Kyler Murray’s PR Statement

Alphadawg7

3 hours ago, Doc said:

Murray deserves some blame, but I posted KK's record as a coach and it's pretty bad in the second half of seasons, going all the way back to TT.

I think much of this wouldn’t be said if Kingsbury had any control of his locker room, or the respect of players. He seems lost as an NFL coach. 

3 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

The top QBs in each of the 3 drafts before him got big $ extentions after 3 years.  

I don't think he's being an egomaniac any more than any other QB whose team improved after he got there.  

Would you mind identifying the QBs in the 3 drafts before him that got extensions after 3 years?

Thank you.

42 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Out of those six contracts, only Allen and Mahomes have worked out.  Tannehill ended up on another team (where he finally became good with an actually talented team around him), Goff and Wentz blew up in their teams' faces, and Watson is sitting on his couch.  Where if he's lucky he'll stay.  So I wouldn't be in any big hurry to load up the books with a mega deal for a QB who bombed out of the playoffs.

Doing a deal before the 4th year is a sign that you really, truly, absolutely have faith in your franchise QB.  And the Cardinals obviously don't, especially after this stunt.

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Here are the QBs picked in round one to sign a long-term deal before their 4th NFL season the past decade:

• Josh Allen
  • Patrick Mahomes
  • Deshaun Watson
  • Jared Goff
  • Carson Wentz
  • Ryan Tannehill

Thank you Yolo.

I believe the following facts are true. In their first 3 seasons:

• Josh Allen: two playoff appearances including the AFC Championship game in his 3rd year, 1 All Pro and 1 Pro Bowl (both 2020)
  • Patrick Mahomes: two playoffs appearances, 2 All Pros, 3 Pro Bowls, MVP in his second year and won the Super Bowl in his 3rd year.
  • Deshaun Watson: two playoffs appearances, 3 Pro Bowls, and beat the Bills in the divisional round in his 3rd year.
  • Jared Goff: two playoff appearances, 2 Pro Bowls, Super Bowl appearance in his 3rd year.
  • Carson Wentz: set multiple NFL records as a rookie and won the NFC East in his 2nd year (Foles led the team to the Super Bowl win after Wentz tore his ACL), All Pro and Pro Bowl in 2017, missed most of his 3rd year to injury.
  • Ryan Tannehill: Seriously, WTF combination of drugs was the entire Miami Dolphins organization doing? 
  • Kyler Murray: NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year and Pro Bowl alternate as a rookie, Pro Bowl in his 2nd year, Pro Bowl and playoffs (Wild Card) loss in his 3rd Year

I draw the following 4 conclusions:

• It looks to me like Kyler Murray doesn't quite deserve a Year 4 extension.
  • They must have some crazy-ass parties on Stephen Ross' yacht
  • The Goff and Wentz extensions were widely questioned when they happened.
  • The Allen, Mahomes, and Watson extensions were widely seen as justified.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

All I’m gonna say is thank god we got Josh Allen.  Can’t believe that they put this Diva statement out lmao.  

Great choice of words , DIVA, and others that come to mind like immaturity, narcissism,antithesis of leadership, naïveté, and don’t pee on me saying it’s raining! What a self serving piece of total BS, as if he is really worried about his teammates getting what they deserve!  It’s laughable and I bet his teammates havea hard time not laughing behind his back! It’s like a classic LAMP, “ the record is so much better because “I AM YOUR QUARTERBACK” , with no comparable mention to the new coaching staff and multiple other changes they made. If you don’t give me the contract I have written for me ( I bet the team is going thru that manifesto with a black marker redacting and rolling on the floor) , you as a Team obviously are not serious about pursuing a championship!  This is laughing stock type behavior and it’s hard to believe a sane adult didn’t step in and save this clown from himself. Talk about being surrounded by YES men ! 

