Rumor- Harrison Phillips not coming back

wiseman3

1 hour ago, The Dean said:

You know what else happens, I'd venture to say far more often? People tend to exaggerate the level of their "friendship" to famous people/athletes/musicians, when dealing with strangers to impress them. They also mis interpret remarks and put their own spin on things, on purpose or unintentionally.  A remark like "I I won't be back in Buffalo next year" (because he sees the writing on the wall) can get mangled into "He wants to leave Buffalo" or "There is no way he will come back to the Bills", etc. 

Now neither of us know exactly Harrison's relationship to this person, what the exact nature of the conversations he has had with him or the exact nature of the texts that prove he is Harry's best friend. I would be highly skeptical in that situation. In my extensive bar experience (on both sides of the bar) I've found bulls#it exceeds actual information by quite a wide margin. And the information that seems to be real should be treated with caution and some suspect as to its exact nature.

And maybe it's because my best friend has been my best friend for 60 years, and several others with 50+ years of friendship, but I can't imagine one of them telling a stranger my very personal business. And I can guarantee you, if I found out they had, they would not only not be my "best friend", but not sure they could be considered a friend at all.

One of my best friends discussed something way more sensitive than this info about Phillips, I mean the guy is in my wedding party.  And it was just out of excitement about it all after he had some drinks, but it happened.  I didn’t drop him as a friend over it.

I think your first mistake here is you are wayyyyyy over exaggerating the seriousness of the information about Phillips.  Players chat all the time loosely with friends about their free agency plans, it’s not like it’s some national security issue that no friend ever dare mention.  You’ve made this some major unforgivable thing to mention, which it clearly is not anywhere near that level.  

And with me meeting Levi’s 4 college best friends, their Instagram is full of all 5 of them together (with Levi) everywhere, out an about doing normal stuff.  These are just people dude who all live in the real world.  Not that hard to meet them or people associated with them.

And back to the OP, I mean he literally just said it was nothing more than a rumor, cited the unverified source, and then shared what he said and showed him.  This need to pile on him for that is unnecessary, he presented the information the right way for people to take it or leave it as such…just a rumor…which proved to be correct too.  

And to be honest…I can give a long list of celebs or friends of celebs I’ve met and had info shared with me over the years across all types of sports and entertainment.  

So, I just think the ridicule the OP got was way over the top and unnecessary.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

15 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

You can always tell which posters on the board never leave their house or keyboard when these type of threads pop up....it's the guys who just can't fathom these guys are real people who have real lives, real friends, and people in the real world socialize.  I've had a few run ins with players or friends of players over the years(it's really not that uncommon for those of us who are local to WNY) and things don't always get kept as close to the vest as you would think.

If you don’t believe every story or rumor you see on the internet it means you’re total loser with no life, no friends, and never go outside. What?

• Vomit 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Very disappointed in this as Harry was the new Kyle Williams. I understand we didn't have a ton of money and players need to make what they can but he made a mistake because he's not winning anything in Minnesota, maybe he'll come back in a few years when he wants to win a Superbowl.

I actually thought Zimmer wa the new Kyle Williams

We can now close this. Harrison Phillps is currently on NFL Network on SiriusXM. He said the Bills were in it until the end and made a decent offer and he even insinuated that his agents reached out to the Bills right at the end. He said there were 4 teams and it was down to either the Vikings or Bills. He cried tears when it wasn't Buffalo.

Edited by Beast
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Beast said:

We can now close this. Harrison Phillps is currently on NFL Network on SiriusXM. He said the Bills were in it until the end and made a decent offer and he even insinuated that his agents reached out to the Bills right at the end. He said there were 4 teams and it was down to either the Vikings or Bills. He cried tears when it wasn't Buffalo.

This is interesting about the bolder, as that’s the kind of thing that Beane was so mad about the McKissic situation. 

On 3/15/2022 at 1:21 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

One of my best friends discussed something way more sensitive than this info about Phillips, I mean the guy is in my wedding party.  And it was just out of excitement about it all after he had some drinks, but it happened.  I didn’t drop him as a friend over it.

I think your first mistake here is you are wayyyyyy over exaggerating the seriousness of the information about Phillips.  Players chat all the time loosely with friends about their free agency plans, it’s not like it’s some national security issue that no friend ever dare mention.  You’ve made this some major unforgivable thing to mention, which it clearly is not anywhere near that level.  

