McKissinc changes mind, returning to Washington

Logic

I was listening to Brandon Beane about how this went down and how Washington was unscrupulous and I found it odd that he would call out another team so openly ....then I read an article this morning about Matt Loannidis and how he and his agent were lied to. I wonder what's up with Washington. They are going to make agents and other teams not want to deal with them. It is just odd.

https://us.yahoo.com/sports/matt-ioannidis-signs-with-panthers-after-agent-claims-commanders-lied-to-our-face-192138458.html

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, ganesh said:

I think there are plenty of RBs available in FA market.   The Bills should find a RB who will move the chains in the cold in December and January.    

what about the warm weather games?

11 hours ago, RichRiderBills said:

You mean a guy like singletary?

Patriots playoff game

On 3/16/2022 at 1:29 PM, BillsVet said:

So much for that theory Buffalo was a destination because of Josh.  Nothing against Josh, he's excellent, but something else is afoot here. 

Yeah ; Washington wasn't going  to pay him until they saw a competing offer. I didn't really like this signing,anyway. Would rather add RB(s) in draft because of their short NFL career

No great loss as far as I am concerned.  Not that RBs are actually " a dime a dozen " but I'm fine with drafting a couple. Why bring in a 28/29 year-old,on a 2 year contract, when your current backs are close to the end of their deals? Running backs have short careers and rookie backs can usually contribute immediately.

• Like (+1) 1

I imagine Beane will have a long memory with respect to what Washington did.  If he has the opportunity to screw the Commanders and Ron Rivera, I don't think he would shy away from it.  As far as the running back position is concerned, I assume Beane will look for someone who has McKissic's skill set.  At a minimum, he'll need to be an effective receiver and able to block and pick up blitzers, as well as having some level of effectiveness as a runner.  McKissic is the guy they targeted, so presumably the other free agents available are less of a match to what Beane wants than McKissic.  If somebody is close enough and can be signed for the right price, Beane will do it.  Otherwise, he'll draft somebody.

20 hours ago, Saint Doug said:

I can’t blame Mckissic for this. He just didn’t want to move. 

Better to be a lineman if you do not want to move.  Moving is a big thing for pass catching RBs.

https://www.nfl.com/news/bills-gm-brandon-beane-upset-commanders-didn-t-back-off-after-rb-j-d-mckissic-ag?campaign=Twitter_atn

Beane seems furious especially with agent and WTF's front office.  Agent may have issues with future deals with Buffalo.

McKissic's situation has unsurprisingly drawn the ire of Bills general manager Brandon Beane, who let his displeasure of Washington's handling of the situation be known when speaking to the media on Friday.

"That was tough. Obviously, he was a guy we targeted and, in this business, in general, when you have an agreement, it's good," Beane said, via ESPN's Alaina Getzenburg. "But until there's ink on the paper, and his agent did a great job. Doug Hendrickson and CJ LaBoy did a great job. There were some things that went down with the other organization, which is painful, but they chose to do what they did, and I couldn't stop it.

"I've had it before where the agent has agreed with you on something and then someone else calls and says, 'Hey, what if I add a million dollars? Or what if I do this? What if I guarantee this?' Once you have an agreement the agent's supposed to say it's over. And this agent did that. And this agent told the other club it's over. But the other club didn't back off."

4 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Better to be a lineman if you do not want to move.  Moving is a big thing for pass catching RBs.

https://www.nfl.com/news/bills-gm-brandon-beane-upset-commanders-didn-t-back-off-after-rb-j-d-mckissic-ag?campaign=Twitter_atn

Beane seems furious especially with agent and WTF's front office.  Agent may have issues with future deals with Buffalo.

Did you actually listen to Beane's presser? And did you read the excerpt you quoted?  Beane said "his agent did a great job, Doug Hendrickson and CJ Laboy did a great job"   Right after the part you bolded, Beane said "And this agent did that.  And this agent told the other club it's over."

He's not mad at the agents at all and they won't have any problems in future deals.

The WFT on the other hand.....

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, BigAl2526 said:

I imagine Beane will have a long memory with respect to what Washington did.  If he has the opportunity to screw the Commanders and Ron Rivera, I don't think he would shy away from it. 

I think Beane is far too professional and values his reputation too much to "screw" the Commanders.

On the other hand, if Washington wants to work a deal based on trust with Buffalo, Beane may or may not pick up the phone when they call, and if he does pick up the phone, he's gonna have Hardball Mode enabled.

24 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Did you actually listen to Beane's presser? And did you read the excerpt you quoted?  Beane said "his agent did a great job, Doug Hendrickson and CJ Laboy did a great job"   Right after the part you bolded, Beane said "And this agent did that.  And this agent told the other club it's over."

He's not mad at the agents at all and they won't have any problems in future deals.

Reading between the lines it sounds like the Commanders may have bypassed the agents and went straight to McKissic? Who then said he wanted to stay in Washington.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, UKBillFan said:

Reading between the lines it sounds like the Commanders may have bypassed the agents and went straight to McKissic? Who then said he wanted to stay in Washington.

That is what it seems like. Isn’t that unethical? I always thought if someone was represented by an agent, then the other side must go through the agent exclusively. 

• Agree 1

The GM position works, to a degree, on professionalism and mutual respect.  Washington screwing people is a sneaky, short-term gain, but will cost them hard long-term, when nobody, player, GM or agent is going to trust them at all.  And Washington isn't even a contender.  You pick now to burn your bridges?

8 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Beane compliments the agent 2x and makes it a point to say that wasnt where the fault lied. He did however, make it clear he wasnt happy w the way Washington conducted themselves 

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Sorry. I didnt scroll that far before my reply. I just read what he wrote and immediately thgt 'uhhh... thats not that i heard' and then upon reading the article read the same thing i heard. Glad to see you pointed it out too in that im not crazy lol

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.