TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - Completed!

Virgil

The Falcons have to make an appointment and having not received approval regarding a trade request will draft the top player on their board Kyle Hamilton S Notre Dame so they do not go over the time limit.  

The Falcons need everything and would have liked to trade back to amass more picks.  The QB value is not here in their minds so the pick the best football player on the Board.   WR is deep and they can shore that up later.    

The Seahawks @HappyDays are on the clock

• Haha (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

The Falcons have to make an appointment and having not received approval regarding a trade request will draft the top player on their board Kyle Hamilton S Notre Dame so they do not go over the time limit.  

The Falcons need everything and would have liked to trade back to amass more picks.  The QB value is not here in their minds so the pick the best football player on the Board.   WR is deep and they can shore that up later.    

The Seahawks @HappyDays are on the clock

I was on a work call and the trade is now approved.  @HappyDaysplease disregard being on the clock.

KC Offers picks 

29- 640

30- 620

94- 124

135- 38.5

Total points 1442.5

To receive

8- 1400

151- 29.4

213- - 4.6

Total points-1434

The Chiefs @NewEraare on the clock

• Haha (+1) 1

With the 8th pick in the 2022 NFL draft, Kansas City Chiefs select, Breece…..*cough*, I mean Jermaine Johnson, DE, Florida St.

We had a thorough write up put together but safari decided not to save it after such a lengthy approval process.  Headed to the airport so I don’t be doing that again.  

Beefing up the pass rush was our #1 priority and identified 4 DEs with elite potential.  With 3 of them off the board, we felt that the risk was worth the reward as Johnson has the potential to be the best pass rusher in the draft.  While this draft has some nice pass rush depth, the guy we would have targeted @ 29, Boye Mafe, may not even be there.  Frank Clark is on the downside and we Johnson will take the torch and be our sack leader for a decade+

@HappyDays is now on the clock

• Shocked 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Seahawks (HappyDays) are on the clock
2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

With the 8th pick in the 2022 NFL draft, Kansas City Chiefs select, Breece…..*cough*, I mean Jermaine Johnson, DE, Florida St.

We had a thorough write up put together but safari decided not to save it after such a lengthy approval process.  Headed to the airport so I don’t be doing that again.  

Beefing up the pass rush was our #1 priority and identified 4 DEs with elite potential.  With 3 of them off the board, we felt that the risk was worth the reward as Johnson has the potential to be the best pass rusher in the draft.  While this draft has some nice pass rush depth, the guy we would have targeted @ 29, Boye Mafe, may not even be there.  Frank Clark is on the downside and we Johnson will take the torch and be our sack leader for a decade+

@HappyDays is now on the clock

Okay, I think I updated the main page correctly.

On a side note, I am shocked you went DE here.  I was convinced you were going S or WR here. 

• Haha (+1) 1

With the 9th selection, the Seattle Seahawks select Trevor Penning, OL, Northern Iowa.

We spent nearly a decade watching Russell Wilson run around in the backfield because we never got the OL right. We won't put Drew Lock in the same position. We think Trevor Penning could be our franchise LT for the next 10+ years and he brings an attitude that has been missing from this OL.

The Jets @Big Blitz is on the clock.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Jets (Big Blitz) are on the clock
5 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Okay, I think I updated the main page correctly.

On a side note, I am shocked you went DE here.  I was convinced you were going S or WR here. 

Can’t trade up for a safety.

we likely would have taken a Wr with the 30th pick, but didn’t feel there are any elite WR prospects in this draft worth trading 2 first round picks and a 2nd for.  I think Johnson has elite ability and pass rush is much more important than WR for this team….imo of course 

Edited by NewEra

For all trades, please make sure to PM me with both involved trade parties

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

With the 9th selection, the Seattle Seahawks select Trevor Penning, OL, Northern Iowa.

We spent nearly a decade watching Russell Wilson run around in the backfield because we never got the OL right. We won't put Drew Lock in the same position. We think Trevor Penning could be our franchise LT for the next 10+ years and he brings an attitude that has been missing from this OL.

The Jets @Big Blitz is on the clock.

Thank you for reaching 😝.  I now haven't made the biggest reach of the draft (according to ESPN player rankings)

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Thank you for reaching 😝.  I now haven't made the biggest reach of the draft (according to ESPN player rankings)

If I wanted to be the real Seahawks GM I'd reach for a 2nd round defensive player, but I restrained myself to a small reach down the board. Plus I could see teams liking Penning more than Cross after his showing at the Senior Bowl. The only knock on him was small school competition and he put that concern to rest.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, NewEra said:

we likely would have taken a Wr with the 30th pick, but didn’t feel there are any elite WR prospects in this draft worth trading 2 first round picks and a 2nd for.  I think Johnson has elite ability and pass rush is much more important than WR for this team….imo of course 

Honestly, as a Bills fan, I hope this trade happens.  I don't like the idea of the Chiefs having 4 picks in the first two rounds.  So them getting rid of two on a guy who doesn't help replace Hill makes me happy.

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Honestly, as a Bills fan, I hope this trade happens.  I don't like the idea of the Chiefs having 4 picks in the first two rounds.  So them getting rid of two on a guy who doesn't help replace Hill makes me happy.

I hear ya, i might too.  I just wanted to address the biggest need with an elite prospect and don’t feel there are any elite pass rushers after Johnson.  If Johnson turns out to be an all pro, we wouldn’t like this at all. 

Some feel that Johnson is a top 20 type pick.  If that’s the case, it’s a bad trade for KC.  I think he’s a top 10 type talent.  

Edited by NewEra

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I hear ya, i might too.  I just wanted to address the biggest need with an elite prospect and don’t feel there are any elite pass rushers after Johnson.  If Johnson turns out to be an all pro, we wouldn’t like this at all. 

The only point I take issue with is he is already 23. Does he do two full contracts? 

I agree if you strike Ojabo off the board (some might) then there is a drop off after Johnson

Everyone,

I am going to be away from my laptop for the next 3 hours.

If a trade needs to occur, please make sure the trade points value at a minimum.  If that's the case, go ahead and post it and then make the pick.  Please don't do something stupid that needs to be undone later

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The only point I take issue with is he is already 23. Does he do two full contracts? 

I agree if you strike Ojabo off the board (some might) then there is a drop off after Johnson

Ojabo was a consideration for sure.  Achilles is the one injury that just scares me  more than the others and the chiefs are still all in on winning the SB next year.  Not having that pass rusher next season would limit the chances.

Where is Johnson on your big board? 

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Ojabo was a consideration for sure.  Achilles is the one injury that just scares me  more than the others and the chiefs are still all in on winning the SB next year.  Not having that pass rusher next season would limit the chances.

Where is Johnson on your big board? 

Not got it in front of me.... but yea in the teens. 

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I’m pretty sure the actual Chiefs would never consider trading those picks in order to draft a defensive end…They will use at least one, if not both, firsts on a WR…

5 minutes ago, mannc said:

I’m pretty sure the actual Chiefs would never consider trading those picks in order to draft a defensive end…They will use at least one, if not both, firsts on a WR…

Cool.  I agree. I knew the backlash the trade would receive….it’s a mock for fun and I’d just like to see how it works out.  Do you think that WR is a bigger need than DE for them?

Again, if Johnson turns out to be a pass rushing demon like I think he will, I doubt they would regret it. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.