Kumerow signed to 1 year deal

BillsMafi$

33 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I know we have some people on here who can't understand the salary cap.............you obviously being one...........but if you add $20M to the available cap space of every team it doesn't alter the Bills buying power relative to the rest of the league.     Salaries would just be higher.

It's not that complicated.

Keep in mind that the "terrible" cap situation that McBeane claimed to inherit was a team with *only* $30M+ in cap space going into the 2017 offseason.    

In a market where the buying power is $20M higher per team..........Beane would be in the exact same position he is now relative to the rest of the league.........it's ridiculous to claim that Beane and the Bills were more adversely affected.  

There is no logic to your line of thinking at all.......which is another example of why I mock your screen name. 😉

Mock all you want. It doesn’t mean much coming from a chronically arrogant know-it-all such as yourself. Have you EVER been wrong about ANYTHING?

Tell me something: how many helpful free agents can you sign if you have $0 in cap space? How many can you sign if you have $20M in cap space? Right.

Gonna sit here and say that the COVID situation shrinking their cap space from $20M to $0 had no impact on the Bills’ ability to sign players and then accuse ME of lacking logic? Sure, bud.

Go try your tired schtick on someone else. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

It is a good question. It is linked to who gets the returner job too. Stevenson will get a shot but man he disappointing as a rookie.

I went to one of the early public camp practices and he looked shaky there, feet moving constantly and he had trouble settling under the ball. Hopefully he will put some quality time in this offseason with the jugs machine. Looked to me like he ran a little high and I was worried about him fumbling although I don't remember him fumbling. Some competition needs to be added to the roster anyway, maybe a vet and a rook. Seems like there's plenty of Stevenson clones in the draft this year.

3 hours ago, MWK said:

Or maybe I don't like wasting what little cap we have on special teams only players who can't do much of anything like Tyler Matakevich

Then you might want to find a new sport if you have that big of an issue with it because 32 out of 32 teams do this every year.  Sign players whose primary role is ST. 

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Logic said:

Mock all you want. It doesn’t mean much coming from a chronically arrogant know-it-all such as yourself. Have you EVER been wrong about ANYTHING?

Tell me something: how many helpful free agents can you sign if you have $0 in cap space? How many can you sign if you have $20M in cap space? Right.

Gonna sit here and say that the COVID situation shrinking their cap space from $20M to $0 had no impact on the Bills’ ability to sign players and then accuse ME of lacking logic? Sure, bud.

Go try your tired schtick on someone else. 

If you add $20M to each team's salary cap...........then $20M is just the new zero.

The cap is malleable.........right now the Bills project to have $54M in cap room for 2023..........they can easily use that room and space in 2024 etc.. to sign useful players.    

That will increase with cuts........and go down with the $10M Oliver option.........but it's a pretty good idea of very readily available room to add "useful" players now.

The issue is whether or not the Bills self-impose a limit by not re-strucuting deals to push the cap hit into 2023..........in which case careless spending on ST and role players becomes a NOW problem rather than just a bad tendency that limits them over time.

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Dislike 1

4 hours ago, MWK said:

Or maybe I don't like wasting what little cap we have on special teams only players who can't do much of anything like Tyler Matakevich

Can you tell me which teams in the NFL don't have a handful of core special teamers?

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

If you add $20M to each team's salary cap...........then $20M is just the new zero.

The cap is malleable.........right now the Bills project to have $54M in cap room for 2022..........they can easily use that room and space in 2024 etc.. to sign useful players.    

That will increase with cuts........and go down with the $10M Oliver option.........but it's a pretty good idea of very readily available room to add "useful" players now.

The issue is whether or not the Bills self-impose a limit by not re-strucuting deals to push the cap hit into 2023..........in which case careless spending on ST and role players becomes a NOW problem rather than just a bad tendency that limits them over time.

IF you had originally typed it out like this, it would of explained the situation the bills are in without the sassy comments lol... that being said you are absolutely correct!

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

@Rhode Island Red Nah, they'd be battling over Utica Club; let's not give them too much credit, now.

Growing up we lived in northern Michigan in the summers; drank Stroh’s cuz they didn’t have Labatt’s up there yet.  Dollars to donuts that Ralph drank Stroh’s, though.

If I’ve ever had a UC it was probably someone else’s that I picked up by mistake…

Edited by Rhode Island Red
Gobbledygook
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, mushypeaches said:

My god, can you imagine the furor that this board would have had around keeping Steve Tasker around for 12 seasons?

we don't have anyone even in the same realm of Steve Tasker on this team.  I'm not sure any NFL team does.  The dude is a HOF player once the HOF realizes special teams exist beyond K and P.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.