Josh Allen is built for Buffalo

4 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I never called him a liar.  I do think some times in some circumstances life changes for an individual.  Yeah, he's not going to have anonymity in any NFL city, so which NFL city without that anonymity does he want to be in a few years from now?  This is a generational talent and a world is his oyster player...meaning he gets to pick whatever he wants and whatever dollar value he wants.  I hope its here.  This is my home and I have family here, but I am also tied to here.  

Would I stay here in WNY, though, if I had MY choice at whatever standard I want?

I hope he stays here, but as I responded to 716 above and as I stated in my post, I think things change.  

Btw, what if McDermott leaves?

What if the team changes?

What if Beane leaves?  

What if they don't win a Super Bowl?

What if they don't make it to a SB?

What if after a few years he really doesn't like the OC?

I know these are all what ifs, but these are all things that...kind of actually happen in sports and in life. 

What if around 2028 a Northern California  team has a s***load  of cash?

We literally gave him 350 million

And we will give it to him again

He's got at least one more contract here guaranteed... We just got von Miller here.. this is a place people want to play

The city you're in does not matter.. in fact pre draft Josh said he didn't want to go to a big city 

I understand your premise but you're just going by the lines of what a lot of superstars or Hollywood a-listers would think... You're not thinking like Josh Allen

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

He's got at least one more contract here guaranteed... We just got von Miller here.. this is a place people want to play

The city you're in does not matter.. in fact pre draft Josh said he didn't want to go to a big city 

I understand your premise but you're just going by the lines of what a lot of superstars or Hollywood a-listers would think... You're not thinking like Josh Allen

Von Miller is a superstar who left LA to come to Buffalo. McBeane has done a great job in changing the culture of this organization.

3 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Von Miller is a superstar who left LA to come to Buffalo. McBeane has done a great job in changing the culture of this organization.

I think that's part of my point

Josh Allen has said it since day one he wants to stay with one organization his entire career... Now we actually have a steady stable organization where other stars want to play 

I don't think he wants to leave here.. I think he's thanking his lucky stars he got drafted to buffalo

• Like (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Sure...probably and hopefully to all.

I agree that he is definitely here, no matter what, through 2028 and I am looking forward to every season. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

58 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Sure...probably and hopefully to all.

I agree that he is definitely here, no matter what, through 2028 and I am looking forward to every season. 

You got that right Donuts--we need to appreciate/live in the JA present as Bills fans, since we don't know what's around the next QB curtain after that--although it's not good that I basically grew into middle age between the time Kelly retired and when we fielded an impressive QB again...:beer:

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, zow2 said:

Lot's of Josh and GF Kissy photos making the rounds this offseason.  He's getting his love on.  Good for him.  That couple has it all..  (except a Super Bowl ring of course).

I hope she at least offers to pay the dinner tab every now and then, you know, just to show she could. 🧐

(I kid, I kid) 🤗

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

No, after this contract.

If Josh plays the way we all expect and stays injury free, he'll retire a Buffalo Bill.  It amazes me that you think we'd let him walk after this contract.

Are you thinking he's going to be unhappy and will want brighter lights of a bigger city?  Do you not pay attention to who Josh Allen is?

13 hours ago, The Wiz said:

video_image-XhScAMm8BJ.jpeg

it moved

8 hours ago, BillsMafi$ said:

it moved again

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

If Josh plays the way we all expect and stays injury free, he'll retire a Buffalo Bill.  It amazes me that you think we'd let him walk after this contract.

Are you thinking he's going to be unhappy and will want brighter lights of a bigger city?  Do you not pay attention to who Josh Allen is?

With all the time he spends in Cali and NYC he is basically screaming for a way out of Buffalo, obviously 🤪 (especially after he decided to sign the extension).

Edited by The Wiz
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

TPF, respectfully, that is your opinion and I would love it if it were the case.

As far the rest of it your amazement is on you, not me (😂 just kidding brother), but I mentioned the reasons why in my other posts, albeit just as examples.

and yes, people change, if for no other reason now we are seeing more and more images of Josh IN bright lights, big city, beautiful places.

He signed this contract long before his first was up, and it was really common sense for many reasons.   Absolutely he wants to stay here…

for now.

I am going to enjoy it like everyone, but the implication in the earlier posts by people was that he is going to stay here for the rest of career, which remains to be seen.

side note, why are you transplant bills fan?

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

On 4/23/2022 at 8:16 AM, Chandler#81 said:

Kelly -if we’re being honest here- was a dick. Yes, he mended his ways but he was ridiculously cocky, arrogant and a douche for many years. 
This stated, I love him as my QB.

My mother who did not follow football and absolutely hated all the 90's Bills hype on TV, used to say this "Frank Reich he's our man, throw Jim Kelly in the garbage can."  I kid you not.  Her opinion was based solely on Jim's early years demeanor in Buffalo.  I remember Thurmon Thomas going on one of those locally produced weekly Bills shows and saying as much.  During the "Bickering Bills" era, Thomas all but named Kelly as the problem on the team.  To Jim's credit, he settled down and in and it was all love there after.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

TPF, respectfully, that is your opinion and I would love it if it were the case.

