Jags interviewing Pederson a 2nd time

Big Blitz

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He wants a ton of control and Shaka khan can’t handle it - he wants the GM fired so he can bring his guy Adrian Wilson from Arizona 

Some teams will never be good unless they can get the owners locked in a closet. That’s why the Bengals in the Super Bowl shocks me so much. 

• Agree 7

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He wants a ton of control and Shaka khan can’t handle it - he wants the GM fired so he can bring his guy Adrian Wilson from Arizona 

On the one hand, I don't blame him (Leftwich) for wanting to do it that way. It's certainly a method that has worked for us.

On the other one, I can see why Khan wouldn't necessarily want to hand that much control over, mainly due to inexperience.

McDermott and Beane, had both been in the NFL a fair time. While not actual HC or GMs (Beane did do a stint as the temp GM), they had a lot more experience under their belt.

22 minutes ago, NewEra said:

He’s made his mistakes in Philly…..but he also beat Brady and Belichick with Nick Foles. Considering the current options, I don’t think he’s a terrible choice. 

I'm not sure you can go wrong with hiring any head coach that has previously led a team to a superbowl win. And it's not like it was 10 or 15 years ago either, just 5 years ago.

And as bad as the situation in Jacksonville may be currently perceived, if anything the Bengals are showing the blueprint for a quick turnaround especially if Laurence takes a big step in his 2nd year and Pederson has the pedigree to make him realize what potential he has.

• Agree 2

10 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

I'm not sure you can go wrong with hiring any head coach that has previously led a team to a superbowl win. And it's not like it was 10 or 15 years ago either, just 5 years ago.

And as bad as the situation in Jacksonville may be currently perceived, if anything the Bengals are showing the blueprint for a quick turnaround especially if Laurence takes a big step in his 2nd year and Pederson has the pedigree to make him realize what potential he has.

Lawrence better take a major major step the man literally couldn’t complete a checkdown by the end of the season 

6 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Well, on the bright side, he really can't run the Jags into the ground!  Plus, a 2 year contract should do it.  Khan will save tons!

And he worked wonders for Wentz's career.....

You would imagine Jacksonville was steering away from renowned ego maniacs to wreck the locker room. But stupid is as stupid does I suppose.  

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.