Christian Kirk got 4 year $72M ($18M/yr) and up to $84M with incentives…wow, what’s Diggs gonna get?

Alphadawg7

9 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Don't be salty because my guess was closer than yours 😜

Hahaha you were!  

Schefter just said on ESPN that it’s $18m per year ‘along his deal $72M, but with incentives he can hit $84M.

Edited by Alphadawg7

17 minutes ago, Special K said:

Him signing with the Jags shows he is a “in it for the money” guy....enjoy your money while you go 2-15, dude.

I think Pederson will be a massive upgrade over what they've had.  He's always seemed to do a good job balancing out what an offense is trying to do.  Adding linemen will help them run the ball more effectively, they get etienne back from last year as well.  Kirk, Jones, Shenault - not a particularly scary unit in any case.  I'd expect them to use 33 on a WR - especially if a good one falls.  They need a TE as well depending on the rest of FA shaking out.  

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Hahaha you were!  

Schefter just said on ESPN that it’s $18m per year ‘along his deal $72M, but with incentives he can hit $84M.

It's just stupid money for this guy.  I sincerely doubt he lives up to the money

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, dneveu said:

I think Pederson will be a massive upgrade over what they've had.  He's always seemed to do a good job balancing out what an offense is trying to do.  Adding linemen will help them run the ball more effectively, they get etienne back from last year as well.  Kirk, Jones, Shenault - not a particularly scary unit in any case.  I'd expect them to use 33 on a WR - especially if a good one falls.  They need a TE as well depending on the rest of FA shaking out.  

Time will tell, but Jax does not have the best track record for success over the last 20 years, not to mention that their OL is subpar...should have spent that  Kirk money to protect Lawrence.

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

This is how bad teams stay bad 

If not that.........it's how bad teams get better initially.......but then soon find themselves in a jackpot wrt the salary cap.

It's not quite the % over-pay that Beane gave to Lotulelei in 2018.........his $10M aav was 2.5x his estimated market...........but it's still about $6M over worth IMO.......a good 50% over what Kirk should be paid........and those kind of over-pays could add up and lead to them being up against the cap before the end of Trevor's deal.

The Jags did this with their last re-build too...........over-spent to get competitive and devastated their salary cap in the process..........we just tend to forget because the QB Blake Bortles total-failed and they had to do a full re-set.

• Like (+1) 2

51 minutes ago, Special K said:

With the amount of money that these guys make....if it were me I would be willing to take a little less money to play on a team with a chance to win a Super Bowl.....winning would be more important to me.

sometimes but not always...not every player gets a shot at big 2nd contract. 

42 minutes ago, Special K said:

Time will tell, but Jax does not have the best track record for success over the last 20 years, not to mention that their OL is subpar...should have spent that  Kirk money to protect Lawrence.

They got a prime pick for O-Line upgrades.

1 hour ago, Special K said:

Their first signing of the day was All Pro OG Brandon Scherff, and they have the #1 overall pick with OT Neal sitting there.

Some of y’all need to relax… Diggs will get what’s he’s worth, which will be in line with Tyreek Hill.  

Teams aren’t going to spaz because a bad team with tons of cap space overpaid massively.   It makes sense why they did that.  

If Adams or Diggs want bonkers out of control money, they can go play for a team like Jax as well. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.