Christian Kirk got 4 year $72M ($18M/yr) and up to $84M with incentives…wow, what’s Diggs gonna get?

Alphadawg7

I told y’all he was never coming here, total pipe dream because he was gonna get paid.  But I was thinking more like $12m-$14m…but that’s way more than expected, that’s a lot of dough he just got.  

Deal said to be $18M per season with incentives to reach $21M.  So his floor is $72M but deal can reach $84M.

I’m still confident we work a good deal for both parties with Diggs, but geesh these other receiver deals are blowing the WR market way up.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Haha (+1) 1

The first number released is always by the player/agent, and it’s never accurate.

The devil is in the details, but “up to”. 84M is not 84M.

I think that, as with all free agency deals, if we wait to see the actual numbers, they’ll be quite different and will make much more sense.

• Like (+1) 1

That's insane. I like Kirk, but, IMO, if that is the actual amount, it is a ridiculous amount for him and only accomplishes setting an artificial level of worth that creates nothing but problems for the position market.

Edited by billsfan1959

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

The first number released is always by the player/agent, and it’s never accurate.

The devil is in the details, but “up to”. 84M is not 84M.

I think that, as with all free agency deals, if we wait to see the actual numbers, they’ll be quite different and will make much more sense.

True, seeing talk is $18m per year on Twitter, but nothing official yet.  Still, $18m per year is rich for him too.

• Agree 1

• Alphadawg7 changed the title to Christian Kirk got up to $84M over 4 years…wow, what’s Diggs gonna get?

Good for Kirk getting paid, but glad WE didn't pay him that much.  I'll take who we have plus maybe a day 2 or 3 WR in the draft.

If we can get Landry, great, but I'm really afraid of how much we'd have to pay him - which could hurt us elsewhere.  But I'm not the GM so what do I know....

Edited by Blainorama5

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

True, seeing talk is $18m per year on Twitter, but nothing official yet.  Still, $18m per year is rich for him too.

Yeah, $18M is still a lot. The cost for good WRs has certainly ballooned in recent years. It’s rise has coincided with the devaluation of running backs.

WR doesn’t seem like a position starved for talent like QB, DE, OT, and CB, so I’m surprised the salaries have escalated so high. With the amount of college WRs who come into the NFL from spread offenses and pro-style schemes, you’d think value on the position would be closer to RB than DE.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, JayBaller10 said:

WR doesn’t seem like a position starved for talent like QB, DE, OT, and CB, so I’m surprised the salaries have escalated so high. With the amount of college WRs who come into the NFL from spread offenses and pro-style schemes, you’d think value on the position would be closer to RB than DE.

Bad teams over pay for WRs.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.