TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - Completed!

Virgil

11 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Sure, it will cost a 1st if you want Gardner or Stingley. But i'm more or less talking about moving up for Booth or McDuffie, if one is the guy Beane has targeted. About half of all mocks and more than half of the simulations I've done have them both gone a few picks before 25. It wouldn't cost a 1st to move up a handful of picks. I don't see Beane just sitting on his hands and hoping his guy falls to 25.

And if we wait until Round 2 - there is most likely a large dropoff by the time 57 rolls around. We'd be lucky if McCreary were on the board. Elam and Gordon will be long gone.

I personally feel that after watching the Playoffs, they decided they needed more talent than Levi on the other side. If we wait until Round 57 or 89, we could luck out. But with the hole we have and Tre being out, I don't see that as a wise move.

Why not?  That's exactly what he did last year, sitting at 30... 

Needs: IOL, DT, LB, S

The OG1 (Zion Johnson) and DT1 (Devonte Wyatt) are both on the board and in positions of need.  I think in round 2 I have a better shot at a DT so thus..........

With the 24th selection, the Dallas Cowboys select Zion Johnson, OG, Boston College.

Johnson is a  strong and powerful run blocker. He also has the potential to move to RT if need.

The Bills and @Virgilare on the draft poll clock.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Just Joshin' said:

Needs: IOL, DT, LB, S

The OG1 (Zion Johnson) and DT1 (Devonte Wyatt) are both on the board and in positions of need.  I think in round 2 I have a better shot at a DT so thus..........

With the 24th selection, the Dallas Cowboys select Zion Johnson, OG, Boston College.

Johnson is a  strong and powerful run blocker. He also has the potential to move to RT if need.

The Bills and @Virgilare on the draft poll clock.

The right pick, no doubt.

16 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Sure, it will cost a 1st if you want Gardner or Stingley. But i'm more or less talking about moving up for Booth or McDuffie, if one is the guy Beane has targeted. About half of all mocks and more than half of the simulations I've done have them both gone a few picks before 25. It wouldn't cost a 1st to move up a handful of picks.

And if we wait until Round 2 - there is most likely a large dropoff by the time 57 rolls around. I personally feel that after watching the Playoffs, they decided they needed more talent than Levi on the other side. If we wait until Round 57 or 89, we could luck out. But with the hole we have and Tre being out, I don't see that as a wise move.

I think we’ll sign one of the several FA vets that I listed and that guy will play opposite Dane and also draft a guy like woolen, Emerson, Bryant, Taylor-Britt, Castro-fields, jobe, josh Williams, armor-Davis, McCollum, Kendrick or Taylor.  Or possibly trade up in rd 2 for Gordon, Elam or possibly woolen if one slips.  

When Beane was in Carolina he lost Josh Norman and had no corners.  With the 30th pick, he takes Vernon Butler, then drafts and starts 2nd and 3rd rd picks Bradberry and Worley.  We’ve spent a lot of money on secondary and using our best assets + trading up for one in rd 1 is too much.  Jmo

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Bills (TSW Poll) are on the clock
1 minute ago, LEBills said:

Yea may as well call it for Wilson now lol

On the board I am using he is WR1@ @ #10, so BPA.

The only other WR to consider is Dotson, WR6 @ #25 overall.

CB options are McDuffie at CB2, #12 overall.  You then drop down to Elam @45 overall.

I am on favor of a WR or CB but this is a tough board for the Bills.  Makes me think about a RB but I am a member of the "no round 1 RB club".

@Virgil The Seahawks would like to make a trade offer to the Bills. Could you include this trade in the community poll?

We would like to move from #40 to #25. In exchange we will swap our 2nds (#41 for #57) and our 3rds (#72 for #89).

Seahawks end with - #25, #57, #89 (1,195 on the draft value chart)

Bills end with - #40, #41, #72 (1,220 on the draft value chart)

1 minute ago, Just Joshin' said:

On the board I am using he is WR1@ @ #10, so BPA.

The only other WR to consider is Dotson, WR6 @ #25 overall.

CB options are McDuffie at CB2, #12 overall.  You then drop down to Elam @45 overall.

I am on favor of a WR or CB but this is a tough board for the Bills.  Makes me think about a RB but I am a member of the "no round 1 RB club".

The board has fallen very nicely for the Bills, probably better than they could expect in real life...There are at least three WRs worthy of the 25th pick (I'd prefer both Dotson and Watson to Wilson), as well as McDuffie and Dax Hill.  They might also be interested in Karlaftis or Tyler Smith at that spot.  

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

@Virgil The Seahawks would like to make a trade offer to the Bills. Could you include this trade in the community poll?

We would like to move from #40 to #25. In exchange we will swap our 2nds (#41 for #57) and our 3rds (#72 for #89).

