Deshaun Watson to Browns - $230 million guaranteed

Draconator

Just now, TonyBeets said:

Watson is just so overrated.  He is top 10 for sure, but the 2nd highest paid QB?  What an insult to the top 5.

Agree, I think this stint in Cleveland is going to prove how overrated he is. Sitting a year isn’t ideal either. Cleveland isn’t typically the best place to revive a career. 

12 minutes ago, NewEra said:

They went from having no chance to win the super bowl to having a decent chance.  

There is a chance if I spend 230K on Power-ball tickets I will win as well.  I'm sure this deal just divided the entire fan base on so many levels and numerous supporters are gone. 

This is one of the most epic trades ever that will be talked about a long time I think. 

Just so happy we have Allen.

Edited by Real McNasty
  • Like (+1) 1

I thought for sure when Watson was there in the 2017 draft the Bills would pick him. So glad they didn’t and got a guy who lives and breathes Buffalo. No way Watson or Mahomes would fit in the city like Josh does. Can’t wait for him to bring us the Super Bowl we’ve all been waiting for!

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Real McNasty said:

There is a chance if I spend 230K on Power-ball tickets I will win as well.  I'm sure this deal just divided the entire fan base on so many levels and numerous supporters are gone. 

This is one of the most epic trades ever that will be talked about a long time I think. 

Winning Super Bowls cures all.  There’s never been a qb as good as Watson to become available while in their prime. 3 first rd picks is a joke compared to what he brings them.  No brainer trade for Cleveland.  Good job Mr. Berry

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Disagree 3

4 minutes ago, Perry Turtle said:

Sure, I mean who isn't walking around with 22 sexual assault civil cases filed against him.

I’m not disagreeing.  I’m saying we don’t know.  The fact that they didn’t push trial for him does at least show there’s gaps in the accusations. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

$230 guaranteed?   

there has to be an out?  

no one can be that stupid. Can they?

Ohh there are some. 

In fairness, they won't have to pay 1st rounders for awhile so that should help. 

Edited by Real McNasty
  • Haha (+1) 3

It cracks me up that the trade is for Watson, so the Browns give up all these picks but also ask for a 2024 5th round pick?

This was similar to the Russell Wilson trade where the Seahawks got back a 2022 4th round pick.

Was this using the leverage of the deals to get something more?  It’s not like either team is not going to make the deals because of those picks.

2 hours ago, MJS said:

Texans are morons and trade him within the conference?

to me that is the most incredible part really..........geez louise I mean really........Ive always kind of identified with browns fans being diehards and logistically so close to Buffalo......the compensation  on both sides to me is INSANE in this case. HOLY COW. Texans you are officially a laughing stock of a franchise. 

4 hours ago, Perry Turtle said:

Sure, I mean who isn't walking around with 22 sexual assault civil cases filed against him.

It’s really just one of those “he said - she she she she she she she she she she she she she she she she she she she she she she said” situations 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 11
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, muppy said:

to me that is the most incredible part really..........geez louise I mean really........Ive always kind of identified with browns fans being diehards and logistically so close to Buffalo......the compensation  on both sides to me is INSANE in this case. HOLY COW. Texans you are officially a laughing stock of a franchise. 

I think it's a combination of two things, the Texans are a terrible organization, and Watson kind of had them in a bind with the no trade clause.

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Winning Super Bowls cures all.  There’s never been a qb as good as Watson to become available while in their prime. 3 first rd picks is a joke compared to what he brings them.  No brainer trade for Cleveland.  Good job Mr. Berry

He's available because of his baggage which isn't limited to the assault charges.  

He thinks he's bigger then the game and the teams he plays for.  He wasn't consulted on the new GM?  Yea you're 24 and have won NOTHING as a pro.  If you're picking GMs why don't you just call all the shots Deshaun.  

He's a prick.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.