And with me meeting Levi’s 4 college best friends, their Instagram is full of all 5 of them together (with Levi) everywhere, out an about doing normal stuff.  These are just people dude who all live in the real world.  Not that hard to meet them or people associated with them.

And back to the OP, I mean he literally just said it was nothing more than a rumor, cited the unverified source, and then shared what he said and showed him.  This need to pile on him for that is unnecessary, he presented the information the right way for people to take it or leave it as such…just a rumor…which proved to be correct too.  

And to be honest…I can give a long list of celebs or friends of celebs I’ve met and had info shared with me over the years across all types of sports and entertainment.  

Small people looking for an angle to knock people. 

They think they're wise or something by making a scene about not believing a rumor. I think their just projecting their boring and eventless lives onto others. 

I've also heard things about players and celebs that turned out to be true. A few times directly from the source. Players go out and drink and socialize. They hook up with girls and share pillow secrets which then get told to everyone. These things happen. 

Just trust your intuition. I also felt no reason to disbelieve the OP. I wouldn't have run to a message board and told everyone. I think that's lame. But streets talk, you know. 

• Agree 1

It’s a message board and people come here to find out the latest on their team. If someone finds out an interesting tidbit and brings it to the board with some honest qualifiers, I appreciate the info. But some people coming at the OP with CAPITAL LETTERS seemed ridiculous and petty. I appreciated the OP’s handling of it all. He/she/them seemed confident and self-assured enough to not take it personally which is refreshing. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 3/15/2022 at 1:27 PM, gobills404 said:

If you don’t believe every story or rumor you see on the internet it means you’re total loser with no life, no friends, and never go outside. What?

I think the meaning of that post was the total piling on was ridiculous.  13 pages of it.

13 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

This is interesting about the bolder, as that’s the kind of thing that Beane was so mad about the McKissic situation. 

It isn't. If Bills came back at Phillips after it was announced he had agreed to terms with the Vikings, that would be like the McKissic situation.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 3/15/2022 at 1:21 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

The OP wasn't proven correct at all. We still have no idea if the story is true; in fact, signs point to it not being true (listen to Phillips' interview yesterday). The OP had a 50/50 chance of being right about Phillips leaving; the fact that he guessed correctly on the eventual outcome doesn't lend any credence to his backstory.

2 hours ago, BillsFanNC said:

It isn't. If Bills came back at Phillips after it was announced he had agreed to terms with the Vikings, that would be like the McKissic situation.

But Beane also said once a deal is struck, the agent is supposed to end it. This makes it sound like Harrison’s agent came back to the Bills after they had an agreement from the Vikings.  

19 hours ago, Beast said:

2 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

But Beane also said once a deal is struck, the agent is supposed to end it. This makes it sound like Harrison’s agent came back to the Bills after they had an agreement from the Vikings.  

That's not what the bolded implies even a little. The end refers to the end of the negotiations being carried out among four different teams before any decision was made on what offer to accept.

• Like (+1) 2

19 hours ago, Beast said:

I think some of these players get carried away during the free agency period by the agents. It’s in the agent’s best interest to get the highest contract for themselves, I mean the players. Before the players even know it, they have a very hard time turning down offer the agent is likely pressuring them to not to refuse. Next thing they know, they’re on a different team. I get that the buck stops at the player, but these are young guys and are highly impressionable. 

17 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

Sounds like they had the numbers but had not given an agreement to sign. No problem giving the Bills one last shot in that instance. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

The OP wasn't proven correct at all. We still have no idea if the story is true; in fact, signs point to it not being true (listen to Phillips' interview yesterday). The OP had a 50/50 chance of being right about Phillips leaving; the fact that he guessed correctly on the eventual outcome doesn't lend any credence to his backstory.

So you think it’s more plausible the OP just flat out made up that story?  I mean that seems unlikely.  Why it’s so hard to believe these things happen is just puzzling to me.  And even if people don’t believe his encounter was real, they have no proof of that either and it’s really unnecessary to pile on the OP with no evidence of any kind to suggest they made it up.  