Josh did this in the exact opposite, very professional way. As a result he cane across as a true professional, true leader , and it shows money is important , but not above what he loves most , his career of playing football.  It’s a bit cliche , but Josh is happy to be out there and it comes across as if he would play for free if he had to; you know what I mean, playing football is first and the rest will work out. Not in Kyles world , where if you pay me what I think I DESERVE, then I’ll take my commitment seriously and only then can you hope to win with my vision of the team.  What is with these qbs anymore?  Why do they think they deserve such input that they are  acting like it’s impossible to go on without them?

Hell , even Brady didn’t have that type of influence as the GOAT, yet the Pats still won. This type of stuff fractures team unity , and this is just like giving in to a kidnapper, the demands will never stop.  This is how Antonio Brown antics keep occurring !  Lol !  If I’m an owner , I would have a nice lunch in private, and remind this KID, what reality is, how fortunate he is to be where he is , and he has a contract to live up to.  Do something besides some individual rewards and then  we’ll revisit how valuable you are. Last thing I remember is how bad you got your A kicked in the playoff loss. He may not like hearing thst , but sometimes these guys need to hear the truth and not sugar coated ego boosting crap.  He might even be a better man later growing from being fed some reality. Seeing this type of drivel really keeps adding to the joy of having Josh Allen as the face of the Bills organization. He is a humble superstar who plays with the joy of someone playing a game he loves, and it’s very refreshing from a fan’s perspective. 

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Dopey said:

Thanks for saving me the time of presenting these numbers. 👍

11 hours ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

I can’t believe I have to do this.  But okay…

2019 - 64% 3722 yards 87.4 Rating 5 Wins

2020 - 67% 3971 yards 94.3 rating 8 Wins

2021 - 69% 3787 yards 100.6 rating 9 wins

(and playoffs)

*And please let’s not forget that Murray missed 3 games in 2021 due to injury.  He plays 1 out of 3 and he is a 4K Passer easily maybe even 4.5K If he plays them all*

So…all the major numbers have improved, and Arizona as a team has gone from:

3-13(1st overall pick) to 5-10 to 8-8 to 9-5(playoffs) under Murray.

But you “see” regression.

I’m not sure where to go from that.

I'm not on the Murray sucks bandwagon and 'regression' is obviously silly, but I do think he's peaked and that peak is.. average.

He plays a different style, but he's a Kirk Cousins level QB. Colt McCoy came and had 2 games that were statistically as good as pretty much all of the games Murray played. 

Colt McCoy:

79.6% 35/44 2 TD 0 Int

84.6% 22/26 1 TD 0 Int

I'm not saying McCoy is as good as Murray, but that offense was competent without him. I don't think he's a perennial top 10 QB before I get to the leadership and motivation questions. When you do, it would scare the hell out of me that this is a actually Mahomes brother or spouse.. not a future Mahomes level QB. 

Edited by Malazan

4 hours ago, Sierra Foothills said:

• The Allen, Mahomes, and Watson extensions were widely seen as justified.

Watson's extension was widely seen as UNJUSTIFIED

No-Need-4-Penis-small.gif

3 hours ago, pennstate10 said:

Agent is an effing moron.

Choses. 
dude can’t even afford a copy of ms word with spellcheck. 

or computer with cap-lock key not stuck.

8 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

What a tool, If I’m the owner  I have him benched until the little “B”es contract is expired. 

So you'd pay him 5.4 million to do nothing for a season and then let him walk in free agency getting nothing in return?

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, pennstate10 said:

Agent is an effing moron.

Choses. 
dude can’t even afford a copy of ms word with spellcheck. 

Or better yet, be able to proofread himself? 🤨

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

So you'd pay him 5.4 million to do nothing for a season and then let him walk in free agency getting nothing in return?

Depends upon my percentage of the 5.4 million I am getting. 😁

I don't think QBs under 6 ft can really get a team to the promised land in today's (or yesterday's) NFL.  They are crazy to pay him IMO.   Just not a believer in little squirt QBs at the NFL level.  

They had it with Carson Palmer and just didn't get it done.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.