Reported Bills UDFA signing - 11 signed, 3 Camp Invites *Updated* 09:32 (4 open spots)

MAJBobby

38 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Please bear in mind that size and height don't make someone a 3TDT vs a 1TDT.  When he was here, BigJ9797 at 6'6", 341 lbs was most definitely a 3TDT.

And Harrison Phillips at 6'3", 307 was definitely a 1TDT as was Star Lotulelei at 6'2", 310.

It has to do with mindset and with technique, AFAIK.

Point taken, but that reel showed more in the way of penetration than anchor, which lends more to what is asked from 3T as a disruptor. Harry had the strength and anchor but didn't have that kind of twitch to win off the snap that often or get small through the gap, diagnose and track sharply. So primarily 1T. Pat Williams did his damage shooting the A gap that way, and I wouldn't consider him a true 3T. He was just quick off the snap, and big, and strong, and could destroy the inside gaps.

It's a stretch to take a dozen plays and project the guy to begin with but it's a first impression.

Edited by Ralonzo

2 hours ago, Doc said:

It's true, you can always do more. 

That reminds me of McDermott defending his offense to the media at mid-season of 2018 when they were the lowest scoring NFL team at that point of a season since the merger.

His answer was "Would we like to score 50 points every week?  Sure."  :lol:

For perspective.......the next team that averages 38 points per game for a season will be the first.

There is a wide range of results between being the worst ever at the mid point of a season and being on pace to be the greatest ever by a ridiculously wide margin.

13 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Not that it matters much, but I just wanted to point out that NFLPA Public Salary Cap Report has Bills at 69 players (before rookies and UDFA). Last month they always listed 2 more players than Sportrac. I have no idea what is the reason but I think its worth mentioning.

https://nflpa.com/reports/public-salary-cap-report

Sportrac has 67 players + 8 rookies (i.e. 75 you mention).

Yeah added the Draft picks into the number of Contracted players. While technically it would be 67 on contract 8 draft picks 

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Yeah added the Draft picks into the number of Contracted players. While technically it would be 67 on contract 8 draft picks 

That's right and fine. But my point was that NFLPA Report I linked states that we have actually 2 MORE players on the roster (i.e. 69 not 67).

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, UKBillFan said:

Apologies, I might be blind but who's our tenth UDFA signing?

Assuming it's the Texas kid Kerstetter. Looks like this is extremely Billsy type guy; has played T and G, listed as a C, so will have position flexibility to backup on the interior at least. 9 3/4 hands though?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I could see Raheem Blackshear sticking on the Practice Squad and taking Antonio Williams spot from last season as the unofficial 4th RB.

You can find productive RB's anywhere so who knows.

We will find out if he has any wool.   Expecting 3 bags minimum.

Edited by BADOLBILZ
clarifying expected count
  • Haha (+1) 3

On 4/30/2022 at 5:53 PM, Rico said:

Throw Sherlock a bone, Max Borghi please.

WEB_Borghi_Max_WSU_07.jpg?width=1416&hei

Thats the last thing he needs 😂

On 4/30/2022 at 4:24 PM, MAJBobby said:

Like I do every year I will keep all the reported signings below. However they tend to come fast and Furious. So if you see one not listed here feel free to say it and tag me with link. Will update the main post. 

as we are in the rounds players are sitting there thinking might be better to go UDFA at this point I figured I would start the thread to be ready to start updating it. 

I know in past I loved UDFA looking for players to still contribute right away. Bills are no longer at that point but get me players with at least ONE elite trait 

RB Raheem Blackshear 

TE Jalen Wydermyer - there is a chance to make the team here  

CB Travon Fuller 

DT Prince Emili

WR Malik Williams

WR Neil Pau’u

IOL Alex Anderson 

Edge Kingsley Jonathan

WR Keith Corbin

OL Derek Kerstetter

75 on Contract (with draft picks)

10 UDFAs reportedly signed 

85 on roster (5 open spots)

Rookie Camp Invite (1)

S Jay Lenard 

for a second i thought Derek Kerstetter was Berserker 💪💪💀💀

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 4/30/2022 at 6:42 PM, Big Turk said:

Kunerow is there for his special teams ability. Highly doubtful a UDFA takes over that.

Ford...maybe but I'd be surprised if he doesn't look a lot better under Kromer than he has.

I want Ford gone because of how horrible he has been and the fact we didn't draft DK Metcalf instead. In reality id like him to succeed but i highly doubt it, a coach can only do so much.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.