Seahawks end with - #25, #57, #89 (1,195 on the draft value chart)

Bills end with - #40, #41, #72 (1,220 on the draft value chart)

I added a trade back option.  I'm not going to list all the specifics

Just now, mannc said:

The board has fallen very nicely for the Bills, probably better than they could expect in real life...There are at least three WRs worthy of the 25th pick (I'd prefer both Dotson and Watson to Wilson), as well as McDuffie and Dax Hill.  They might also be interested in Karlaftis or Tyler Smith at that spot.  

Why is Garret Wilson dropping?  I don't know much about him

11 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Why is Garret Wilson dropping?  I don't know much about him

You'd have to ask the people who passed on him...I think he's good, but Dotson and Watson are more explosive/athletic.  There is also a feeling that he benefitted a lot from being in the Ohio State system and played against a lot of vastly overmatched teams.  

Edited by mannc
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

If Garrett Wilson falls to 25 the Bills would be FOOLS to pass on him. Does ANYONE disagree with this? That guy is legit.

Well, other teams took other WR's ahead of him for a reason.  I agree with you, but there's clearly differing opinions

4 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

If Garrett Wilson falls to 25 the Bills would be FOOLS to pass on him. Does ANYONE disagree with this? That guy is legit.

Yes, I disagree.  I would prefer Watson or Dotson.  Both are more athletic and explosive and provide more YAC ability. I do think Wilson is good, though.

• Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, wppete said:

I mean we got to keep it semi realistic. No way Garrett Wilson falls to #25 🤦‍♂️ 

Yeah, Garrett Wilson is more often than not the 1st WR off the board. How 4 WR's went in the 1st Round and he wasn't one of them is baffling. Zero chance Chris Olave AND Treylon Burks go before Wilson.

• Agree 1

49 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I think we’ll sign one of the several FA vets that I listed and that guy will play opposite Dane and also draft a guy like woolen, Emerson, Bryant, Taylor-Britt, Castro-fields, jobe, josh Williams, armor-Davis, McCollum, Kendrick or Taylor.  Or possibly trade up in rd 2 for Gordon, Elam or possibly woolen if one slips.  

When Beane was in Carolina he lost Josh Norman and had no corners.  With the 30th pick, he takes Vernon Butler, then drafts and starts 2nd and 3rd rd picks Bradberry and Worley.  We’ve spent a lot of money on secondary and using our best assets + trading up for one in rd 1 is too much.  Jmo

Hindsight being 20-20, that was the wrong move. Bradberry worked out for the most part, Worley and Sanchez did not. But when they picked Butler they passed on Xavien Howard who is elite. The Panthers went from 15-1 to 6-10. I am not saying that it is simply because the corner position, but they had a chance to draft an elite guy and they waited (Howard has short arms!). There is a big dropoff between the first few corners and those second round guys in this draft (in my opinion) and I think with the glaring hole there and and the fifth year option, they need that first round corner.  You are getting a cheap, possibly elite guy for the length of White’s contract. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Hindsight being 20-20, that was the wrong move. Bradberry worked out for the most part, Worley and Sanchez did not. But when they picked Butler they passed on Xavien Howard who is elite. The Panthers went from 15-1 to 6-10. I am not saying that it is simply because the corner position, but they had a chance to draft an elite guy and they waited (Howard has short arms!). There is a big dropoff between the first few corners and those second round guys in this draft (in my opinion) and I think with the glaring hole there and and the fifth year option, they need that first round corner.  You are getting a cheap, possibly elite guy for the length of White’s contract. 

There is a glaring hole….because we haven’t yet signed a vet corner.

the drafting of those corners in rd two and three shows how they value the position…

passing on Howard shows how they value arm length /traits over ability 

Edited by NewEra

5 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Is that true?! That's wild, in the context of McCreary and even McDuffie a little. I KNOW Google could help me answer this quickly. But I like leaning on the perspective of fellow posters. 

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

There is a glaring hole….because we haven’t yet signed a vet corner.

the drafting of those corners in rd two and three shows how they value the position…

passing on Howard shows how they value arm length /traits over ability 

Yeah I got you, and you are very likely right. I just hope they have learned from that, at least a little. 

7 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Yeah I got you, and you are very likely right. I just hope they have learned from that, at least a little. 

Each situation is different….. the players are different.  I don’t see how they should be related.  And Howard may not have even been their highest rated corner available when they took butler. 

8 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

Is that true?! That's wild, in the context of McCreary and even McDuffie a little. I KNOW Google could help me answer this quickly. But I like leaning on the perspective of fellow posters. 

Bradberry is 33 3/8s

Daryl Worley is 33 3/8s

Tre White is 32 1/8th
Howard is 31.25

Denzel Ward is 31.25

Marshon Lattimore is 31.25

Jaire Alexander is 31 1/8th

Derek Stingley is 30 5/8s

McDuffie is 29.75

McCreary is 28 7/8s

Donte Jackson is 29.5

9 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Each situation is different….. the players are different.  I don’t see how they should be related.  And Howard may not have even been their highest rated corner available when they took butler. 

Yeah I understand what you are saying. It’s totally true. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Titans (BigdaddyinOrlando) are on the clock
3 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Yeah, Garrett Wilson is more often than not the 1st WR off the board. How 4 WR's went in the 1st Round and he wasn't one of them is baffling. Zero chance Chris Olave AND Treylon Burks go before Wilson.

