Deshaun Watson to Browns - $230 million guaranteed

Draconator

12 minutes ago, Poleshifter said:

This is the one thing I thought Baker was really good at. He is pretty funny in those ads.

Well, since Progressive may ditch it's Baker at home campaign, maybe the stadium can reinvent itself as Deshaun's Massage Envy home ads.

Edited by Carmel Corn
  • Haha (+1) 1

Don't be surprised to see some of the Browns sponsors distance themselves from the franchise.

There will be non-football fans pressuring companies like Progressive, First Energy, and the like to break their sponsorship deals.  It will be interesting to see how this evolves...

5 minutes ago, sullim4 said:

Don't be surprised to see some of the Browns sponsors distance themselves from the franchise.

There will be non-football fans pressuring companies like Progressive, First Energy, and the like to break their sponsorship deals.  It will be interesting to see how this evolves...

yes it will.... pass the popcorn.

This is just like the move "draft day".

Except the Browns gave up more than just 3 1st round picks, picked up a QB that ever in their fan base apparently hates and paid him $230 million instead of riding with the guy that you had.

I think that's pretty close.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Sestak4ever said:

I don't believe Stefanski is a very good coach, even though the media builds him up. His game management is poor. I don't think this works out well for Cleveland. They are not getting much for Mayfield. Time will tell.

Still complete BS he won COTY over McD in 2020. Browns stole our shine that year. 

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I honestly don't think that's true.

Ball velocity numbers (MPH) from the Combine:

60 - Mahomes
59 - Webb
56 - Kizer
55 - Trubisky, Evans
53 - Peterman, Kaaya
49 - Watson

He’s obviously overcome this so far in his career but he’s also played at least 70% of his games in a dome or warm weather venue.  That’s gonna change in Cleveland and the AFC North.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Wiz said:

This is just like the move "draft day".

Except the Browns gave up more than just 3 1st round picks, picked up a QB that ever in their fan base apparently hates and paid him $230 million instead of riding with the guy that you had.

I think that's pretty close.

didn't they stick with there QB in draft day instead of drafting the one with character issues?

3 hours ago, Sestak4ever said:

I don't believe Stefanski is a very good coach, even though the media builds him up. His game management is poor. I don't think this works out well for Cleveland. They are not getting much for Mayfield. Time will tell.

If they get a 5th rounder for him at this point I would be shocked.  They are gonna get raked over the coals by every team that needs a QB to get rid of Baker.  

1 minute ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Ball velocity numbers (MPH) from the Combine:

60 - Mahomes
59 - Webb
56 - Kizer
55 - Trubisky, Evans
53 - Peterman, Kaaya
49 - Watson

He’s obviously overcome this so far in his career but he’s also played at least 70% of his games in a dome or warm weather venue.  That’s gonna change in Cleveland and the AFC North.  

I'm not sure what the MPH sweepstakes tell us, but for comparison, do you know what were Mac Jones and Burrows' numbers?  Or Herbert?

When I watch (say) Mac Jones throw, I'm like "wow, that ball's taking its time to get there".

I don't see that with Watson, or at least I didn't last time I saw him play. 

4 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

didn't they stick with there QB in draft day instead of drafting the one with character issues?

That's what I said.  I think either you misinterpreted it or I've had enough beer already (or we both have).

EDIT:  Yea, I said spending 230 instead of riding with the guy you already have.

Edited by The Wiz

1 minute ago, The Wiz said:

If they get a 5th rounder for him at this point I would be shocked.  They are gonna get raked over the coals by every team that needs a QB to get rid of Baker.  

Baker has 3 strikes against him:

1) he's coming off a down year and had off-season surgery

2) he's only signed for 1 year

3) he's got a fully guaranteed cash contract for that 1 year

1) and 2) make him less valuable and 3) makes him harder to fit in a team's cap.

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Baker has 3 strikes against him:

1) he's coming off a down year and had off-season surgery

2) he's only signed for 1 year

3) he's got a fully guaranteed cash contract for that 1 year

1) and 2) make him less valuable and 3) makes him harder to fit in a team's cap.

I feel like you misunderstood what I meant.  If they get a 5th rounder for him, I would be shocked because the team that traded for him overpaid.

2 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

That's what I said.  I think either you misinterpreted it or I've had enough beer already (or we both have).

EDIT:  Yea, I said spending 230 instead of riding with the guy you already have.

Okay now I see it, that movie stretched suspension of disbelief portraying the Browns as competent.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.