Deshaun Watson to Browns - $230 million guaranteed

Draconator

2 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Its a good point but 2 out of 3 sexual assaults never get reported.  Its probably harder for woman when its against a celebrity of his status, so the statistic is probably even worse for that.  Personally I believe something happened.  

No disagreement here. They always say “where there’s smoke…” I typed out above what I believe happened, at least the initial contact, I’m just unsure the resolution, whether it was rape/assault, or women who took money in exchange. And of course even if they took the money they could still feel dirty and uncomfortable about it. 

30 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

No disagreement here. They always say “where there’s smoke…” I typed out above what I believe happened, at least the initial contact, I’m just unsure the resolution, whether it was rape/assault, or women who took money in exchange. And of course even if they took the money they could still feel dirty and uncomfortable about it. 

bourdieu-jesus.gif

1 hour ago, eball said:

Do yourself a favor and stop posting on this topic before you embarrass yourself even more than you already have.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Warcodered said:

bourdieu-jesus.gif

Love how you, eball, and others of your ilk roam around with your “oh look, there’s someone to accuse!” rhetoric. Do yourself a favor and abstain from these conversations. You don’t know any more than I know. JFC.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Vick served his time, paid for the dog abuse survivors to get ongoing care and therapy, and did his community service.

Vick is a disgusting excuse for a human. He tortured and killed dogs and funded a dog torturing ring. I don’t care that he served his time. It will always disgust me that he is employed by a network. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Yep… fans are acting like Watsons the only ***** bag in the NFL… there are a ton of them. All around the league… and some are really good and successful at football.

Watson may be a piece of *****. But he’s a hell of a football player and he will make the Browns a threat to win the conference… assuming he picks up where he left off.

Yup.  Behind that line and that run game, he’s in a great spot to pick up right where he left off.  Bargain for the browns.  

2 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

My guess - and it’s only that, a guess - is that Deshaun used Instagram to find attractive masseuses, booked appts, then used his money/fame to prey on the girls for sexual acts. Did he rape or sexually assault any of these women? Or were they complicit and paid well for their time? None of us know exactly what happened. My read into the situation could be completely off as well. 

The women in question were massage therapists, some of them licensed massage therapists, not "masseuses" giving "happy endings".   

Here is a story from a woman who is NOT part of the lawsuit.  I heard an interview Mina Kimes did with Jenny Vrentas and Vrentas explained that she had reached out to Houston-area massage therapists as information gathering, trying to learn about their business, how they found clients, what was typical for a massage session- and when she mentioned Deshaun Watson this story came out.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/03/29/first-hand-story-of-deshaun-watson-inappropriate-behavior-not-in-lawsuit

There's probably a lot of coverage online which would be more productive if interested than re-hashing here.  My understanding is that most of the cases involved what in Texas law is called "Indecent Conduct", not Sexual Assault. 

None of us know what happened, but you seem to lack knowledge of the "facts of the case" that are publicly available, such as the actual accusations Watson is facing.  Wouldn't it be more logical and open-minded to familiarize with them first, then form your "guess" or "take" afterwards?

• Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

Vick is a disgusting excuse for a human. He tortured and killed dogs and funded a dog torturing ring. I don’t care that he served his time. It will always disgust me that he is employed by a network. 

As someone else said, some people have never gotten over Vick.  I understand your viewpoint and you're entitled to it.

My point, for those comparing Watson and Vick, is that Vick did go through financial, criminal justice, and NFL consequences - whether or not you find them adequate or consider them to have "closed" the issue for you.

Watson has just been rewarded.  No consequences.

58 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The women in question were massage therapists, some of them licensed massage therapists, not "masseuses" giving "happy endings".   

Here is a story from a woman who is NOT part of the lawsuit.  I heard an interview Mina Kimes did with Jenny Vrentas and Vrentas explained that she had reached out to Houston-area massage therapists as information gathering, trying to learn about their business, how they found clients, what was typical for a massage session- and when she mentioned Deshaun Watson this story came out.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/03/29/first-hand-story-of-deshaun-watson-inappropriate-behavior-not-in-lawsuit

There's probably a lot of coverage online which would be more productive if interested than re-hashing here.  My understanding is that most of the cases involved what in Texas law is called "Indecent Conduct", not Sexual Assault. 

None of us know what happened, but you seem to lack knowledge of the "facts of the case" that are publicly available, such as the actual accusations Watson is facing.  Wouldn't it be more logical and open-minded to familiarize with them first, then form your "guess" or "take" afterwards?

Thanks for the article, it was informative. I did say I knew little about the case, except the broad picture. And according to that picture I was sure Watson was, at a minimum, a sleaze ball.
The problem I had was posters here saying unequivocally how he was a serial rapist or assaulter as though they were in the room with Watson and the therapists. And when I questioned some aspects of that broad picture, was told I was “victim shaming,” which was ridiculous.
I have little doubt there were many situations like “Mary’s” where Watson was engaging in indecent conduct, I believe her. But I can’t jump aboard the “criminal” train and call Watson those heavy names - just because others are doing it - without knowing them to be true. 

Edited by JayBaller10

9 hours ago, HappyDays said:

They gave a fully guaranteed $230 million contract?? That is totally insane. Thank god we extended Allen when we did.

I can’t believe this garbage of a human being will be getting paid more then Josh !!

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Putin said:

I can’t believe this garbage of a human being will be getting paid more then Josh !!

What I cringed at was making his 2022 base salary $1M so that a potential suspension ducks the chunk of his money. Really, Cleveland?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I'm sure I'm not saying anything new here but the situation is just gross.  Yeah, there are a lot of scumbags in the NFL, but that doesn't change the fact that at best the Browns just hired a creepy pervert to be the face of their franchise. 

The contract is absolutely bonkers too.  It makes Allen again look like a steal by comparison, and I don't think there's any way that Watson is going to be worth what was given up and the guaranteed money.  I don't blame anybody who jumps ship from being a Browns fan.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JayBaller10 said:

What I cringed at was making his 2022 base salary $1M so that a potential suspension ducks the chunk of his money. Really, Cleveland?

They already showed who they were just by meeting with him.  I see no difference between them and the other three teams that courted him.  Cleveland was just willing to take on the most risk apparently.

Back to football...the funny thing is before all of this I would say Cleveland was the 4th best team in the AFC North. Now they are maybe the 3rd best team in the North, not even top 5 in the AFC let alone the NFL. Was it worth it? Unless they win a Superbowl I'd say definitely not. Feels like they sold their soul for 2 more wins.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.