00+ 40, but he seems to play much faster. I hope he shows enough speed to get open in training camp and preseason

3 hours ago, H2o said:

This guy could be our new Lee Smith. Even wears #85. 

Wydermer has much nicer hands IMO.

But he does have blocking TE size at 6'4 255.

Highlights from 2019-2020 season. Most catches were nice hands catches. Grabs that ball right out of the air.

@1:20 is that Ozzie Ozbourne or Michael Jackson? 🤣

NFLdraftbuzz.com. if I remember correctly had him position ranked as the no. 2 TE in the draft behind Trey McBride.....for real.

This guy is gonna be a killer TE. If Howard gets hurt again, I don't think we'll miss a beat. Keep an eye on him this summer.

McBeane scored on this one.

2 minutes ago, nosejob said:

NFLdraftbuzz.com. if I remember correctly had him position ranked as the no. 2 TE in the draft behind Trey McBride.....for real.

This guy is gonna be a killer TE. If Howard gets hurt again, I don't think we'll miss a beat. Keep an eye on him this summer.

McBeane scored on this one.

Home

Position Ranking

MOCK DRAFTS

Features

Draft Do-Over

Big Board

Top Tight Ends 2022 NFL Draft

Home

Positions

TE

ALL

QUARTERBACK

RUNNING BACK

WIDE RECEIVER

TIGHT END

OFFENSIVE LINE

DEFENSIVE LINE

LINEBACKER

DEFENSIVE BACK

#1 RANKED - SCOUTING REPORT

Trey McBride from Colorado State TE 2021 Scouting Report

POSITION
RANK

OUR
RATING

TE

All Scouts Average Overall Rank 51.8

All Scouts Average Position Rank 1

Height Feet 6-4

Weight Lbs 249lbs

College Senior Colorado State

Forty Time Secs 4.56

Player Summary We have really struggled in finding any major downside to McBride's game, which has steadily improved until exploding onto the national scen...

#2 RANKED - SCOUTING REPORT

Jalen Wydermyer from Texas A&M TE 2021 Scouting Report

POSITION
RANK

OUR
RATING

TE

All Scouts Average Overall Rank 115

All Scouts Average Position Rank 7

Height Feet 6-5

Weight Lbs 255lbs

College Junior Texas A&M

Forty Time Secs 5.03

Player Summary Wydermyer had a consistently productive college career in Texas where he put up good numbers and looks to be an excellent receiving tight en...

#3 RANKED - SCOUTING REPORT

Jeremy Ruckert from Ohio State TE 2021 Scouting Report

POSITION
RANK

OUR
RATING

TE

All Scouts Average Overall Rank 84.1

All Scouts Average Position Rank 4

Height Feet 6-5

Weight Lbs 250lbs

College Senior Ohio State

Forty Time Secs 4.68

Player Summary If Jeremy Rucker could have the recruiting process over again we are sure he wouldn't pick Ohio State as he hasn't been given an opportunity...

YOUR NFL GM VS. AUTODRAFT

Ever wondered what would happen if your favorite team just went into the draft without doing any independent research, without studying hours of tape, or even listening to team scouts? Well, after many years of watching NFL teams making numerous questionable ‘reaches’ in the draft, and totally ignoring the prevailing wisdom - we decided to re-examine all your team’s drafts over the last ten years.
The results are (sometimes) interesting – but what it really does show, is that on the whole - NFL teams would have done better by putting their feet up and just switching on autodraft.
Take a look, we have every team's draft since 2011 rated.

Player Rankings - Tight Ends

#PlayerPosTeamWeightHeight40YDAVG POS RANKAVG OVR RANKRatingSummary

Trey
McBride

TE249lbs6-44.56151.8

We have really struggled in finding any major downside to McBride's game, which has steadily improved until exploding onto the nat...

Jalen
Wydermyer

TE255lbs6-55.037115

Wydermyer had a consistently productive college career in Texas where he put up good numbers and looks to be an excellent receivin...

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, CapeBreton said:

Yeah this guy could make the team for sure, I feel like he unfairly fell in the rankings because of a horrendous forty time, over 5 seconds. But he looks pretty fast and athletic on tape and apparently was sick when he ran that time. 

I like the way he catches the ball.   Makes hand catches, goes down for balls, nice receiver.  Weird that he fell out of the draft.  