They could simply read then ignore the thread if that was the case.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

16 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

Incorrect. 

had mckissic shopped the deal back home before agreeing it would’ve been no harm. 

that he agreed and then gave a chance to match afterwards was the issue. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

So you think it’s more plausible the OP just flat out made up that story?  I mean that seems unlikely.  Why it’s so hard to believe these things happen is just puzzling to me.  And even if people don’t believe his encounter was real, they have no proof of that either and it’s really unnecessary to pile on the OP with no evidence of any kind to suggest they made it up.  

Yeah, there’s a tendency here to jump all over people that bring “inside” information, even relatively harmless tidbits. Not sure if people are jealous or what their problem is. It’s like when Dunkirk Don was flinging his crap - it was hilarious and ridiculous - but people ran him down like he was a child molester.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

6 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

Yeah, there’s a tendency here to jump all over people that bring “inside” information, even relatively harmless tidbits. Not sure if people are jealous or what their problem is. It’s like when Dunkirk Don was flinging his crap - it was hilarious and ridiculous - but people ran him down like he was a child molester.  

Only way to stop the false reporting is to destroy those who do it.

• Eyeroll 2

4 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

So you think instead of him getting lucky in a 50/50 situation it's more likely that he 1.Met Harrison Phillips best friend. 2. In Buffalo 3. He then told him he wasn't coming back.

That seems more likely to you?

I mean if I said I was psychically told by Brandon Bean in a dream that he was going to let Bates go, and he then happened to be let go I'm not suddenly psychic.

• Eyeroll 3

21 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

No, Phillips camp reached out to let the Bills make a final offer before they agreed to terms with the Vikings. That is normally how negotiations go when a player is interested in staying put but wants to test the market. i.e., Von Miller.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

So you think instead of him getting lucky in a 50/50 situation it's more likely that he 1.Met Harrison Phillips best friend. 2. In Buffalo 3. He then told him he wasn't coming back.

I mean if I said I was psychically told by Brandon Bean in a dream that he was going to let Bates go, and he then happened to be let go I'm not suddenly psychic.

Your comparison is beyond ridiculous.  Yes I think it’s more plausible his experience was true than not true.  

I’ve got way crazier true stories than this one that involved way bigger news and people.  But people here tripping on meeting a below average starters friend in a local bar to where he plays…lmao.  

Next time just move along, no need to shred the OP and discouraging him from sharing.  Because clearly no matter the outcome you were still calling him a liar, which is even funnier to me.  Like what’s the point 

14 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Your comparison is beyond ridiculous.  Yes I think it’s more plausible his experience was true than not true.  

I’ve got way crazier true stories than this one that involved way bigger news and people.  But people here tripping on meeting a below average starters friend in a local bar to where he plays…lmao.  

Next time just move along, no need to shred the OP and discouraging him from sharing.  Because clearly no matter the outcome you were still calling him a liar, which is even funnier to me.  Like what’s the point 

I think I'll probably just take Harrison Phillips as a more credible source for how this went down.

9 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I think I'll probably just take Harrison Phillips as a more credible source for how this went down.

So the take home I have from Phillips message is that he knew relatively early that he had several suitors who were all going to offer him more than the Bills.

Therefore he could well have known the writing was on the wall and he was going to go somewhere else, prior to "tampering period" - not sure where, but clearly going to get better $$ several other places.

He could also have shared this knowledge with friends

OP's story isn't proven, but it's not un-plausible in this instance

26 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

What's the point of a lot of things people do, like make up fake Adam Schefter and Ian Rapoport and ESPN and NFL accounts?

Lol, honesty this actually lends more credibility to the OP and strengthens his story, so not sure why you posted this as some sort or proof he made it up.  

5 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Lol, honesty this actually lends more credibility to the OP and strengthens his story, so not sure why you posted this as some sort or proof he made it up.  

“What's the point of a lot of things people do, like make up fake Adam Schefter and Ian Rapoport and ESPN and NFL accounts?”. 🤣🤣

56 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

So Free Agency came down to the wire prior to March 5th?

I think Beane has conversations with his pending free agents on Locker Cleanout Day, that for transparency sake indicate how the team sees them.

Something like

"We really want you back and we hope we can work it out"

"We'd like you back, but given our limited cap space we're not sure we'll be able to keep you.  Expect an offer.  Please keep us in the loop as you talk to other teams"

"You've earned the right to test Free Agency and we wish you the best"

"We appreciate all you've done for the team"

If Beane doesn't have those conversations at the end of the season, it's a pretty sure bet he has them with the agents prior to the Combine.

