Matt Barkley Back? (Yep! deal not yet known)

DrDawkinstein

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

By all accounts, Webb is a great athlete, highly intelligent and was like an actual extra coach for the Bills---and they still felt they didn't have a spot in the organization for 2022. 

Barkley?....well he's pals with JA. 3 different teams last season found no value in his "locker room help" to be worth keeping on their PS. 

By your own logic, it would have made far more sense to keep Webb than to bring back Barkley.  Swapping those 2 makes a lot of sense to you?

We didn’t swap Davis Webb for Barkley.  Davis Webb made a decision to leave Buffalo to have a chance to continue his career as a QB. It had nada to do with Buffalo choosing barkley, Webb CHOSE to leave. 

I’d have rather had a Davis Webb back because he’s more athletic.

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

We didn’t swap Davis Webb for Barkley.  Davis Webb made a decision to leave Buffalo to have a chance to continue his career as a QB. It had nada to do with Buffalo choosing barkley, Webb CHOSE to leave. 

I’d have rather had a Davis Webb back because he’s more athletic.

Taylor's signing means Webb's career as QB won't advance in NYG.  Webb knew he wouldn't be there #2 after FA started.  Given that he surely knew this, I'm sure he would have entertained staying with a winning organization and maybe get a ring.

Anyway, why would the Bills let a guy with all those attributes even as a PS guy  go and then weeks later, be considering bringing a guy like   Barkley in that same role? Why would Daboll pick Webb for his "locker room help" and not Barkley?  Clearly  the only reason left to have any interest in MB at this point is that he's JA's pal.  And as I first said, it's not a reason you pay a guy. 

15 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Taylor's signing means Webb's career as QB won't advance in NYG.  Webb knew he wouldn't be there #2 after FA started.  Given that he surely knew this, I'm sure he would have entertained staying with a winning organization and maybe get a ring.

Anyway, why would the Bills let a guy with all those attributes even as a PS guy  go and then weeks later, be considering bringing a guy like   Barkley in that same role? Why would Daboll pick Webb for his "locker room help" and not Barkley?  Clearly  the only reason left to have any interest in MB at this point is that he's JA's pal.  And as I first said, it's not a reason you pay a guy. 

Webb chose NYG before Taylor joined.  He said that the bills offered him a coaching job to mentor josh but he declined because he wanted to continue his qb career.  He turned us down because he didn’t want to be a coach and wanted to continue to try and play.  

I don’t know the answer to any of the questions you asked.  Either do you.  But you can pretend to know that the only reason barkley would be back is because he’s friends with josh.  When was the last time you sat in a room with josh and Matt and watched them dissect film?  Barkley has been in the nfl for almost a decade….and he has no mobility….a questionable arm and meh accuracy.  Taking that into consideration, one would assume he knows how to study film we’ll,  read defenses and other intricacies of being an nfl qb.  Not just being a best friend

• Like (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Webb chose NYG before Taylor joined.  He said that the bills offered him a coaching job to mentor josh but he declined because he wanted to continue his qb career.  He turned us down because he didn’t want to be a coach and wanted to continue to try and play.  

I don’t know the answer to any of the questions you asked.  Either do you.  But you can pretend to know that the only reason barkley would be back is because he’s friends with josh.  When was the last time you sat in a room with josh and Matt and watched them dissect film?  Barkley has been in the nfl for almost a decade….and he has no mobility….a questionable arm and meh accuracy.  Taking that into consideration, one would assume he knows how to study film we’ll,  read defenses and other intricacies of being an nfl qb.  Not just being a best friend

Webb certainly knew, before the Giants offered him a futures/reserve contract, that they were going to sign someone else as backup.  He will be on their PS, so, yeah, that is continuing his QB career.  

And first of all, Mitch Trubisky is Josh's new best friend.  Second,  no, I haven't seen Matt Barkley (6 seasons is not "almost a decade") dissect  film, but I'm going to go way out on a limb and conclude that Keenum, a guy now 10 seasons (which is actually a decade) in the NFL with 64 starts on 6 teams in both Conferences will be able dissect film and share with Josh how he has actually prepared to play opponents as a starter, far better than terminal scrub Barkley.

I mean did I really even have to type that? 

So he doesn't even bring value there.

Edited by Mr. WEO

17 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Webb certainly knew, before the Giants offered him a futures/reserve contract, that they were going to sign someone else as backup.  He will be on their PS, so, yeah, that is continuing his QB career.  