• Like (+1) 1

Tanner Owen played left tackle in college, which of course is the most demanding spot on the line as far as movement skills are concerned, but his lack of length makes him an ideal candidate to move inside in the pros.  Maybe he's the next Ryan Bates and will offer similar position versatility if he develops.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, CapeBreton said:

some of that probably led to drafting Tenuta, his pro day was very different than his combine. That said, passing on Wydermyer and leaving him as a priority FA was the right move because for him It’s a desirable opportunity to earn a wide-open TE3 spot on one of the league’s best teams. Sweeney has fallen pretty flat on the chances he’s been given.

On 4/30/2022 at 4:24 PM, MAJBobby said:

Like I do every year I will keep all the reported signings below. However they tend to come fast and Furious. So if you see one not listed here feel free to say it and tag me with link. Will update the main post. 

as we are in the rounds players are sitting there thinking might be better to go UDFA at this point I figured I would start the thread to be ready to start updating it. 

I know in past I loved UDFA looking for players to still contribute right away. Bills are no longer at that point but get me players with at least ONE elite trait 

RB Raheem Blackshear 

TE Jalen Wydermyer - there is a chance to make the team here  

CB Travon Fuller 

DT Prince Emili

WR Malik Williams

WR Neil Pau’u

IOL Alex Anderson 

Edge Kingsley Jonathan

WR Keith Corbin

OL Derek Kerstetter

OL Tanner Owen

75 on Contract (with draft picks)

11 UDFAs reportedly signed 

86 on roster (4 open spots)

Rookie Camp Invite (3)

S Jay Lenard 

LS Cole Jenkins 

CB Ja'Marcus Ingram

Thanks for creating and updating MAJ.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 4/30/2022 at 6:00 PM, RobbRiddick said:

Who will be the guy we all obsess over being an absolute 100% pro bowler in the rough* this year???

(*only to see him gone at first cut down)

........all of them!

On 4/30/2022 at 6:00 PM, RobbRiddick said:

Who will be the guy we all obsess over being an absolute 100% pro bowler in the rough* this year???

(*only to see him gone at first cut down)

Well there is no great white hype skill guy this year...it would have been Borghi. 

Wydermeyer has the best chance by far imo. Though Tanner Owen and Derek Kerstetter are interesting as OL depth. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Well there is no great white hype skill guy this year...it would have been Borghi. 

Wydermeyer has the best chance by far imo. Though Tanner Owen and Derek Kerstetter are interesting as OL depth. 

Wydermeyer will be the new undrafted All pro of camp.  He will basically, need to out ugly Sweeney.  All the dirty stuff, blocking, teams and good locker room guy.  He is a slow TE, he better maul dudes blocking. 

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, Mat68 said:

Wydermeyer will be the new undrafted All pro of camp.  He will basically, need to out ugly Sweeney.  All the dirty stuff, blocking, teams and good locker room guy.  He is a slow TE, he better maul dudes blocking. 

I can also see they keeping 4 tight ends and Gilliam getting the boot. He has not had much of a role on offense, and I don’t think he will have one at all.  Keeping two guys in the running back room for special only, he and Jones seems unlikely imo. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I can also see they keeping 4 tight ends and Gilliam getting the boot. He has not had much of a role on offense, and I don’t think he will have one at all.  Keeping two guys in the running back room for special only, he and Jones seems unlikely imo. 

Ehhh... playing Gilliam more late in season seemed to help Devin Singletary and rest of run game a lot.

and once our run game got going a bit we were nearly impossible to stop.

• Agree 2

8 hours ago, Kmart128 said:

Ehhh... playing Gilliam more late in season seemed to help Devin Singletary and rest of run game a lot.

and once our run game got going a bit we were nearly impossible to stop.

I don’t know about all that. Those games were against terrible teams and Gilliam still only played like 10-15% of the snaps. And I like Gilliam, but I think we are going to see a one back offense under Dorsey. It is possible they keep Reggie around, but I think it is 50/50

3 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I don’t know about all that. Those games were against terrible teams and Gilliam still only played like 10-15% of the snaps. And I like Gilliam, but I think we are going to see a one back offense under Dorsey. It is possible they keep Reggie around, but I think it is 50/50

Gilliam has STs in his favour. I think he is very unlikely to be cut. The only FB on the roster, can play some tight end and has been a critical piece on special teams. At some point before camp I will do the exercise I did last year where I look back at exactly who did what job for them on teams in 2021, because it helps you determine who plays some STs but is easily replaceable there and who has been playing the critical spots on their ST unit. Generally guys on rookie deals who have been playing key spots on ST are hard to shift off a roster. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.