Deshaun Watson to Browns - $230 million guaranteed

Draconator

10 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I’m not disagreeing.  I’m saying we don’t know.  The fact that they didn’t push trial for him does at least show there’s gaps in the accusations. 

What can be proved in a criminal case and what is quite possibly true when it comes to sexual assault are two very different things, as many, many women could no doubt explain to you in detail.  Any man with 22 sexual assault allegations against him is very likely guilty of being an absolute dirtbag at the very least.  Personally, as crappy as this sounds, I wish him and the Browns all the worst.  The whole situation is disgusting to me.  

• Like (+1) 10
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, boater said:

They're laughing all the way to the Draft Talent Bank.

it will be interesting to see how they handle all that draft capital.  What are the odds they screw it up? haha. Im kind of aghast at the whole thing actually........glad it isn't my teams debacle bottom line

3 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

He's available because of his baggage which isn't limited to the assault charges.  

He thinks he's bigger then the game and the teams he plays for.  He wasn't consulted on the new GM?  Yea you're 24 and have won NOTHING as a pro.  If you're picking GMs why don't you just call all the shots Deshaun.  

He's a prick.  

To be fair they told him he would be.

3 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

He's available because of his baggage which isn't limited to the assault charges.  

He thinks he's bigger then the game and the teams he plays for.  He wasn't consulted on the new GM?  Yea you're 24 and have won NOTHING as a pro.  If you're picking GMs why don't you just call all the shots Deshaun.  

He's a prick.  

I don’t know him.  I don’t know the shenanigans he’s involved in.  The NFL is a business of winning football games.  Watson will be doing that 

9 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

He's a prick.  

Deshaun is the last guy Cleveland needed at this point. Cleveland needed to be in rebuild mode after Mayfield proved to be a bust. It’s not wise to go from one QB with questionable character to another with dubious character. Championship teams have real leadership, and the Browns keep polluting the locker room. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, 13 Second Prevent Defense said:

That contract is sick.  Obviously that is what turned things in the browns favor.   And he won’t lose much in a suspension since the salary is one million…

Best part about it is the pressure because there is ZERO chance he's staying at the end of it.  

Going into year 5 is going to be a problem 

They have 4 years, no cap room, Amari Cooper, and no picks to get it done.   

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Haha (+1) 2

I heard this all before with the Browns.... They just signed OBJ, SB..... They just signed Deshaun Watson...SB.  Not only does Watson have the heat of all the fans revolting on him, now he has to make playoffs at the very least to even justify that contract and will have to fix the roster without a 1st round draft pick 3 years in a row or at least 2 years in a row (I believe they'll recoup a 1st for Mayfield), oh and he'll be hearing sexual assault for a very long time from every rival team, that is a huge weight on his shoulders and he hasn't played in 2 years and could be suspended by the NFL, I'll believe it when I see it!

49 minutes ago, Motor26 said:

I thought for sure when Watson was there in the 2017 draft the Bills would pick him. So glad they didn’t and got a guy who lives and breathes Buffalo. No way Watson or Mahomes would fit in the city like Josh does. Can’t wait for him to bring us the Super Bowl we’ve all been waiting for!

Wait till your heart broken and he wants his second contract in California where he's from.

• Eyeroll 1

Cleveland fans on Browns Wire seem less than thrilled. 3 1st round picks +  is beyond mortgaging the future, plus the real details of Watson's "peculiarities" have not even come out in any courtroom (Which they will). The worst is yet to come. Since the $230M is guaranteed, the Browns are on the hook either way. Been a lot of positive posts here about this being a good move by the Browns. Pretty odd given the circumstances and so many individuals involved. One wonders if Watson was up for possible murder charges, if that would have even mattered? It really is a QB driven league.... At all costs evidently.                

• Like (+1) 2

From a football perspective, it just makes the AFC North as much of a dogfight as the AFC West, and improves the Bills’ yearly chances at the #1 seed that much more.

I don’t understand why Watson would rather join that AFC street fight every year than dominate the NFC in a dome. I’m guessing the answer is $$$.

More importantly, aside from football: this is gross from every angle. The Browns went about it in a gross way. The fact that they said they wanted “an adult at QB” and then chose WATSON of all people is gross. Paying as much in draft capital and money for someone with 22 sexual harassment/assault cases pending against him is gross. Watson pleading the fifth and then talking about how glad he was that “the truth came out” is gross. He himself is gross. The NFL and it’s media arms’ coverage of all this is gross. If I were a Browns fan before, I wouldn’t be now. Gross.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.