If the Bills saw Harry as a valuable depth piece, while other teams saw him as a potential starter, that was in all honesty, probably pretty clear to Harry and his agents by the Combine, first week of March.

Now....I personally thought the Bills would see him as a starter and want to keep him "we really want you back and we hope we can work it out" class - in which case it would NOT have been clear by the Combine, first week of March how that would go down.  Details matter in that case, details like guarantees and roster bonuses and incentives that don't get worked out on a cocktail napkin the bar.

But in hindsight, the Bills could easily have matched what Harry got from the Vikes given what they decided to pay Da'Quon Jones.  It now appears that the Bills decided they needed to re-work their DL completely, especially at DT. 

So yeah, if that's the case, Harry could know by the Combine that he wasn't coming back.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, TBBills said:

Only way to stop the false reporting is to destroy those who do it.

The purity of football news must be maintained at all costs…,  🙄😁😆😅😂🤣🙄

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

So Free Agency came down to the wire prior to March 5th?

Read this 👇👇👇👇👇

18 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think Beane has conversations with his pending free agents on Locker Cleanout Day, that for transparency sake indicate how the team sees them.

Something like

"We really want you back and we hope we can work it out"

"We'd like you back, but given our limited cap space we're not sure we'll be able to keep you.  Expect an offer.  Please keep us in the loop as you talk to other teams"

"You've earned the right to test Free Agency and we wish you the best"

"We appreciate all you've done for the team"

If Beane doesn't have those conversations at the end of the season, it's a pretty sure bet he has them with the agents prior to the Combine.

If the Bills saw Harry as a valuable depth piece, while other teams saw him as a potential starter, that was in all honesty, probably pretty clear to Harry and his agents by the Combine, first week of March.

Now....I personally thought the Bills would see him as a starter and want to keep him "we really want you back and we hope we can work it out" class - in which case it would NOT have been clear by the Combine, first week of March how that would go down.  Details matter in that case, details like guarantees and roster bonuses and incentives that don't get worked out on a cocktail napkin the bar.

But in hindsight, the Bills could easily have matched what Harry got from the Vikes given what they decided to pay Da'Quon Jones.  It now appears that the Bills decided they needed to re-work their DL completely, especially at DT. 

So yeah, if that's the case, Harry could know by the Combine that he wasn't coming back.

Bottom line it was pretty clear Harry realized early the Bills were not going to offer what he felt his value was.  And everyone knows conversations are going on long before the start of FA.

I mean why are we even still talking about this?  Why are you so bent on trying to prove the poster false which you 100% categorically can not do?  Just like we can’t 100% prove he told truth.  

What we can do is take it for what he presented it as…a rumor…and accept the fact it’s plausible it could have happened the way the OP presented given the only portion of the rumor that actually mattered was accurate of him not coming back.  

This need to still be on some crusade against the OP makes no sense.  Especially given he presented it the right way if you’re gonna provide this sort of info/story to the board IMHO.

Time to move on.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Just admit you were wrong. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Read this 👇👇👇👇👇

Bottom line it was pretty clear Harry realized early the Bills were not going to offer what he felt his value was.  And everyone knows conversations are going on long before the start of FA.

I mean why are we even still talking about this?  Why are you so bent on trying to prove the poster false which you 100% categorically can not do?  Just like we can’t 100% prove he told truth.  

What we can do is take it for what he presented it as…a rumor…and accept the fact it’s plausible it could have happened the way the OP presented given the only portion of the rumor that actually mattered was accurate of him not coming back.  

This need to still be on some crusade against the OP makes no sense.  Especially given he presented it the right way if you’re gonna provide this sort of info/story to the board IMHO.

Time to move on.

I don't remember coming in here and saying it wasn't possible. What I said was that the op making it up wasn't less likely than it actually happening. Is it possible sure, but I wouldn't really say it's plausible.

10 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I don't remember coming in here and saying it wasn't possible. What I said was that the op making it up wasn't less likely than it actually happening. Is it possible sure, but I wouldn't really say it's plausible.

Rick Astley Pixel GIF

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.