Chandler Jones, Jordan Davis, DK Metcalfe, maybe Gronk

Ghs24mike

On 3/8/2022 at 2:33 PM, Ghs24mike said:

These are the moves that need to be made to have a shot at the championship. 

All doable. Certainly a fantasy but hear me out. 

Send a 2023 first round pick to Seahawks for DK Metcalfe

Sign Chandler Jones

Give up as many picks as it takes to move up for Davis this year. Then find picks and trade up again to get a top CB. Who cares if we only draft two guys. 

Then we let Phillips walk, Levi walk, Beasley, Mckenzie, Feliciano, Starr all gone. 

Restructure Diggs and extend, restructure Tre and extend, extend and lower cap hit for Edmunds, extend Morse, extend Oliver with a lower cap hit for next season. 

We would have almost no holes and might even be able to sign Gronk. 

glad you're not our GM

• Eyeroll 1

On 3/8/2022 at 1:33 PM, Ghs24mike said:

Sign Chandler Jones

Give up as many picks as it takes to move up for Davis this year. Then find picks and trade up again to get a top CB. Who cares if we only draft two guys. 

Then we let Phillips walk, Levi walk, Beasley, Mckenzie, Feliciano, Starr all gone. 

Restructure Diggs and extend, restructure Tre and extend, extend and lower cap hit for Edmunds, extend Morse, extend Oliver with a lower cap hit for next season. 

You forgot to start with please dear Santa ...

• Haha (+1) 1

Sign Chandler Jones

early contender for new account, craziest post of the year, Ea Sports GM of the year and troll of the year... We need all of this to have a shot? come on man...

• Agree 2

Sign Chandler Jones

I don’t think they would have to move up if they want Davis - and I hope they go another direction anyway.  He is a freak athlete at that size, but too many concerns for my taste including 

1. He lost a bunch of weight for the combine.  Why wasn’t he in better shape last season?  Is there a motivation issue?

2. He won’t be able to bully NFL OGs as easily as he did college guards - he did play against the best college competition, but that still isn’t the grown men of the NFL.

3. Why didn’t he play a higher percentage of snaps at Georgia?

Now, he may be maturing now and might stay in better shape and he certainly has size and talent, but I am not sure enough of those things (and don’t have the ability to interview him and his coaches, trainers, teammates, etc…).

6 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

As silly as this post is, take out all the Metcalf stuff and it becomes very realistic. 

Jordan Davis @ 25

Sign CJ to 2/34

Sign Gronk 1/8

.....still leaves plenty of cap for other mid tier fa's.

Adding DK to the mix makes this ridiculous, but yea.. this is absolutely realistic. 

As much as I’d cringe at, yet another, high defensive pick… I can’t lie… a starting DL of Jones-Davis-Oliver-Rousseau is an absolute monster.  

On 3/9/2022 at 4:33 AM, Ghs24mike said:

We have a shot at the championship without any of these. 

Wouldn't mind one or two of them but thinking they are necessary is flat-out ridiculous.

On 3/8/2022 at 9:33 PM, Ghs24mike said:

Sign Chandler Jones

This post didn't age well.

6 hours ago, Dan Darragh said:

This post didn't age well.

I think the biggest beef people had with it was the salary cap concerns which were obviously overblown given the Von Miller signing.

We lost every player except Mckenzie ( assuming Star is a post June 1) - so basically nailed that part. Von is even better than Jones so I underestimated that move. OJ Howard isn't Gronk but its a heck of a signing also. 

This wasn't a prediction, it was more of a "wouldn't" it be cool if this happened and said it was a fantasy.  I was having fun, and people take things way to seriously.

On 3/8/2022 at 11:33 AM, Ghs24mike said:

Sign Chandler Jones

24 minutes ago, Ghs24mike said:

I think the biggest beef people had with it was the salary cap concerns which were obviously overblown given the Von Miller signing.

We lost every player except Mckenzie ( assuming Star is a post June 1) - so basically nailed that part. Von is even better than Jones so I underestimated that move. OJ Howard isn't Gronk but its a heck of a signing also. 

This wasn't a prediction, it was more of a "wouldn't" it be cool if this happened and said it was a fantasy.  I was having fun, and people take things way to seriously.

I mean the moves youre touting here were all pretty obvious moves that everyone most assumed were going to happen for the most part.  

The issue is you proposed something that was just insanely impossible.  I mean you have us trading for DK...which takes at least one premium pick...then somehow still having enough ammo to trade up for Davis...and then yet again having enough ammo to somehow trade up and get a top CB prospect too.  I mean come on lol.  

Then there is all the money you were spending on top of that to sign Chandler and Gronk, pay DK, extend Edmunds and Oliver now, etc.  And yeah, you mentioned "fantasy" but after said all this is "doable" and then followed it with "but hear me out" which by default is going to get heavily scrutinized after those infamous TSW words.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.