Matt Barkley Back? (Yep! deal not yet known)

DrDawkinstein

28 minutes ago, ngbills said:

There has got to be a Fitz or similar that does not care about cash at this point and just wants a ring. 

Fitz wants to be a starter he isn;t coming here. Thank God for that! As he is a starter qb injury jinx. Don;t want that bad  juju on Allen.

• Sad 1

I understand things can happen but Josh is the most durable QB in the NFL and hasn't missed a start in over 3 seasons running amok with reckless abandon against opposing defenses. 

Insurance is needed but whether it's Barkley or Fitz, it probably won't matter.

I get the love for Fitz but come on. 

He was out all season last year with a hip injury/surgery and is 39.

People were complaining about signing a 32y old von Miller and you want to sign a guy with a walker as your back up qb?

Edited by The Wiz
  • Eyeroll 1

Just now, billsbackto81 said:

I understand things can happen but Josh is the most durable QB in the NFL and hasn't missed a start in over 3 seasons running amok with reckless abandon against opposing defenses. 

Insurance is needed but whether it's Barkley or Fitz, it probably won't matter.

Fitz isn’t a back up mentor, he’s a jinxy voodoo curse. No thanks not now, not ever 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

This would not surprise me.  The Bills are not going to spend significant dollars on a back up QB.  Fitz made $10 mil last year.  Mariotta would be in that same range.  I thought Kyle Allen made some sense but he is gone.  Slim pickings out there with cheap contracts.  

Edited by FLFan

I don't personally feel it will matter who we have as our backup qb as we have enough offensive weapons and a great defense to keep us in and win games. Just rely on a heavy run and run option and let the defense keep us in those games.

Just now, The Wiz said:

I get the love for Fitz but come on. 

He was out all season last year with a hip injury and is 39.

People were complaining about signing a 32y old von Miller and you want to sign a guy with a walker as your back up qb?

Because in a backup QB you want a guy who can come in a game late and win you a game or can start a game or 2 and win for you too. I think Fitz fits the mold, Andy Dalton too. 

36 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

That is probably it

I wouldn't be surprised if we get someone like Mayfield, Marriotta, gabbert ,Winston, Brissett, Smith, or  or someone else on a prove it deal similar to trubisky.

When the music starts to stop the chairs become sparse. 

Even Dalton is only 34

Edited by Boyst62

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.