As far the rest of it your amazement is on you, not me (😂 just kidding brother), but I mentioned the reasons why in my other posts, albeit just as examples.

and yes, people change, if for no other reason now we are seeing more and more images of Josh IN bright lights, big city, beautiful places.

He signed this contract long before his first was up, and it was really common sense for many reasons.   Absolutely he wants to stay here…

for now.

I am going to enjoy it like everyone, but the implication in the earlier posts by people was that he is going to stay here for the rest of career, which remains to be seen.

side note, why are you transplant bills fan?

Fair enough.  I just don't think you see teams let go of Elite QBs unless there are serious medical issues (Peyton Manning), character/legal issues (Deshaun Watson), long-lasting conflicts in terms of QB & organization (Wilson & Brady), or age (Brady & Manning).

Now, by the time Allen's current contract extension runs out he'll be 32.  We certainly can't discount the possibility of injury with the way he plays, but I don't think that's as likely as others might think because  of his natural physical build and the fact that I think we're going to start moving away from all the designed runs.  He won't be too old at 32, so that won't be a question.  Josh Allen's character is impeccable, so I can't see character or legal issues ever coming into play.

I know your reasoning earlier was all about "bright lights."  I just don't think it's a viable reason.  He's getting all the national attention he could ask for already in Buffalo.  And it's not like these guys don't travel or do commercials in the offseason.  I can't say that reason is completely impossible because anything's possible, but I'd say it'd be 1% or less that he wants to go play in a bigger market because Buffalo is too small.  That's actually rarely happened in NFL history, anyway.  QBs make their teams bigger market teams that are more nationally viable... see Brady, Mahomes, Burrow, Rodgers, Wilson (who didn't leave Seattle because it's a small market isolated in the upper northwest), etc.  Allen has already done the same for Buffalo over the last 2 years.

That leaves organizational friction as the most reasonable possibility.  But even there, as long as we have a healthyJosh Allen at QB, I would think we will be a playoff contender every single year and a Super Bowl contender most years.  That kind of success maintains organizational consistency in terms of the "big 3" in the coach, GM, and QB.  Again, I can't see that type of situation driving him out.  Never say never, but highly unlikely.

As for my name.  I moved to Hawai'i out of college when I was 23 from Rochester and have lived here for the last 18 years going on the rest of my life.  I'm a transplant to Hawai'i from the mainland.  Hence, my name.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Fair enough.  I just don't think you see teams let go of Elite QBs unless there are serious medical issues (Peyton Manning), character/legal issues (Deshaun Watson), long-lasting conflicts in terms of QB & organization (Wilson & Brady), or age (Brady & Manning).

Now, by the time Allen's current contract extension runs out he'll be 32.  We certainly can't discount the possibility of injury with the way he plays, but I don't think that's as likely as others might think because  of his natural physical build and the fact that I think we're going to start moving away from all the designed runs.  He won't be too old at 32, so that won't be a question.  Josh Allen's character is impeccable, so I can't see character or legal issues ever coming into play.

I know your reasoning earlier was all about "bright lights."  I just don't think it's a viable reason.  He's getting all the national attention he could ask for already in Buffalo.  And it's not like these guys don't travel or do commercials in the offseason.  I can't say that reason is completely impossible because anything's possible, but I'd say it'd be 1% or less that he wants to go play in a bigger market because Buffalo is too small.  That's actually rarely happened in NFL history, anyway.  QBs make their teams bigger market teams that are more nationally viable... see Brady, Mahomes, Burrow, Rodgers, Wilson (who didn't leave Seattle because it's a small market isolated in the upper northwest), etc.  Allen has already done the same for Buffalo over the last 2 years.

That leaves organizational friction as the most reasonable possibility.  But even there, as long as we have a healthyJosh Allen at QB, I would think we will be a playoff contender every single year and a Super Bowl contender most years.  That kind of success maintains organizational consistency in terms of the "big 3" in the coach, GM, and QB.  Again, I can't see that type of situation driving him out.  Never say never, but highly unlikely.

As for my name.  I moved to Hawai'i out of college when I was 23 from Rochester and have lived here for the last 18 years going on the rest of my life.  I'm a transplant to Hawai'i from the mainland.  Hence, my name.

Great post, TPF, and solid points.  Thank you, brother.

I hope Josh Allen is the longest tenured starting QB in Bills history and for the remainder of my life...not that I want to die, but if he QBs like somewhere between Aaron, Tom and Drew he could still be here in 2038 and I am not sure of my time table after that!

😅

• Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Thats strange.  Why did he go to NY ?

Why didn't he stay and party in Buffalo ?

Probably because he wanted to go out and not be the center of attention on his gfs birthday. 

Such a gentleman. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Thats strange.  Why did he go to NY ?

Why didn't he stay and party in Buffalo ?

Lol really? 

I'm as pro Buffalo as they come.. born and raised.. still here

But if I was a millionaire , I would absolutely go out to Los Angeles or New York City for my birthday or my girls

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.