Cowboys release Robert Foster

Virgil

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

If that previous poster is correct, noted TSW member and Alabama aficionado Sky Diver will be singing:

🎶 Danke Schoen, darling, danke Schoen 🎵

🎶 Thank you for all the joy and pain...🎵

Nice memory - my mind went straight to the Bama-lover but I spaced on the name.

2 hours ago, Virgil said:

I would love to know what happened with him.  To me, he's part of the best throw of Josh's career and had a hot second half of the season.  I never understood why he didn't earn more playing time and was relegated to the bench or practice squad.  With the losses of Sanders, and potentially Beasley/McKenzie, I'd love to bring him back

I hope you are trolling with the best throw of his career.  I can specifically think of 3 from the KC playoff game that were more clutch

49 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

I remember the play where JA17 threw a beautiful 60 yard pass to Foster ....... It bounced off the back of his head.

Oh the memories of Robert Foster star shine in Buffalo.

41 minutes ago, Malazan said:

The Legend of Robert Foster is greater than The Legend of Kiko Alonso

no  no . I think not.

The legend of Kiko is more legendary. dude had a commercial about soup.  or something

3 hours ago, Virgil said:

I would love to know what happened with him.  To me, he's part of the best throw of Josh's career and had a hot second half of the season.  I never understood why he didn't earn more playing time and was relegated to the bench or practice squad.  With the losses of Sanders, and potentially Beasley/McKenzie, I'd love to bring him back

He had an attitude issue.  LeSean McCoy was his mentor on team and took him under his wing after he was benched saying he could not expect to be given anything. His attitude changed in practices and he got snaps in games and for half a year he was decent.  LeSean McCoy was released and his attitude returned.  61% catch rate first year including first part of year and was terrible second year before he was let go.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

I hope you are trolling with the best throw of his career.  I can specifically think of 3 from the KC playoff game that were more clutch

Nope. That throw in the Jags game was absolutely insane. He somehow threw a laser while being crushed by two guys and hit Foster in stride, where only he could get it.  

I challenge you to show me a better overall pass.  

11 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

He had an attitude issue.  LeSean McCoy was his mentor on team and took him under his wing after he was benched saying he could not expect to be given anything. His attitude changed in practices and he got snaps in games and for half a year he was decent.  LeSean McCoy was released and his attitude returned.  61% catch rate first year including first part of year and was terrible second year before he was let go.

First I’ve heard that.  Makes sense.  McD wouldn’t put up with that 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Clutch vs physically best are different 

I absolutely agree that with the pocket collapsing, and Josh getting buried... The way the ball came out of his hand with velocity and accuracy was one of the best throws I've ever seen 

It was a meaningless game so the throw didn't mean much.. but in terms of the difficulty it was asinine (and I mean stupid in the best way )

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 3

16 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Nope. That throw in the Jags game was absolutely insane. He somehow threw a laser while being crushed by two guys and hit Foster in stride, where only he could get it.  

I challenge you to show me a better overall pass.  

Josh has a TON of highlights, but that play where he got crushed by two guys and still got the ball out on target was quintessential gritty Josh. I don’t know how to “rank” them, but THAT has to be on the list. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Virgil said:

A lot of negative reaction to this. It’s a fair question. He seemed like a diamond in the rough for a minute. 

He’s a league minimum guy at this point. It doesn’t hurt to bring him into camp. I think he can play ST as well. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Virgil said:

I was a big Bob Foster fan during his Bills tenure, too.  His immediate drop-off was a head scratcher.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Virgil said:

I seem to recall that it was his attitude.  

15 hours ago, Virgil said:

Virgil, please no.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.