Deshaun Watson to Browns - $230 million guaranteed

Draconator

41 minutes ago, Sharky7337 said:

Wait till your heart broken and he wants his second contract in California where he's from.

Lol you’re delusional if you think he’s going to get signed by another team. When’s the last time a franchise QB has been signed as a free agent? Besides Brady, who for some reason the Pats were cool with letting walk, every star QB gets traded. If things go terribly south and the Bills don’t get to or win a SuperBowl before Allen’s contract is up, and he wants out. They’d just trade him for a bunch of draft assets. 

3 first round picks, a 3rd round pick and a 4th round pick.   Cleveland gets Watson and a 5th round pick...   WOW.   IDIOTS

ESPN

The Browns and Texans are still finalizing the trade compensation, but the Texans are expected to receive three first-round picks, a third-round pick and a fourth-round pick while sending a fifth-round pick back to Cleveland along with Watson, league sources told ESPN.

The Browns are also set to give Watson a new five-year, $230 million contract, sources told Schefter. He would receive $184 million over the first four years of his new contract -- a $48 million raise over what he was scheduled to make under his current contract.

Edited by gordong

3 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

He’ll need the extra money to pay off his victims.

Due to my job im well aware of how easy it is to indict someone. It doesnt take much at all. Not to get political, but not being able to indict Watson in TEXAS of all places, on any of the charges, leads me to believe the allegations were quite overblown if not downright false.

If we can move past the dog killer Vick we can get past Watson saying “hey wanna see this rocket?”

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

Not to get political, but not being able to indict Watson in TEXAS of all places, on any of the charges, leads me to believe the allegations were quite overblown if not downright false.

Not to get political, but Texas isn't exactly known for treating women well. 

• Agree 2

So we’re all in agreement - the dildos come out at the Browns game now, right?

Unbelieveable. He’s obviously chosen Cleveland for the money. If the Bills pulled this, I’d boycott the team until the guy was gone and the GM/coach were fired. I have to imagine there is a contingent of Cleveland fans that feel the same way.

Goodell can’t be happy that Watson is one of the highest paid players in the league.

10 minutes ago, Shake_My_Head said:

He may actually have to take that Browns stadium groundskeeping / maintenance job from his Progressive commercials.

Not for nothing but those ads are dead now, and somehow I doubt they're in much of a hurry to have Watson pick up where Mayfield left off there.

1 minute ago, sullim4 said:

So we’re all in agreement - the dildos come out at the Browns game now, right?

Unbelieveable. He’s obviously chosen Cleveland for the money. If the Bills pulled this, I’d boycott the team until the guy was gone and the GM/coach were fired. I have to imagine there is a contingent of Cleveland fans that feel the same way.

Goodell can’t be happy that Watson is one of the highest paid players in the league.

61kARsMJ-+L._AC_SL1369_.jpg

seems more appropriate.

• Haha (+1) 1

I don’t know why the Texans didn’t swap for Mayfield and a little less in picks.

Cleveland will need to get a willing trade partner.   Looks like NO $25.5 mil., Indy $41.5 mil., Seattle $34.4 mil.are all looking.  All could swing Baker’s owed ($18 mil.)

If it were me I’d shoot for Indy.  Solid team, still relatively young, and a great running game.  BM probably just a bridge guy for a couple of years, but could get any of these teams for 2022-2023.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.