And first of all, Mitch Trubisky is Josh's new best friend.  Second,  no, I haven't seen Matt Barkley (6 seasons is not "almost a decade") dissect  film, but I'm going to go way out on a limb and conclude that Keenum, a guy now 10 seasons (which is actually a decade) in the NFL with 64 starts on 6 teams in both Conferences will be able dissect film and share with Josh how he has actually prepared to play opponents as a starter, far better than terminal scrub Barkley.

Dude... we're talking about the Practice Squad QB. His job is to be another arm in Training Camp, Pre-Season, practice throughout the season, and be another set of eyes in the QB room You're going on this rampage about a guy who is NEVER going to see the field during the regular season.

We're surely paying him as little money as humanly possible and what are you expecting for that role? Were you a massive Davis Webb fan who felt he offered that much more? He had this very role last season for other teams. And there's no guarantee he's even going to be the only QB on the PS as we spent most of last season with Davis Webb and Jake Fromm there. Might still be another late round pick or UDFA.

Man, if this is that important to you, I'd hate to see your opinions on who the team chooses to be their 9th Offensive Lineman or 6th Linebacker on the 53.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

9 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Dude... we're talking about the Practice Squad QB. His job is to be another arm in Training Camp, Pre-Season, practice throughout the season, and be another set of eyes in the QB room You're going on this rampage about a guy who is NEVER going to see the field during the regular season.

We're surely paying him as little money as humanly possible and what are you expecting for that role? Were you a massive Davis Webb fan who felt he offered that much more? He had this very role last season for other teams. And there's no guarantee he's even going to be the only QB on the PS as we spent most of last season with Davis Webb and Jake Fromm there. Might still be another late round pick or UDFA.

RELAX.

you got that right.

6 seasons?  How do you figure?  “Matt barkley has been in the NFL for close to a decade” ……and that’s the point you decide to debate?  Bwhahaha.  

let me guess….you googled him and looked at this https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BarkMa00.htm.

not realizing that they only keep track of games played….not years on rosters and in the nfl like I had said.  He’s been in the league much closer to 10 years than 6.  #additionishard

• Haha (+1) 1

On 3/19/2022 at 4:32 PM, Mr. WEO said:

Yet Matt Barkley was signed so he can be Josh Allens best friend again. ❤️ 💙  another obviously blunder by Beane

• Haha (+1) 3

On 3/19/2022 at 7:32 PM, Mr. WEO said:

far better than terminal scrub Barkley.

What did Matt Barkley do to you?

A great locker room guy that will be QB3. He might not even be on the 53, they may put him on the PS (depending on what those rules are like this year, I dont know at this time what that looks like).

If you want to argue not having to use that roster position on a QB3 or having some type of rookie development guy, I hear yeah, but why the hate on Barkley? Should he decline and not sign with the Bills? I mean he cant force himself on the team, the team has to sign him. MB: "Sorry, a person on TBD message board has declared that I am a "terminal scrub", so therefore I must decline your offer of being on the team."

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Yet Matt Barkley was signed so he can be Josh Allens best friend again. ❤️ 💙  another obviously blunder by Beane

"hey Josh---want me to dissect summa that Jets film for you??"

"Nah, bro--me and Case got it.  Can you grab us coupla Cherry Blade Lemonade Bangs, yo?"

"You got it Josh!!"

2 minutes ago, letsgoteam said:

A great locker room guy that will be QB3. He might not even be on the 53, they may put him on the PS (depending on what those rules are like this year, I dont know at this time what that looks like).

If you want to argue not having to use that roster position on a QB3 or having some type of rookie development guy, I hear yeah, but why the hate on Barkley? Should he decline and not sign with the Bills? I mean he cant force himself on the team, the team has to sign him. MB: "Sorry, a person on TBD message board has declared that I am a "terminal scrub", so therefore I must decline your offer of being on the team."

I don't "hate" him.  I just don't see the value of him on the team at this point.  I've said so and why 4 times now.  

Keep up.

3 minutes ago, letsgoteam said:

He didn’t do anything to him, he just likes to argue stupid points.

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

"hey Josh---want me to dissect summa that Jets film for you??"

"Nah, bro--me and Case got it.  Can you grab us coupla Cherry Blade Lemonade Bangs, yo?"

"You got it Josh!!"

Yet you’re wrong…..yet again

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

wrong about what?  It's my opinion that be doesn't bring much.  They signed him.  

He's not the first dud signing they have made in 4 years.

That he was only brought in to be josh’s friend. Beane is an nfl GM not team captain on the playground.  

• Like (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.