I disagree with this. I think it is more likely than not that Wilson is gone by #25.... but knowing the way a lot of NFL teams look at draft prospects I think the reason a slide for Wilson isn't beyond the realm of possibility is because I think he lacks that single special trait. With Williams it is the vertical, downfield separation; Olave it is route running; Burks it is YAC; London it is contested catch ability. 

Wilson is a bit of an all arounder without having that one single trait that GMs are going to fall for. 

He is a player that it would not shock me if he goes later than the talking heads consensus. If he is the 4th or 5th receiver taken I would not be stunned. 

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I disagree with this. I think it is more likely than not that Wilson is gone by #25.... but knowing the way a lot of NFL teams look at draft prospects I think the reason a slide for Wilson isn't beyond the realm of possibility is because I think he lacks that single special trait. With Williams it is the vertical, downfield separation; Olave it is route running; Burks it is YAC; London it is contested catch ability. 

Wilson is a bit of an all arounder without having that one single trait that GMs are going to fall for. 

He is a player that it would not shock me if he goes later than the talking heads consensus. If he is the 4th or 5th receiver taken I would not be stunned. 

Apparently you don't consider speed a special trait for a WR. He ran faster than everyone you mentioned at the Combine, save for Williams, who is coming off an ACL tear. I didn't mention him anyways as it wouldn't shock me if he were the 1st WR off the board, even with the ACL tear. But there is no way Wilson is the 5th WR taken. 

Edited by BillsFanForever19

1 hour ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Apparently you don't consider speed a special trait for a WR. He ran faster than everyone you mentioned at the Combine, save for Williams, who is coming off an ACL tear. I didn't mention him anyways as it wouldn't shock me if he were the 1st WR off the board, even with the ACL tear. But there is no way Wilson is the 5th WR taken. 

I don't consider 40 times a special trait.

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I also worry about his hands with Allen throwing him the ball as drops were a problem.  When I see him run downfield I don't see that 4.38 40 time so that time suprised me a little.

• Agree 1

40 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't consider 40 times a special trait.

Speed is the one trait that they've been talking about needing all offseason. It's what our WR core is lacking on the top end. He also provides more yards after catch than Olave. I think you're seriously dismissing his traits as a prospect by saying he doesn't provide anything special.

22 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Speed is the one trait that they've been talking about needing all offseason. It's what our WR core is lacking on the top end. He also provides more yards after catch than Olave. I think you're seriously dismissing his traits as a prospect by saying he doesn't provide anything special.

Don't misunderstand me, I said in the vote thread that if the board falls like this Wilson is an easy selection for the Bills at #25. He would be the best player available by my board, premium position, position of need. Job done. My point was really to counter the argument that there is "no way" he falls to #25 and becomes the last receiver chosen. I think he more likely than not is gone before the Bills pick, all 5 of the top WRs will be for my money. But I can see a route to him being there and the reason for that is if you were to rank the consensus top 5 guys in the following categories:

- route running;

- hands;

- vertical speed;

- contested catch ability; 

- YAC ability with ball in hand;

I don't think Wilson would be #1 in any of the five. Now I also don't think he'd be #5 in any of the five either, but if the board falls in such a way as every team can marry up the selection with the guy who excels in the trait they most value then there is a route to Wilson being the 4th or 5th receiver off the board. Wilson is a good prospect, he is a solid all around receiver. I just don't know that I see the one thing that I pinpoint with him as being the thing that makes him special. 

Bringing it back to the Bills, I think their receiver board will have Williams, Olave and Wilson as the top 3 in some order. Not sure if they will have first round grades on London and Burks based on what it is that they look for... but that is speculation and new OC... so Dorsey may see things differently. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Virgil said:

True, it’s just not how we’ve done it in the past.  One of the goals is to see how accurate the Bills pick is and have multiple chances at it. 

Nope, I will list the top players at their position that rank within the top 40, minus McDuffie.  If people vote to reach for the next DB, that's up to the masses

Idiots

If there are teams in the first 10 or so picks of round 2 who wouldn't mind jumping back in to the end of round 1 for a player they are high on and to get the benefit of the 5th year option then the Green Bay Packers would listen to offers for #28. 

@Doc Brown; @frostbitmic; @Big Blitz; @wppete; @MrEpsYtown; @mannc: @HappyDays; @Philo; @CNYfan; @No_Matter_What; @Alphadawg7

Won't hold the draft up for ages waiting though. Happy to talk terms before I am on the clock.... will turn my pick in an hour after I go on the clock if no deal emerges.

1 hour ago, BigdaddyinOrlando said:

With the 26th pick in the TSW 2022 draft, the Titans have agreed to trade the pick to the Seattle Seahawks in exchange for picks 40 and 72 of the 2022 draft. This trade gives us an extra pick in the top 100. 
@HappyDays and the Seahawks are now on the clock.

Did I miss a PM?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.