Bills sign DT Tim Settle, formally of Washington Commanders.

MAJBobby

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I actually quite like this signing, Tim Settle is a talented guy, but I still feel that we should be focusing on 1 or 2 difference makers not a lot of role players.

Can't neglect the trenches!  

Need Harry back and the D line is set.  

This seems like it could be a sneaky good signing. The guy didn't see many snaps in Washington because he had dudes like Allen and Payne ahead of him. He definitely fits the Bills in terms of what they're looking for in free agents (players on the younger side with untapped potential and just need a chance to shine) as well as in terms of players overall. His scouting report said he plays with "infectious energy" and takes well to coaching. As they've been telling new acquisitions in the McBeane era, come be the best Tim Settle you can be. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I see him as more of a big 3T...........he's an effective interior pass rusher.

God I hate when I agree with you.

He's Jordan Phillips-esque. His body type and weight suggests he should be a run-stopping 1T, but he's been much more effective as a pass rusher in his career.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I actually quite like this signing, Tim Settle is a talented guy, but I still feel that we should be focusing on 1 or 2 difference makers not a lot of role players.

Yep it's a matchup league.

At times I've wondered if Beane thinks that way.............they've had some easy schedules for more years than not in the McBeane era.........so not being able to dominate on the edges and islands hasn't been a week to week problem...........but it's been magnified when they face SB contenders.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.