Kyler Murray’s PR Statement

Alphadawg7

2 hours ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

I can't believe the agent actually posted that. Part of the reason a player should pay an agent is to prevent them from posting melodramatic garbage like that, and in this case, it was the agent posting it instead of the player.

This is so true.  It reminds me of being at work and you got a scathing email to put out.  Leave it in draft a half hour.  Then I would, cowardly, edit the heck out of it😐

• Awesome! (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Epictetus said:

Pretty obvious that Bills fans don’t like Murray.  Has anyone checked any of the fan sites, especially Arizona, to see what kind of reaction there?

Here is the comments section from the Arizona Republic's article about the situation:

https://cm.azcentral.com/comment/?storyUrl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.azcentral.com%2Fstory%2Fsports%2Fnfl%2Fcardinals%2F2022%2F02%2F28%2Fkyler-murrays-agent-releases-statement-arizona-cardinals-contract%2F6972377001%2F&marketName=azcentral&commentsopen=false

Most of these comments are in line with what most of the Bills fans in this thread think.

Edited by msw2112
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

How many QBs that have accomplished nothing got a long term top dollar contract after their third year?

1st 3 years

Passing                Rushing

Cmp%  Rate   Yds per attempt

Allen   62.5  91          5.5

Murray 66.9 93.9      5.7

While I would not choose Murray over Allen, their stats for rushing and passing compared. Murray is not an Allen, but “In his first season, Murray was named NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year after setting several Cardinals franchise rookie quarterback records. He received consecutive Pro Bowl selections during his next two seasons.” Heisman Trophy (2018). Allen honors in his first 3 years, Second-team All-Pro (2020) Pro Bowl (2020). Murray hardly accomplishing "nothing".

18 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

Here is the comments section from the Arizona Republic's article about the situation:

https://cm.azcentral.com/comment/?storyUrl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.azcentral.com%2Fstory%2Fsports%2Fnfl%2Fcardinals%2F2022%2F02%2F28%2Fkyler-murrays-agent-releases-statement-arizona-cardinals-contract%2F6972377001%2F&marketName=azcentral&commentsopen=false

Most of these comments are in line with what most of the Bills fans in this thread think.

I think we Bills fans were downright genteel to 'shorty'.  I like the AZ fan who suggested he grow 6" in the off-season, and then they'll talk.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, simpleman said:

I would think everyone here would want to be paid in-line with the current market value for their position

I get paid $13/hour to teach CPR.  People slinging fries at McD's start at $16/hour.  I don't mind getting paid $13/hour because I like doing it and I believe it is important to teach lifesaving skills to people.  Please do not assume "everyone here" is a money-grubbing narcissist.  I am not.

3 hours ago, simpleman said:

Unless you are a GOAT like Brady, you only have a few short years to build up that nest egg for retirement.

Kyler Murray has already made more in his short career than I made in my lifetime.  If he has any financial skills at all, his nest egg is considerably larger than mine.  I am sure I could have a happy life living off what he should have in his next egg.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Wow, that interview was weird.

I am thankful that we have Josh Allen.

It was so awkward I couldn’t watch it all again. I felt badly for Dan Patrick. He still talks about that interview! Kyler was trying to play it coy like he didn’t know which sport he was going to play. It’s absolutely painful to watch, and I’m glad he’s not OUR guy! If you’re not going to talk, decline the interview. Pretty simple, as apparently is Kyler. 

He's not that good and his agent probably knows that. Another year of playing average to poorly and he will be in the Baker Mayfield situation. Arizona will be even more likely to move on from him.  His agent wants the signing bonus and guaranteed money now. Murray has not done enough to warrant an extension yet.  Lamar Jackson is the only guy that should be pissed he hasnt signed a lucrative extension yet. As judging by how bad Baltimore was down the stretch, Jackson is the heart and soul of the Ravens. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Allen2Diggs said:

Over the past decade, it's become apparent that Quarterbacks have gained an enormous amount of leverage within their organizations due to the fact that there simply aren't enough good qb's to go around.

The Aaron Rodgers and Russell Wilson contract dances every offseason have become tiring and now we have another qb joining in without even having earned that clout. 

I hope we realize how lucky we are to have a guy like Josh Allen who handled his contract situation with class and never threw his organization or teammates under the bus.

Wilson's situation is really bizarre.  He and his agent have to know that trading him is salary cap suicide for Seattle. It is nearly impossible. That said I dont think the whole story has ever come out.  My gut tells me Wilson is a two faced diva and a locker room pariah that the coaching staff and front office chose over other players. The SuperBowl loss was the spark but it was brewing before. Go back to the rumor of Golden Tate sleeping with Wilson's ex wife. Guys like Sherman and Thomas and a few others left very unhappy too. There is a story there we just don't know all the details yet. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.